What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not sold on getting Robbie back. I'd be okay with it for minimal dollars but I wouldn't want him trying to run the team.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Makes you wonder doesnt it......

Maybe, just maybe JT did the right thing.

Yes Shredder,
Be good to know the full story.
He obviously is causing grief because hes not in the starting 13......
That would be burning inside him no end.....

Das Hassler

Bench
Yes and yes he did....i'm pretty sure i'm right in suggesting that Flanagan made it crystal clear who would be running things at the sharks. People learn and my guess would be that there probably wouldnt be the slightest problem now if he ever ended up here. A player clique was a problem for I.C. when he landed there and thats a fact. Team harmony and coach's direction has to trump individual talent....Bennett / Lewis is perhaps another example

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Lean Wests Tigers star Tuimoala Lolohea studies James Tedesco’s fullback blueprint

WESTS Tigers livewire Tuimoala Lolohea has lost six kilos since leaving the Warriors.
Now he’s revealed his plans to drop even more weight in a bid to prepare his body for the added workload needed to excel in the fullback role.

Confirming he’ll claim James Tedesco’s No.1 jersey when the NSW star moves to the Roosters next season, Lolohea, who currently weighs 94 kilos after tipping the scales at 99 when he first arrived at the club, said the weight loss is all part of his plan to transition to fullback.

“I take little tips off Teddy when he plays and trains,” Lolohea told foxsports.com.au.

“He’s been a consistent performer all year. He creates something out of nothing. He’s just a freak. Sometimes I’m standing on the field watching him and I’m like ‘what the?’ there’s probably no one else who can do what he does.

“He follows the ball and gets himself in good position to receive the ball from an offload and that’s when he does his magic.

“Definitely, I know we’ll be different. I’ve set out a goal to come back even lighter for the pre-season. Hopefully I’ll be three or four kilos down.”

Doing extra training and having tweaked his diet, the Kiwi international has transformed his body.

Losing motivation at the Warriors and developing bad habits, the 22-year-old has cut the take away food from his diet and prepares his own meals.

“When I came over here, I came over really heavy,” he said.

“I got a bit complacent and was doing stuff I didn’t usually do … now I feel good.

“I was doing extras – cardio and eating right so that’s helped me a lot. Living on my own has motivated me to cook.

“I have my dinners early. I eat around 5.30 and if I get hungry later I just snack on nuts and that’s helped me a lot. At home it was the opposite. I’d eat late so switching it has helped.”

Playing a utility role at the Warriors, Lolohea was spinning his wheels this season which prompted him to request an early release from his contract.

Since arriving at Concord, he’s found a home in the halves but next year he’ll switch to a role where he’s played 21 of his 63 top grade games.

While he’s played almost every role on offer from hooker, half, wing and centre, it’s fullback which will allow him to best tap into his running game.

“That’s the plan,” he said when asked if he’ll play fullback in 2018.

“It’s all up to me and how bad I really want it.

“If I really want the position I’ll find my way to earn that number one spot.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/fbb30d9a5af649f79dead746df999357

Clifferd

Coach
He's been a great buy for us.

People are also forgetting the time spent he has watching Tedesco train and playing alongside him, some of the experience is invaluable.

I'm confident he'll do a job for us next year. Starting to unlock some of that potential

It would be a massive lol if we got him back for 1 year but Souths had to pay most of his contract. I would honestly take him back. He can mentor Liddle and share hooking duties with him. If there are any issues with both Liddle and MM he can play 80 mins no problem.

I wouldn't. Yeah his exit could have been handled better but there's obviously reasons why he's gone, and I gather money isn't just one of them. You don't bullet one of your best ever players just over cash.

Funny how Souths were happy to take him on heavily subsidised and now that he will be on the full wicket Souths want him gone. Difference is they won't be paying $750K for him to be elsewhere.

I also don't think he'll fit in with IC's model of how a team runs.

super_coach

First Grade
Farah at his peak was very good but still not in Smiths class as the years rolled on he lost his effectiveness, his passing game was stilted and he lost a yard of pace. Although he still was a very good defender and boy would I like to have a no9 again with a kicking game, Farah's kicking game was top shelve stuff most of the time.

Anyway I would like him back in the fold one day but not as a player, he is smart and very hard, probably be a handy bloke to have in your football office although can be a little prickly at times

Tiger Ted

Bench
LoLo will also benefit from the wonderful Hodgo's influence on him & the invaluable advice he will receive re playing at fullback.

I reiterate that I have much more confidence in LoLo succeeding at fullback than I have of Brooks developing a quality kicking & passing game & learning to make the right decision in defence.

Im fed up with Brooks & Nofa continuing to f**k up in the basics re positioning themselves in defence.I don't mention the other imbecile Naquama coz I don't expect this donkey to b playing NRL next yr !!!

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I wouldn't. Yeah his exit could have been handled better but there's obviously reasons why he's gone, and I gather money isn't just one of them. You don't bullet one of your best ever players just over cash.

