What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
I assume ur picking Marsters in the centres coz he must b in the 17.If not as a centre he is the perfect bench utility.Geez it's good to b spoilt for choice something unprecedented for us.

I just hope our spine perform otherwise we won't gain any benefit from the strength of the rest of our squad !

Honestly I don't know if Marsters makes the team. I think he has competition to retain his centre spot. I think he probably gets first shot in that position and we will see what happens from there.

Shredder

Juniors
The trials will be interesting.

Could field almost completely different teams in each trial - I hope we do to.

Gives us all a chance to see our new recruits in action.

Clifferd

Coach
Just need a classy game breaker , not sure where u get one of them . We give away all the ones we find .

This is where someone in our spine needs to stand up. Brooks, Reynolds, Liddle or lolo

Preferably Brooks seeing as it's his 5th year

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
This is where someone in our spine needs to stand up. Brooks, Reynolds, Liddle or lolo

Preferably Brooks seeing as it's his 5th year
It's absolutely necessary for our spine to aim up or we won't b playing finals footy in '18.Personally I don't rate our spine & it's clearly the major weakness of our much improved squad for '18 !

Tiger Ted

Bench
Lolohea and Suli will be the dudes. Marsters possibly too.

Reynolds has won more a few games for the dogs with clutch plays
I don't want to jinx him but I have a hunch that Lolohea will b a real success at fullback.Suli & Marsters r guns.

I so hope that Brooks finally develops a quality short kicking game & repays IC re the faith IC is showing in him.

As an aside it's nice to c our prodigal son currently doing some good things in the 2nd half v cowboys with a few great kicks & defence on the line.

Clifferd

Coach
Ehhh

I've always thought Moylan was quite overrated

Has 1 good game every 4-5

Still wouldn't complain if we got him though, would we play him in the halves or at fullback?

Shredder

Juniors
Fullback I reckon.

Despite Tui being "offered" the job, the play we had at Watson shows the Ivan wants depth.

Moylan would be the game breaker we are looking for I reckon and if IC who has coached him before wants him that suits me.

Das Hassler

Bench
There are some knarly problems over there right now thats for sure and thw journos ...for want of a better description will eat well next week i'd say

Vic Mackey

Referee
There are some knarly problems over there right now thats for sure and thw journos ...for want of a better description will eat well next week i'd say

Yeah apparently there's a lot of shit going on but no one in the media has the guts to break the story for some reason. Phil Gould must be calling in a lot of favours.

FTR my thoughts on MM are along the same lines as Cliff. If he were to somehow end up here it would be as a fullback and although he is unproven I really think I'd prefer Tui at fullback for our side. I think a running fullback will suit us as opposed to a ball playing one

Tiger Ted

Bench
The best fit for us from the panthers roster is the son of IC followed by daylight !!

Gould would b ecstatic if we were to get MM in the hope that we would hence steer clear of Nathan Cleary.My suggestion to the narcisstic prick Gould is keep dreaming cos the old man wants him at Concord & Penrith will have to pay serious money to outbid the old man !!

if I had any criticism of Teddy it that he would tend to get too involved at times. In other words he was a bit of a hog. He'd often be flat footed when he got the ball. This is only a very small citicism as I wish we still had him nerxt year.

What others have said about Lols being a running fullback I hope happens. I would also like to see him try and run through the guts looking for off loads as well. Teddy hasn't been great at that either.

I think this will help and hope it's the style of play he goes for next year. He always seems to make the first guys miss in one on one situations. He's shown this year when he sees a gap and runs hard and straight he's most effective.

We need a game breaker because the biggest hurdle I think we will have next year is scoring points.

simmo05

Bench
Moylan is the game breaker all you blokes reckon we are missing. I would take him and find a spot. Move reynolds to hooker? Moylan 5/8, then make a play for junior next year and bye bye brooks?

Tigerm

First Grade
Just come through on WT's email, we have signed Robbie Rochow for 2 years.

f**k, he looks a beast.

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of Robbie Rochow for the coming two seasons.

The new deal will see the versatile forward join Wests Tigers from the start of the 2018 season until at least the end of the 2019 season.

Rochow has played 82 first-grade games since making his debut for the Melbourne Storm in 2010 — coming through a Grand Final-winning Holden Cup team before spending two years in the Storm’s first-grade system.

In 2012, the Maitland-born Rochow moved to Newcastle, going on to play 72 games in five years with the Knights, and made his representative debut for Country in 2014.

The East Maitland Griffins junior joined South Sydney for the start of the 2017 season — playing eight games — before re-joining the Storm on a mid-season transfer.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary welcomed Rochow to the Club.

“Robbie is an experienced player who will fit in well with the culture that we’re building here at Wests Tigers,” said Cleary. “We look forward to giving him the opportunity to build on the way he started his career.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe echoed Cleary’s welcome to Rochow, saying that his experience and versatility will be a strong asset for the Club going forward.

“In putting together our 2018 squad we’ve worked hard to bring players to the club who will have an impact both on and off the field and Robbie is another great example of this,” said Pascoe.

Rochow will join Wests Tigers for pre-season training ahead of the 2018 NRL season.

PLAYER PROFILE: ROBBIE ROCHOW

Date of Birth — 22nd August, 1990 (age 27)

Position — Second Row, Lock, Prop

Junior Club — East Maitland Griffins

NRL Debut — Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters, AAMI Park, 14/06/10 (Rd.14)

Previous Clubs — Melbourne (2010-11), Newcastle (2012-16), South Sydney (2017)

Rep. Honours — 1 Game for Country Origin (2014)

Clifferd

Coach
Will pretty much all our nsw cup team have some sort of nrl experience next year? Sorta feels like it