What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lichaa LOL

sandshark

Bench
Reported to be four clubs after him. I hope Daddy is a great salesman because even if he does run the ball for once, his passing needs a shit load of work.

PJ

First Grade
He's a tool.

My nephew last year had a horrendous time with 2 forms of cancer, and we thought he was gone a couple of times.

Anyway on the road to recovery and Starlight arranged for him to go to a Bulldogs training along with his Uncle who is also a massive Bulldogs fan.

Bulldogs staff and players were fantastic apparently with 2 exceptions. I know 1 was a certain ex Sharks player and can't remember the other.

Uncle described them as not just evasive in staying away but to the point of being embarrassingly rude.

King Ben

Juniors
His old man did us a massive favour .

Funny how things pan out.

Robbie Farah also being shopped around. Thankyou Russell Crowe for preventing him from coming to us.

Imagine - we could've had Lichaa last year, Canberra with Ennis..

shadowboxer

First Grade
Not one to read the garb online but saw that and had a good old chuckle. Maybe Newtown is where he should be aiming

He's a tool.

My nephew last year had a horrendous time with 2 forms of cancer, and we thought he was gone a couple of times.

Anyway on the road to recovery and Starlight arranged for him to go to a Bulldogs training along with his Uncle who is also a massive Bulldogs fan.

Bulldogs staff and players were fantastic apparently with 2 exceptions. I know 1 was a certain ex Sharks player and can't remember the other.

Uncle described them as not just evasive in staying away but to the point of being embarrassingly rude.

Sorry to hear about the young bloke mate, hope he's on the mend.

The blokes need to know the game is more than just playing the game these days. They're paid well to give back to the game that they earn a good living off.

I'd have sprayed the merkins away from the young bloke afterward.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Dragons or Newcastle apparently for Lichaa.

I can't see either McInnes or Levi stepping aside for this myth.

He will be nowhere near a first grade team in 2 years.

The best bit of recruitment we ever did and I was extremely pissed off at the time.

Bravo sharks on setting this wanker free

coolumsharkie

Referee
He's a tool.

To be fair, some people can't handle those sorts of things. I struggle to deal with peoples pain in regards to life threatening or terminal diseases. I have a mate who, although we are not really close friends just friends of friends but we like each other anyway, he's got the dreaded terminal C, probably wont see xmas. I find it incredible hard to talk to him, I fear what to say to him when "How ya goin mate?" can mean so much more than just that, if you get what I mean?

I tend to try and avoid him if I can, it's easier (for me) and yes I feel bad about it, I feel like a weak prick even to admit it.

Eion

First Grade
Dragons or Newcastle apparently for Lichaa.

I can't see either McInnes or Levi stepping aside for this myth.

He will be nowhere near a first grade team in 2 years.

The best bit of recruitment we ever did and I was extremely pissed off at the time.

Bravo sharks on setting this wanker free
Oh pleasepleaseplease let it be the dragons.

Quigs

Immortal
To be fair, some people can't handle those sorts of things. I struggle to deal with peoples pain in regards to life threatening or terminal diseases. I have a mate who, although we are not really close friends just friends of friends but we like each other anyway, he's got the dreaded terminal C, probably wont see xmas. I find it incredible hard to talk to him, I fear what to say to him when "How ya goin mate?" can mean so much more than just that, if you get what I mean?

I tend to try and avoid him if I can, it's easier (for me) and yes I feel bad about it, I feel like a weak prick even to admit it.

Cools people have different reactions to what everyday life can dish up.

Unfortunately Cancer is f**king rampant in our world. Everyone knows someone who has had it, lost out to it or is fighting the kent of a thing.

Mate my advice for what it is worth. Just be natural around him. Be like you were before the dreaded diagnosis. Over time I've spoken to several people that had now gone and they usually understand how it effects those around them (friends of friends etc) and most just like to be treated as if they were okay. Treated normally. No bullshit play it straight.

Years ago we had an old workmate who was a real knockabout sort of a bloke who had the Big C and beat it for 9 1/2 years and then it returned and took him out. Towards the end we went to visit him in hospital. The mate with me says "How are you going mate?" and the poor bugger says from his hospital bed with a big laugh. "How am I going." "I'm f**ked, be dead in a month" then he started laughing about it and just told him to not f**king worry about it. He got a 9 1/2 year 2nd chance so he'd had a bit of a win. He was going out laughing.

Then recently we lost a friend who had breast cancer. Her hubby (both good long time friends of mine) was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. I asked her one day how was Jeffo (his nic) was going and she said he was great, but you wouldn't believe it, the Docs have told me I have breast cancer. The poor thing lasted about 1 year after that.

She was a different type, happy healthy and full of life but when the f**king thing took hold of her and the treatment and subsequent body weight loss, well, she didn't want any visitors, just family, towards the end. She wanted people to remember her as she was and not what the C had turned her body into.

I like most have seen too much of f**king Cancer and its effects. Kent of a thing.

Cools my advice, just be Cools when your paths cross again and if you f**k up you f**k up. I bet it won't worry the other poor bloke. He would be more than likely happy to see you again.

