What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary becomes youngest player to score 200 points in a season, Raiders’ finals hopes dashed

Danish

Referee
It's going to be hilarious next year when Moylan finds himself stuck behind yet another overhyped halfback with a famous father when the origin squads are announced

Reactions: gUt

Danish

Referee
It's ok. Cleary/Moylan can play 6 and 7.

I reckon they'll want an origin veteran to ease Cleary in.

Maloney is a definite option in that regard..... although if they really want to get some experience in the halves it will be Cleary in 7 and Pearce in 6.............

Maloney is a definite option in that regard..... although if they really want to get some experience in the halves it will be Cleary in 7 and Pearce in 6.............
Experience at being a failure that is.

mxlegend99

Referee

Pearce in the team at all guarantees a loss. Cleary would gain more from waiting another year.

moffla

Bench
The whole "Not ready for origin" is a myth.
Throw him in there, give him time to settle in - That's how good players become great

Tommy Smith

Referee
What I like about Cleary is that he does all the basics really well - tackles well, good kicking game, takes on the line, backs up. And he has Cam Smith like coolness.

He's yet to show any Thurston like ball playing genius, but he's only 19 and has plenty of time to take that next step.

But even if he doesn't take that next step into Thurston class he still looks like he'll at least be a Cronk clone level of halfback.

Clifferd

Coach
If NSW are serious next year they'd get rid of flogs like Pearce, Hayne, Fergo and Dugs but we all know they'll be first picked

What I like about Cleary is that he does all the basics really well - tackles well, good kicking game, takes on the line, backs up. And he has Cam Smith like coolness.

He's yet to show any Thurston like ball playing genius, but he's only 19 and has plenty of time to take that next step.

But even if he doesn't take that next step into Thurston class he still looks like he'll at least be a Cronk clone level of halfback.
I do strongly believe he could reach Cronk's class but Thurston's class not so much.