What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 First Grade 17

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm glad Naiqama is with us for another year. He was always an attacking weapon so if he can get his defensive issues sorted under Cleary then he could really be pushing for a regular first grade spot.

Problem I see with Fonua/Marsters at right centre is that they are too short to really contest bombs. Maybe I'm wrong though

Tigerm

First Grade
First time in ages I could not tell you what our backline next year will be. We have like 2 players for every posistion now who are first grade standard. Times this year we haven't even had a starting 13 that was first grade standard like the broncos game this year where we had Littlejohn and rankin in the halves.

I think a guy like Suli who will only be 19 next needs a bit of time in the 20s just to get confidence. I think Nofolouma and Marsters to me will be in the starting line up. Milne struggles to make the dragons starting team so I think he will be in reserves.

1. Lolahea
2. Noufaluma
3. Marsters
4. Fonua
5. Naquima

I think Marsters deserves a starting spot based on form over the rest Milne Suli Thompson MWZ Chee Kam can start in reserves cos we have really shit lower grades aswell.

Halves aswell Reynolds, Brooks, Marshall, Gamble and Littlejohn as the 5th option now.

I hope no one's jobs are safe and off season training Ivan can pick a team on form rather then reputation/potential.
Yes, that potential tag nearly destroyed us didn't it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MU you seem to have quite a bit of hope for Thompson as an option. I must admit I haven't followed his ESL career, but based on what I saw for Canterbury he has the Rankins written all over him, but a foot shorter.
he has improved in the ESL, much like Fonua.

However, he will be a depth player.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad Naiqama is with us for another year. He was always an attacking weapon so if he can get his defensive issues sorted under Cleary then he could really be pushing for a regular first grade spot.

Problem I see with Fonua/Marsters at right centre is that they are too short to really contest bombs. Maybe I'm wrong though
Naiqama is tge same height as Fonua. 179cm

Tiger Ted

Bench
he has improved in the ESL, much like Fonua.

However, he will be a depth player.
He will b well down the pecking order probably even below the defence challenged Naquama although he may b a surprise packet & hopefully better than I'm expecting.Our top 5 3/4's are Suli Marsters Nofa Fonua & Milne then there's probably a bit of a gap.I certainly can't c MWZ getting much of an NRL gig unless of course we r heavily whacked with the injury stick to the outside backs.Albeit we r looking good with our stocks in the 3/4's as well as our forwards.

If our halves & Lolo aim up this team could b anything !

Latest posts