Life is too short to worry about what you might say to him.

PJ

First Grade

Yeah, but he doesnt look sick now, and his two younger cousins and the uncle got the same treatment.

Basic feedback at the time was that he and 1 other player thought they were above meeting fans.

Tool.

PJ

First Grade
Sorry to hear about the young bloke mate, hope he's on the mend.

The blokes need to know the game is more than just playing the game these days. They're paid well to give back to the game that they earn a good living off.

I'd have sprayed the merkins away from the young bloke afterward.

Cheers,

He seems to be pretty good now. Got very lucky as they approved him for a trial drug that worked.

Otherwise I think he wouldn't be with us.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Cools people have different reactions to what everyday life can dish up.

Unfortunately Cancer is f**king rampant in our world. Everyone knows someone who has had it, lost out to it or is fighting the kent of a thing.

Mate my advice for what it is worth. Just be natural around him. Be like you were before the dreaded diagnosis. Over time I've spoken to several people that had now gone and they usually understand how it effects those around them (friends of friends etc) and most just like to be treated as if they were okay. Treated normally. No bullshit play it straight.

Years ago we had an old workmate who was a real knockabout sort of a bloke who had the Big C and beat it for 9 1/2 years and then it returned and took him out. Towards the end we went to visit him in hospital. The mate with me says "How are you going mate?" and the poor bugger says from his hospital bed with a big laugh. "How am I going." "I'm f**ked, be dead in a month" then he started laughing about it and just told him to not f**king worry about it. He got a 9 1/2 year 2nd chance so he'd had a bit of a win. He was going out laughing.

Then recently we lost a friend who had breast cancer. Her hubby (both good long time friends of mine) was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. I asked her one day how was Jeffo (his nic) was going and she said he was great, but you wouldn't believe it, the Docs have told me I have breast cancer. The poor thing lasted about 1 year after that.

She was a different type, happy healthy and full of life but when the f**king thing took hold of her and the treatment and subsequent body weight loss, well, she didn't want any visitors, just family, towards the end. She wanted people to remember her as she was and not what the C had turned her body into.

I like most have seen too much of f**king Cancer and its effects. Kent of a thing.

Cools my advice, just be Cools when your paths cross again and if you f**k up you f**k up. I bet it won't worry the other poor bloke. He would be more than likely happy to see you again.

Life is too short to worry about what you might say to him.

Hey Quigs, Thanks mate I needed to hear that. I'd expect nothing less though legend.

carinashark

First Grade
Great post , Cools and Quigs. Life to short. I have a mate in and out of hospital we just talk look at and sometimes walk the beach , like we have always done since we're teens. We just try to keep it normal. Easier for both of us.

Quigs

Immortal
Great post , Cools and Quigs. Life to short. I have a mate in and out of hospital we just talk look at and sometimes walk the beach , like we have always done since we're teens. We just try to keep it normal. Easier for both of us.

Hope you and the mate don't still walk the beach in your dicktoggs. !!! I thought there was a law against that.

Carina I think it has a lot to do with lifes experiences. In my time I have been through too much of it but I realised a long time ago that I was not the only one and it is all part of the game of life. The prick of a thing hits everyone eventually. Normality is the best way to handle dealing with it.

Everyone - patient - family and friends goes through the roller coaster of emotions but you have to decide which way you will or want to handle whatever it throws up. I agree with your assessment. Normal is the way to eventually go. It takes a bit of time to get your thoughts around to what is happening. But my advice is always just be normal

I lost a really good mate probably 18 years ago now. He was one of those blokes that would give a stranger the shirt off his back. The poor bugger, a non smoker who wasn't a pisshead, got diagnosed with a real weird strain of liver cancer. He put up a great long fight but it got him in end. The things we got up to after his diagnosis were things you could write a book about.

I was the last bloke to get him pissed. We used to go down to the pub and just pool a bit of whoop and have turns at having $2 bets on the horses. Just to kill some time. Neither of us had a lot of spare cash. For hours we'd abuse one another for punting on a dud nag we'd pick. I'd drink and he'd just punt. I set the goal that we'd aim for enough winnings to get a carton. (for me) Anyhow there was a horse in one race called "TheLife Of Riley". Guess what the mates sirname was..... yep .... Riley. Anyhow the kent was a rank outsider and it romped in. Nek minute we had a pile of money and couldn't lose. It was one of those golden punt days even for the $2 a bet gang. Well I got nice and pissed and mate decided for good or bad hed have a couple to. The rest was history. We both went home under the weather and had a carton each. He gave his to his old man.

He was that crook he reckoned his hangover lasted a week. He always said it was his own fault and never to happen again. His last pissup he called it.

Carina I hazzard to guess that your walks and chats with your good mate have made you a lot better about a lot of things. Shit like this brings a whole new perspective on life. I'd go so far as to say that it even has a silver lining. It makes you appreciate what you have and what you really need to have.

Health and happiness is a blessing. Some of us don't get that dealt to them.