Funny how Souths were happy to take him on heavily subsidised and now that he will be on the full wicket Souths want him gone. Difference is they won't be paying $750K for him to be elsewhere.

I also don't think he'll fit in with IC's model of how a team runs.

Agree Charly,
Doesnt fit the IC plan.
We have moved on,but although (in my opinion) hes probably better than MM and Liddle is time for a complete rebuild.
Anyway isnt he coming back to Tigers to work as an ambassador when he retires?

Agree Charly,
Doesnt fit the IC plan.
We have moved on,but although (in my opinion) hes probably better than MM and Liddle is time for a complete rebuild.
Anyway isnt he coming back to Tigers to work as an ambassador when he retires?

Allegedly. Given the way he left I cannot fathom how that would work. Pascoe, Go, the board they're all still there. They rubber stamped his exit out of there.

They rubber stamped his exit out of there.
But Pascoe was the one who announced that he may come back,
However Pascoe said there had been discussions over a potential ambassadorial role for Farah, who played in the club's only premiership win in 2005 and is regarded as one of Wests Tigers' favourite sons, when he retires.

"We are looking at a number of options with Robbie, including what role he may play with Wests Tigers once he finishes his playing career," Pascoe said.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/11/23/tigers-consider-ambassador-role-farah

and then Masoud picked up on it earlier this year,
FORMER Wests Tigers star Robbie Farah will return to his old club after a colossal exit last season.

Farah, a 247-game veteran, was booted from the Tigers after being dropped to reserve grade late in 2016. Farah signed with the South Sydney Rabbitohs for the 2017 season, seemingly putting the Tigers out of his mind, but now the 33-year-old will be returning to the inner-west based club.

According to Channel Seven’s Josh Massoud, Farah will rejoin the Tigers in a corporate position after his career on the field ends. Farah will play the role of an ambassador in what is currently understood to be a four-year contract.

Massoud pondered on the decision, poking at the irony of the situation considering the hooker’s exit on bad terms.

“He’ll be mingling with fans and corporates, promoting the sponsors — which is very ironic given the way he was released from the club,” he said.

“(It’s) absolutely amazing, the deal was struck back in 2015 after the Tigers issued an apology for mistreating him. Fast-forward a year and he was released from the club. Somehow, this job was overlooked.”

Farah will take up the position two years after his retirement from the NRL.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...n/news-story/10b4d93b925fbfca4e0d095fdbdbe413

It's all pretty weird to me, I believe that Benji will be there next year to do plenty with sponsors on game day as much as mentoring and then down the track they have Farah join him!!

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary says there's no push to keep Aaron Woods at club
Adam Pengilly
Published:
August 24 2017 - 3:30PM

Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary still harbours concerns about the NRL's year-round contract system, but has distanced the joint venture from actively angling to keep skipper Aaron Woods at the club in the wake of the Bulldogs' salary cap squeeze.

Preparing a much more settled Tigers team during the past month, which has flourished under his guidance, Cleary said "no doubt" the NRL party-poopers had benefited from moving past a storm of early season headlines about their recruitment and retention.

"There's a bit about the uncertainty of the cap this year, but that's our contract system," Cleary said as the Tigers seek to deliver a major blow to the Cowboys' finals hopes at Campbelltown on Friday night. "And I'm a little bit worried about it.

"I spend a lot of time in recruitment and I think that's a bit of an issue in the game. I reckon it's just been more settled around here.

"There was a fair bit going on through the middle of the year and once there was a few things sorted out in terms of recruitment and retention – you guys [media] weren't turning up every day – it sort of settled things down a bit. I think that's probably shown on the field."

The Tigers will farewell Woods and Roosters-bound ace James Tedesco over the next fortnight, despite speculation the club is monitoring its captain's situation at the Bulldogs.

Woods last month declared he might have been convinced to stay at Concord had Cleary arrived at the Tigers earlier and has only had his Bulldogs deal provisionally registered as the NRL waits to see how Canterbury will be compliant with the salary cap.

The NRL and the 16 clubs have agreed to a $9.4 million cap for next year which has been tabled to the Rugby League Players Association.

But Cleary said the Tigers won't be aiming to cash in on a Bulldogs fire sale and keep Woods, which would be an added end-of-season bonus to their improving form.

"We haven't discussed [Woods staying]," Cleary said. "Aaron has made a commitment and as far as I know he aims to honour that and the Bulldogs would be the same.

"Our club was definitely in a recovery mode throughout the middle of the year – we're probably still in it to some extent – but the last couple of months we definitely feel we're getting some traction for the rebuild or reset and that's a credit to the players."

Meanwhile, Woods' front-row partner Tim Grant has signed a one-year deal the Tigers to keep him at the club beyond this season.

"As your career goes on and you come and go through rep football and that sort of stuff you look for different things that stimulate you," Grant said. "For me helping young guys day in, day out, with the little things in their game is what stimulates me to come and do my best every day."

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...keep-aaron-woods-at-club-20170824-gy35se.html