What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socceroos 2018 World Cup Qualification Thread

Valheru

Coach
I haven't seen another thread so I thought I would start this one.

A very poor result last night drawing (and lucky not to lose) with Thailand giving them their only point from 5 games thus far.

We currently sit 3rd at the halfway point with 5 games to go. I have watched all 5 games thus far and only the games against Iraq and UAE were decent performances really. I can see us really struggling to qualify and finishing 3rd which means a play off with the other 3rd placed team and then a playoff with South America (I think) should we progress from there.

The good news is we have already travelled to UAE and Saudi Arabia so them 2 at home plus Thailand at home may see us get through in the top 2.

Next fixture is late March away to Iraq who have been playing home fixtures in a number of different countries.

Will need to pretty much win all games going forward, and the best we can afford is a draw against either KSA or Japan. It will be hard to keep up with them if we drop points in more than one game.

Longest camp before any qualifier so far and they dish that shit up, what a farce.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I haven't seen another thread so I thought I would start this one.

A very poor result last night drawing (and lucky not to lose) with Thailand giving them their only point from 5 games thus far.

We currently sit 3rd at the halfway point with 5 games to go. I have watched all 5 games thus far and only the games against Iraq and UAE were decent performances really. I can see us really struggling to qualify and finishing 3rd which means a play off with the other 3rd placed team and then a playoff with South America (I
We will get whooped by South America if we go into a playoff against them.

5th place is currently Chile... 6th place is Argentina...

Jimbo

Immortal
Two more points slipped v Iraq, but a better effort last night. If we don't beat the Saudis in Adelaide we'll be looking at the playoffs

Mong

Post Whore
First 10 it looked like it would be easy.. At the 30 minute mark its quite the opposite looking.

Jimbo

Immortal
Very unconvincing

If we put in a first half like that in Japan we'll get belted

Smack

Coach
Our defence is the worst it has been in recent times. I'm not sure we have the personnel to play Ange's system. I think we should switch to a back 4 with Mile in a holding midfield role sitting in front of the back 4 and Mooy a box to box.

If we make it to the WC, all the opposition will be far superior to us and we will have to sit back and play counter or possession, getting men behind and in support of the ball.

Jimbo

Immortal
UAE did us a favour last night by beating the Saudis. Makes our equation look a lot better

Jimbo

Immortal
A draw tonight and a win against Thailand will do, since the Saudis play Japan next week. But if we win tonight we'll probably win the group

Latest posts