What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?? G.C. bears for 2017 ??

Can someone from the Nrl tell the bears to f*@k off. The Gold Coast need to stay as the Gold Coast titans. Why the hell would a qld team want a nsw owner? Why would the nrl want more 10k games in Sydney at a oval field? The bears don't have the support that they want everyone to think. The Roosters are taking over the central coast more and more. Manly should increase there footprint and share the central Coast border with the roosters. I feel the only chance north Sydney have now is if they started a team in Adelaide. They can still play a few games at the north Sydney OVAL.

I just wish someone from the Nrl would tell them.

What if the NRL can't find another viable owner?

I don't see anything special about the titans brand that demands it stays.

Diesel

Coach
I still think the Titans should be rebranded as "South Queensland Titans" (similar to the Warriors going fron Auckland to New Zealand)...
I agree with rebranding the Titans as SQ IF the Bears don't buy the club.

If rumours are true, the Warriors are going to revert back to Auckland (if one of the new buyers takes over the club)

If rumours are true, the Warriors are going to revert back to Auckland (if one of the new buyers takes over the club)

I like the idea of the warriors returning to Auckland branding.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
What if the NRL can't find another viable owner?

I don't see anything special about the titans brand that demands it stays.

Not finding a viable owner seems a bit of a stretch. There are reports 3 potential bidders are looking if media reports are true.

Now I agree there isn't anything special about the titans brands but Some Sydney clubs would fall in the same category. The titans brand was chosen after extensive research and they chose the titans. Whether you like the name or prefer the bears, research is research. Now Gold Coast have to stay and not be taken over by a relocation team. Im happy for the name to stay only due to the fact that if it was changed they would be starting over and creating a new identity/brand again. If the new owners come in and freshen the place up and create some good public interest/media publicity I think the titans could rebound.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Aren't your Roosters looking like the team that will take on central coast? Not necessarily a full time move but given the junior effort they're putting in it makes more sense than Manly.

I hope it does happen for the Roosters....

A yearly commitment is better than random new locations every season. And fewer games at SFS should make sydney fans appreciate the games they do get.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Shit idea unless the NRL is planning a second NZ team...

An Auckland v Rest would be a decent divide (hell, if NZ want a local rep contest, like Origin, that would be the best divide IMO).

But if Warriors are NZs only team for the forseeable future, keep them as NZ Warriors

Not finding a viable owner seems a bit of a stretch. There are reports 3 potential bidders are looking if media reports are true.

Now I agree there isn't anything special about the titans brands but Some Sydney clubs would fall in the same category. The titans brand was chosen after extensive research and they chose the titans. Whether you like the name or prefer the bears, research is research. Now Gold Coast have to stay and not be taken over by a relocation team. Im happy for the name to stay only due to the fact that if it was changed they would be starting over and creating a new identity/brand again. If the new owners come in and freshen the place up and create some good public interest/media publicity I think the titans could rebound.

It's a hypothetical.

If the other interested parties don't have enough financial backing, would you be ok with a Bears takeover?

Re the Titans brand. Its not just about it being a pit plastic, it also has no real history. Not because of the length of time but the lack of success. No grand final win or even appearance, no minor premiership. I can't comment on the research that was done but I find it improbable that it was a serious undertaking. Remember they were all set to go with 'Dolphins" but had to pivot after Redcliffe protested.

I hope it does happen for the Roosters....

A yearly commitment is better than random new locations every season. And fewer games at SFS should make sydney fans appreciate the games they do get.

They've been going to the central coast for some years now. Think theure up to their 10th game.

DlEHARD

Juniors
The idea of the Bears taking over is fantasy and would be suicide.

The Titans brand, which I love, goes beyond the logo, the colours symbolise the sun and beach and water and blue skies. That's on point.

Pennies

Juniors
The Titans brand, which I love, goes beyond the logo, the colours symbolise the sun and beach and water and blue skies. That's on point.

Thats fair and good on you for supporting your club.

As someone that doesn't support the Titans I find their nickname a joke. Although I love tits I can't take their name seriously as a NRL club. Nothing wrong with the colours.
I am well aware of the previous name changes and despite that I would change the current name in a heartbeat. In my opinion I think they could have picked a better name from the outset.

Thats fair and good on you for supporting your club.

As someone that doesn't support the Titans I find their nickname a joke. Although I love tits I can't take their name seriously as a NRL club. Nothing wrong with the colours.
I am well aware of the previous name changes and despite that I would change the current name in a heartbeat. In my opinion I think they could have picked a better name from the outset.

They did pick a different name originally, was supposed to be Dolphins.

Which would've suited the colour scheme.

The idea of the Bears taking over is fantasy and would be suicide.

Would it really be suicide if they're the only financially viable bidder?

(Not saying they are, just a hypothetical)

flippikat

Bench
If they do get the Bears name it sorta ties into the old Seagulls colour scheme.

images

Gold-Coast-Seagulls-1994-Trial-Match-Front.jpg

Yep, pretty close.

flippikat

Bench
Yes Redcliffe hold aspirations of joining the NRL.

That's where the NRL could've said "put up or shut up" to Redcliffe.

What if they chose the GC bid, then also said "2 more teams will be added in a few years time - we will take SE-Queensland bids for one of those spots, and interstate/NZ bids for the other", and if Redcliffe DON'T bid then the GC can use Dolphins for a name.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do the bears have the serious amount of money needed to rescue the Titans? Their league clubs are only making around $1mill a year profit, Titans will require much more in the short term.

Latest posts