What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best performed new recruit in 2018

Best performed new recruit in 2018

• Packer

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Matalino

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Reynolds

• McQueen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benji

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Tyson Gamble

• Someone else

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Taane Milne

• Mahe Fonua

• Tui Lolohea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
I'm gonna say Matulino will be our surprise. His work ethic even off the ball is amazing. He's pretty much the only shining light in a shit warriors outfit this year

Packer will also be good but I don't think he's the sort of player that can turn a game on its head

Tiger05

First Grade
I picked Matulino but hopefully we get some surprises on the upside next year. Maybe Fonua or Milne will prove themselves as good first graders.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I reckon Reynolds will sprint out of the blocks & his high tempo game & experience will serve to b invaluable for a team with much youth & many new recruits !

My only problem with Reynolds is we've signed him for at least 1 yr to many.4 yrs for a 28 yr old 5/8 who isn't a noted playmaker at top $ is an extremely generous contract.

Tigerm

First Grade
I reckon Reynolds will sprint out of the blocks & his high tempo game & experience will serve to b invaluable for a team with much youth & many new recruits !

My only problem with Reynolds is we've signed him for at least 1 yr to many.4 yrs for a 28 yr old 5/8 who isn't a noted playmaker at top $ is an extremely generous contract.
Probably right, but don't forget, our reputation was that of a basket case, we had to pay overs at the time to secure him, still not sure if we are paying more for the others as well, but it does look like we have spent well. I read IC saying that Woods is a "NO" and we have room for one more big signing, but didn't state who that might be.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Probably right, but don't forget, our reputation was that of a basket case, we had to pay overs at the time to secure him, still not sure if we are paying more for the others as well, but it does look like we have spent well. I read IC saying that Woods is a "NO" and we have room for one more big signing, but didn't state who that might be.
I don't begrudge Reynolds re the inordinate money & support IC with having to pay a premium coz of the appalling negotiating predicament he was in.At least with Reynolds we can rest assured knowing he will bleed for the club with his gritty never say die attitude.He possesses the integrity that was bereft of the oxygen thief & mercenary Blair !!!

It's going to b interesting to c how Benji & Reynolds go together coz it will happen due to Brooks's hammy &/or inability to game manage !!

While I agree exactly with what you're saying at least you can bank on the fact he won't bludge his way through doing sweet f**k all like adam bleah did.

He won't be our saviour but he will provide enthusiasm, dedication, and a good example. He'll probably be more valuable at training and generally being around the team.

It's a team game so I'm hoping they stand out by gelling together as a good team.

If I had to single out 1 player it'd be LOL's at fullback. I know he's already here but next year will almost be like a fresh start. He's grown in confidence the last month. I'm expecting a big season from him.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Reynolds is going to be a dud signing. He might go okay for a season or two but 4 seasons is way too long.

I'm hopeful Tui is the player that kicks on the most because we are weak at fullback.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I think Reynolds is going to be a dud signing. He might go okay for a season or two but 4 seasons is way too long.

I'm hopeful Tui is the player that kicks on the most because we are weak at fullback.

My main concern with Reynolds is the apparent calf injury that keeps springing up.

Jesus between his calf and Brooks' hamstrings we'll be lucky if they play a dozen games together.

Tiger Ted

Bench
My main concern with Reynolds is the apparent calf injury that keeps springing up.

Jesus between his calf and Brooks' hamstrings we'll be lucky if they play a dozen games together.
Looks like our prodigal son will b playing quite a bit of NRL to cover for these 2 chronically wounded halves !

Tiger Woody

Juniors

RR,i was thinking the same thing.
both could spend a bit of time on the sidelines.
But we will have better backup in 2018....no Littlejohn...
Benji could fill in and also hopefully Gamble kills it and keeps his spot.....I have a good feeling about Gamble from what ive read...Plus hes played a few games with Benji at Ipswich.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I'll go Milne. Hasn't got much of mention since signing, but a strong aggressive centre that defends well. Its been a while since we have had legitimate strike power out wide and I am looking forward to seeing It Suli and Milne rip in next year.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Does Tui count? If so then him.

I was thinking more NEW players in 2018
Tui and Twal i didnt include
But if you like him add him to Someone else category

forgot about Milne and the other Fonua actually...so added them and Tui.

Last edited: