What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

Danish

Referee
Standard tackling technique with no shoudlwr charge or swinging arm classed as a reckless tackle? Ridiculous.

We'll fight it for sure, and I imagine get it downgraded massively.

Yet another example of the match review panel basing a charge solely off injury rather than the incident itself

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Standard tackling technique with no shoudlwr charge or swinging arm classed as a reckless tackle? Ridiculous.

Yet another example of the match review panel basing a charge solely off injury rather than the incident itself
You are kidding. Shocking tackle.

some11

Referee
Just saw the replay on Fox, what a joke.

And Gallen's deliberate high shot on Shannon Boyd a few weeks ago didn't even warrant a charge apparently.

Glenn

First Grade

Standard tackling technique? Side on leading with the Shoulder is standard now?:rolleyes:

Hard to argue with any of this

Danish

Referee
Standard tackling technique? Side on leading with the Shoulder is standard now?:rolleyes:

Side on leading with the shoulder? I don't know ho which league you've played but "leading with your shoulder" is textbook.

He f**king wrapped him up and took him to ground in a controlled fashion. Absolutely zero reckless about it.

Apparently tackling too hard is a crime now

yobbo84

First Grade
If you're a defender and you're taller than the attacker the onus is on you to get lower. He didn't. The attacker didn't slip, there were no mitigating cirumstances - he just hit him high. Accidentally, but high regardless.

BCH

Juniors
If you're a defender and you're taller than the attacker the onus is on you to get lower. He didn't. The attacker didn't slip, there were no mitigating cirumstances - he just hit him high. Accidentally, but high regardless.

Hence the grading of reckless is incorrect.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

It was a chest high tackle in which his arm bounced up off the ball. The blow to the head was glancing and the concussion most likely caused by the whiplash effect and hitting the ground hard.

AJB1102

First Grade

Well the defender in this one was 6'1" and the attacker 6'4" so that first bit is of no concern here.

Nakubuwai hunched a bit like he was bracing to bounce Tetevano off which meant the shoulder that was aimed at his chest then popped him on the chin.

Shouldn't even be looking at time on the sideline IMO. Good shot gone a bit wrong, penalty sufficient. The injury/concussion suffered by the ball carrier shouldn't count for shit.

Tiger5150

Bench
Didi I hear right that Tetevano was charged with a shoulder charge?

If so I reckon he'll get off. It was a high tackle every day of the week and I'd think grade 1 or 2 careless/reckless but it was NOT a shoulder charge

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Didi I hear right that Tetevano was charged with a shoulder charge?

If so I reckon he'll get off. It was a high tackle every day of the week and I'd think grade 1 or 2 careless/reckless but it was NOT a shoulder charge

You heard wrong.

Grade 3 reckless high tackle.

Latest posts