What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach (Part Deux)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well our defence is the second worst of all too 8 teams and worse than the Bulldogs. The way we leaked points at the back end of that game could cost us a top 4 spot even if we win next week.

It's improving:

"We can reveal Brad Arthur’s men has been the best defensive team over the past ten weeks; conceding just 99 points at an average of 12.4 per game.

The next best performers are runaway leaders Melbourne, who’ve let in 14.9 points per game over the same period. Parramatta’s relatively diminutive forwards deserve most of the credit – and Arthur will be faced with some tricky choices from next week onwards."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/36817665/7th-tackle-defensive-grit-steels-eels/

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Regarding our defence, probably our worse games defensively over the last 10-12 rounds (I may be wrong) have been against the Knights and tonight against the broncos.

Both times Smith has been our starting fullback.

Wonder if that is a contributing factor ? Fullbacks talk a lot telling players where to go, wonder if Smith is poor in that area?

Also his positioning is pretty average!!

IFR33K

Coach
The post game presser is a rip snorter .... apart from one sentence where BA said we won the game, you'd be hard pressed to believe we won last night .... I love it!!

That's the one of many things I love about BA. He keeps the team grounded and never looks to point the finger (refs). Never over praises the team and always looks to improve them. I love this man. :)

strider

Post Whore
That's the one of many things I love about BA. He keeps the team grounded and never looks to point the finger (refs). Never over praises the team and always looks to improve them. I love this man. :)
Yeah i like that he doesnt publicly use the refs as an excuse ... and i assume he is same with players ... i do hope he gets on the phone and rips archer a new one occaisionally tho

Me on the other hand - i will openly rip and tear f**kin piss poor refereeing ... klein is terrible. I cannot believe he is deemed good enough for the bunker ... i honestly think alot of the younger refs r better than the likes of klein, perenara, cechin

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I like it that BA doesn't blame the refs in public.

But I read an article probably early last year where it was mentioned BA is in regularly contact with the NRL questioning the refs performance, more then most coaches.

Kornstar

Coach

But I read an article probably early last year where it was mentioned BA is in regularly contact with the NRL questioning the refs performance, more then most coaches.

Well it aint working.

I'm glad he doesn't blame the refs in the presser too unless specifically asked he just throws out a "you seen what i seen" or something to that effect to lay the boot in without getting in trouble.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah i like that he doesnt publicly use the refs as an excuse ... and i assume he is same with players ... i do hope he gets on the phone and rips archer a new one occaisionally tho

Me on the other hand - i will openly rip and tear f**kin piss poor refereeing ... klein is terrible. I cannot believe he is deemed good enough for the bunker ... i honestly think alot of the younger refs r better than the likes of klein, perenara, cechin

You can criticize the refs all you like but leave the blonde touchie out of it.

El Diablo

Post Whore

unless you bag them at the presser the f**kers just ignore Archer's private conversations plus i don't trust that merkin either

Latest posts