What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Moylan is a far better player than Reynolds/Brooks, however I can't see us changing our spine for next year this late on.
He certainly is a lot better & im quite sure we have the cap money to afford him.Id b inclined to make Reynolds play hooker coz the addition of Moylan at the scrumbase would make us a major threat.

Alternatively another option would b Reynolds & Moylan or Benji & Moylan at the scrumbase & f**k the pathetic Brooks off !!

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The effluent @ Bondi don't have enough halves or fullbacks & they have room under the 20mill cap they spend annually on there roster !!!!

They wont' have any salary cap problems because Moylan, like others not named, will be happy to go there for a few hundred thousand dollars less than he can get anywhere else. The roosters will have some player there that Moylan has always been a fan of that will make him the best ( insert position Moylan wants to play ) ever.

Tiger05

First Grade
f**k who honestly knows these days though, a week is a long time in Rugby League.

He could be foxing because he's got the feelers out, but that is the line I've been given, can only go by what has been said.

These types of comments can change very quickly. Ivan might have money and give him a call and the next thing he has signed.

I think it's unlikely but we've had heaps of signings this year and I reckon we still have money in the bank.

Shredder

Juniors
My back of the envelope sums give us about $750k left with the new $9.2mln cap.

I think someone on the official forum said that Pascoe said we have space for one more "big" signing.

Im happy enough with where we are atm, but someone like Moylan would be icing.

Tiger Ted

Bench

I think someone on the official forum said that Pascoe said we have space for one more "big" signing.

I agree as I worked out roughly 800k remaining for us re the salary cap.It won't surprise if MM ends up @ Concord.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
not being critical, but how do you guys come up with that much left in the cap? I haven't done any sums yet, but I though't we'd be almost used up our cap. I'll have to break out some envelopes and have a crack myself.

Vic Mackey

Referee
not being critical, but how do you guys come up with that much left in the cap? I haven't done any sums yet, but I though't we'd be almost used up our cap. I'll have to break out some envelopes and have a crack myself.

No one knows how much any player is being paid, let alone 28. I think we'd be able to get him cause we (reportedly) offered Conor Watson $600kpa. Plus Penrith would pay some if it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one knows how much any player is being paid, let alone 28. I think we'd be able to get him cause we (reportedly) offered Conor Watson $600kpa. Plus Penrith would pay some if it.
Since then we signed Rochow and Benji and re-signed Eisenhuth.
Given we now have 30 man squads to fit in the cap, I've got us close to 9 million spent.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Since then we signed Rochow and Benji and re-signed Eisenhuth.
Given we now have 30 man squads to fit in the cap, I've got us close to 9 million spent.

Yep but we were going to have to fill those spots anyway and it's not like any of them would have broken the bank.

Maybe we have no chance and tbh I think I'd prefer not to have him. Next few weeks we'll see I guess..

Shredder

Juniors
MU, I used relatively market value rather than "Tigers have to play overs" values.

;)

Given that IC pulled Moses contract and cut Brooks contract, I suspect we are now close at least to relative value.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats fair enough. I based mine on assumptions and hazily remembered media reports

Clifferd

Coach
Well based on Penriths effort last night there's definitely drama at that club. Moylan rumours seem true

magpie_man

Juniors

The salary cap for 2018 is $9.4mil

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did my numbers and I come up with 9 million spent. If we discuss this we may be able to make some changes... thoughts?

Here's my guesses:
Reynolds 850k
Packer 700k
Brooks 550k
Matulino 500k
Lolohea 450k
Suli 450k
McQueen 400k
Taylor 400k
Nofoaluma 400k
Lawrence 350k
Milne 300k
Grant 300k
Aloiai 250k
Sue 250k
Naiqama 250k
Fonua 200k
Thompson 200k
Marshall 200k
Rochow 200k
Chee-Kam 200k
Liddle 200k
McIlwrick 200k
Felise 200k
Lovett 200k
Twal 150k
Watene-Zelezniak 150k
Eisenhuth 150k
Marsters 150k
Gamble 100k
Sironen 100k

Clifferd

Coach
Isn't Reynolds reportedly on 750k?

McQueen 450k
Lolo would be on 300kish

My rough estimate is we've spent 8.6-9mil anyway. Probably enough room to buy 1 more solid nrl first grader if we wanted to or Moylan considering Penrith would pay half...

What about the Bulldogs hooker Michael liicha? Apparently off contract and looks the goods