What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pass Mark for 2018

Pass mark is make the finals. A successful year is making week three.

Even being decimated by injuries will not be an excuse, Ivan has built for depth. Top 8 bare minimum.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Not making the Top 8 will be an utter failure.

It's not that difficult to get in there these days and we will have plenty of 1st grade standard players challenging for spots next year.

Week 3 of the finals should be the goal.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Benji did some good things for Broncos tonite.The culture at Brisbane under Sargent Bennett has benefited our prodigal son !

Benji may very well b a surprise pkt for the club where he is a legend next yr ! It won't surprise if he ends up being IC's most astute signing by the end of the '18 season !

I hadn't seen Benji play for ages so I was pleasantly surprised with his performance. Good kicking game, nice passes and the commentators talking about him leading the team around in attack and defense. Definitely a great signing, We won't be losing much if Reynolds is out through injury and Benji replaces him.

If Brooks doesn't fire ( and I think he will with Reynolds guiding him) could Benji slip in to the halfback role?

Shredder

Juniors
I have big hopes for next year, but I, like most of us are sick of being disappointing.

What I want to see by the end of the year is a positive for and against.

If we finish with a plus, it means we should be finals bound, but more importantly will mean we arent getting blown off the park anymore.

Clifferd

Coach
I reckon Marshall has matured into an organising halfback, if you asked me about 6-8 years ago if he could organise a team around the park I would've said hell no.

I think his short stint at the broncos has served him well though

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I reckon Marshall has matured into an organising halfback, if you asked me about 6-8 years ago if he could organise a team around the park I would've said hell no.

I think his short stint at the broncos has served him well though

I agree, I think the Benji coming next year is better than the Benji that left us in 2013.

It would be good if he taught Brooks how to put up a spiraling bomb like he did last night too.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I agree, I think the Benji coming next year is better than the Benji that left us in 2013.

It would be good if he taught Brooks how to put up a spiraling bomb like he did last night too.
I was thinking the same thing while watching Benji last nite.On what Ive seen of both of them this season our prodigal son is ahead of Brooks.Benji's pride & stature @ Concord is going to force Brooks to have to improve markedly to beat Benji for the no.7 jersey in '18 !!

Considering the rubbish that made up our squad this season -Rankin,Lovett,Edwards,etc we have to at least make the 8 next season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, I haven't seen us leak a try 5 mins after or before half time in quite awhile

I remember it used to be tradition
From Rounds 20-25, the Tigers are the 7th best defensive team

Storm have conceded 59
Penrith 92
Roosters 104
Eels 105
Broncos 114
Sharks 118
Tigers 119

Canberra 120
Dragons 123
Cowboys 124
Bulldogs 130
Knights 152
Warriors 170
Souths 178
Manly 191
Titans 202

Tigerm

First Grade

Storm have conceded 59
Penrith 92
Roosters 104
Eels 105
Broncos 114
Sharks 118
Tigers 119

Canberra 120
Dragons 123
Cowboys 124
Bulldogs 130
Knights 152
Warriors 170
Souths 178
Manly 191
Titans 202
They certainly have looked better in defence of late, does show how bad we were going under our previous coach, so hopefully we can improve on this again next year.

Clifferd

Coach

Storm have conceded 59
Penrith 92
Roosters 104
Eels 105
Broncos 114
Sharks 118
Tigers 119

Canberra 120
Dragons 123
Cowboys 124
Bulldogs 130
Knights 152
Warriors 170
Souths 178
Manly 191
Titans 202

That's pretty impressive. We've played 4 top 8 teams during that period too

It also shows how dominant Melbourne are. Look how ahead of the pack they are even so deep into the season

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've scored 118 points too, which is just as impressive consider we've lost more than we've won in that period.

ed612313

Juniors
Pass mark? For any other team its not about obtaining a "pass mark".... The fact anyone thinks that way shows they are a failure already. Just accept mediocrity hey?
So typical of the merged Tigers fans these days.
Do you give a ribbon to yourself every time you manage to get a spoon in your mouth?
Make the 8, then make the 4, then make the GF. Then I'm happy..... Anything less is a failure.

ed612313

Juniors
Benji is looking good - he will put pressure on Brooks & Reynolds and if they don't aim up he can easily step in.
hahahahaha
Love having him back in reserve grade or maybe at best off the bench but he should be nowhere near 1sts. Agree that he should put a little bit of pressure on the others but if he gets anywhere near a walk up start then our team is a failure. Im happy he is back as a depth signing and to help juniors. If he is a staring 1st grader its a laugh and our team is worse off than it was when he last started for us....

Ned Kelly

Juniors
12 wins next year is the minimum...

They should win at least half their games..

I'm going with what a pass mark is...50%.

If we win half our games we should make the top 8.

Remember this is the first year half of the team will be playing for us. It could take a little time to gel and for Cleary to bring out the best in the players.With this in mind I reckon if we are just one or two wins out of the top 8 half way through the comp we will finish in the top 8. From there any thing can happen.