What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

The Sydney Roosters could be only 240 minutes away from a Grand Final appearance.

All decent rugby league fans eagerly await the return of Daniel Tupou from a groin injury.

papabear

Juniors
JWH needs to regain his form from a couple of years ago.

If he goes hard and Take go hard, so long as mitchell doesn't touch the ball to often they are as good a chance as anyone else in the top 4 (that aren't melbourne)

JWH needs to regain his form from a couple of years ago.

If he goes hard and Take go hard, so long as mitchell doesn't touch the ball to often they are as good a chance as anyone else in the top 4 (that aren't melbourne)

Which Mitchell are you referring to? Mitchell Pearce or Latrell Mitchell?

BTW I checked and there is not only no "Take" at the Roosters, there is no "Take" anywhere in the NRL, among either players, officials, or fans.

John Corey

Juniors
We don't have the discipline to win the comp. It's the same every week. Dumb penalties, no respect for possession, turnover after turnover.
We are lucky our defence is solid and we have players that can get us over the line. But that's not gonna be good enough against the Storm who are the most professional football team I've seen. Their leaders don't put up with ill discipline.

We can beat any of the other teams on our day. Just can't see us beating the Storm unless we pull out a 90% completion rate and great discipline.

Saxon

Bench
Do you mean Sio Siua Taukeiaho, the champion back rower?

Why call him Take? It is confusing.

Because shortening peoples names into nicknames is something we Australians do. It's a sign of mateship and fondness (in a blokey and socially acceptable sort of way). Usually also indicates a level of respect.

Hence;
Darren Lockyer becomes Locky,
Andrew Ettingshausen becomes ET,
James Tedesco becomes Teddy,
and so on.

Interestingly, there is no nickname for Albert Rosenfeld. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:
Because shortening peoples names into nicknames is something we Australians do. It's a sign of mateship and fondness (in a blokey and socially acceptable sort of way). Usually also indicates a level of respect.

Hence;
and so on.

There is: Alby or Rozzy.

super_coach

First Grade
If the Chooks get a leg up from the bloke with whistle like they did against the Gold coast anything is possible

Which Mitchell are you referring to? Mitchell Pearce or Latrell Mitchell?

BTW I checked and there is not only no "Take" at the Roosters, there is no "Take" anywhere in the NRL, among either players, officials, or fans.
I have a friend called Take who lives in Windhoek who supports the Sydney Roosters in the National Rugby League competition in Australia.

You will likely know Windhoek as the capital city of the Republic of Namibia. I remember Namibia for the Solitaire bakery which claims to have the best apple pie in the world. It was good apple pie, but I had driven for hours and I was starving so it's hard to say for sure. Even a service station hotdog would have tasted delicious to me at that stage.

Hence;
and so on.

AdamK

Latest posts