What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition to save the Titans

BuffaloRules

Coach
It's funny though ... The AFL Swans brand could make the move between the two biggest rivalry cities if not on the planet then surely the Southern Hemisphere..?

I don't mind the idea provided two games max at Norh Sydney....

DlEHARD

Juniors
It's funny though ... The AFL Swans brand could make the move between the two biggest rivalry cities if not on the planet then surely the Southern Hemisphere..?

I don't mind the idea provided two games max at Norh Sydney....

That's because Sydney wasn't an AFL city. For those reasons Norths could relocate to Perth or Adelaide.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Here are the club averages up until Round 24. Source Big League.

Note the SIX NSW clubs below us on crowd averages.

attachment.php

BuffaloRules

Coach
That's because Sydney wasn't an AFL city. For those reasons Norths could relocate to Perth or Adelaide.

Of the various reasons why an NRL team won't work on the GC, in my opinion the teams nickname isnt one of them... They have had 4 already right?

The Bears brand could utlimately prove a positive considering they play a lot of games in Sydney...

My only concern is that this might be a back door way that the Bears think they can move to the CC so this needs to be ruled out...

The Bears need to show they are 100% committed to the GC

Perth Red

Post Whore
And there in lies the problem. The bears are 0% committed to the Gold Coast. The fans and sponsors know this. Good luck selling it to an already disengaged region.

BuffaloRules

Coach
They do own a sizeable Leagues club at Tweed Heads right? I know it's supposedly on the wrong side of the "border" but...

To say they are 0% committed is a bit dishonest...

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Please, they had no interest in GC until it become possible that they could resurrect themselves there. That's not commitment it's opportunism!

DlEHARD

Juniors
Please, they had no interest in GC until it become possible that they could resurrect themselves there. That's not commitment it's opportunism!

And don't forget they were also deathriding the Melbourne Storm too, especially in 2010.

BuffaloRules

Coach

So? Why should they be interested otherwise?

They might have the deepest pockets of any of the other GC bids...why discount them then?

I note you have pivoted quickly from my response to your 0% committed to the GC argument...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Just so I am clear on the argument here... Is it that the Bears will gain control and then move the team?

If this could be prevented in some Charter arrangement with the NRL that the Bears can't move or rebrand the team from the Gold Coast name ( not nickname or colours obviously), would that be acceptable or are there other issues?

King hit

Coach
I saw Phil Economidis has a comment in there

Personally the Titans could fold I don't think many would really miss them despite their fans. The Gold Coast is a sporting graveyard. Every single club that has played there no matter what sport has bombed.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Qld State Govt might miss them building them a brand new now never filled (of late) state of the art stadium 8 years ago...

Why? I don't understand this reasoning at all.

Why is the brand determinant on wether it's a RL city or not? It's not like the titans brand existed before 2007. If they'd chosen a brand that had deep roots in the community or at least in Queensland I might understand.

I saw Phil Economidis has a comment in there

Personally the Titans could fold I don't think many would really miss them despite their fans. The Gold Coast is a sporting graveyard. Every single club that has played there no matter what sport has bombed.

That's why in my view it's time for something different , no more plastic brands like Titians, Suns, Chargers, Giants etc.

Go a more traditional route.

Why wouldn't they take any opportunity? They're committed to restructuring their brand. Seems pretty admirable to me.

NRL can simply safeguard the community by not allowing a move to Sydney or Central Coast. I doubt the other clubs are going to want anymore NSW teams anyway.

Latest posts