What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Tigers - Finals discussion & predictions

Clifferd

Coach
Well I figured since our season is over and it's officially the off season we should have a little thread to discuss other teams finals chances. I know I'll be watching with keen interest

Storms grand final to lose imo but I feel Roosters, Brisbane and Cronulla can knock em off on their day.

Anyways with that being said who will you guys be bandwagoning? I'm on the panthers but I can't see them getting past the 1st week tbh. If not them then id probably like to see Cronulla go back to back. Can't stand the other teams

magpie4ever

First Grade
Melbourne are over the line unless there is an injury to one of their spine players (cronk, munster, smith, slater).

Their losing opponents will be either Brisbane or Parramatta.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah Melbourne deserve it more than anyone else. Would love to see JAC win it, have huge respect for him and totally out of his control re: leaving us.

On Melbourne, I think they're actually playing entertaining footy this year. Just absolutely blowing teams off the park. They are a step above the pack

In 2012 when they won it they were only beating teams like 12-6 or 14-10 etc and it was so fckin boring but credit to bellyache for changing them around

simmo05

Bench
Melbourne should win it, but so should have parra in 01. We can only hope for a St George like choke. Roosters for me, for reasons stated in another thread. And also if the roosters take it out, it almost garentees they wont win 1 next year when turdesco goes there!

Tiger05

First Grade
As much as ive always hated the Storm they have been the benchmark side all year and it would be a shame to lose it from here. Besides that i love watching JAC carve sides up .

I love watching JAC as well. My 6 yo son watched him last year and he is the only player he knows.

simmo1

First Grade
For the good of Rugby League, I hope the final contains no combination of Roosters, Broncos and Storm.

I've hated Parra and their bandwagoning fans since I was a kid, so I hope they choke too.

Has happy for the Sharks last year, but I'd hate to see a merkin like Gallen go back-to-back.

f**k Manly. They are also in the Roosters/Storm/Broncos category.

So, yeah, hoping for Panthers v Cowboys, unless I'm missing a reason to hate these two as well.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I can confidently predict that the grand final will be
the $$$$$ brown paper bags vs the $$$$$ boats and cars.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard to see the Storm losing.

Can see them facing one of Sharks, Brisbane or Roosters in the big dance.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Storm could lose cronk and slater and id still back them to win the comp. Theyll probably play whoever wins out of roosters/broncos Saturday as they'll have the home prelim.

Can't see the sharks winning 3 tough games straight

Eels will go out in straight sets

Manly are the ones who might surprise. In turbox2, walker, DCE, taupau, korisau they have more game breakers then most. Could see them beating the roosters but not Brisbane or storm

Fully fit cowboys are the only ones who could beat the storm imo but they're shot

BrotherJim05

Bench
No way I'm backing a team outside Sydney. They can all choke on a dozen donkey dicks. Storm should win given their form but it will be hilarious if they go down before the GF due to a career ending injury to Smith.

I'm backing Manly. They have a host of young guns who will likely wear (and already are) a blues jersey and I'm very impressed with their rebuild. I like the Panthers but I want them to crash and burn so IC can raid their players haha

I've never had any legitamite hatred for a player, not even Cameron Smith that f**king Queensland wanker, except for Moses. That little prick f**ked our club over purposefully and caused months of legitimate headaches for us so I hope Parra are knocked out by a cricket score

It's hard to go past Melbourne,but what I find assuming is some of their supporters I know have doubts about them taking out the title,Fu#king harden up and try following a basket case side if you want to know about doubt I say.

super_coach

First Grade
I just admire the Storm and their ability to stay on top or near the top for so long. Every year they loose a few players to other clubs and every year Bellyache finds and devolves players to replace them. It just shows if you have three super stars all you have to do is surround them with athletes and the right attitude and you will be successful.

I hope the Storm win and win well, I see the Chooks and maybe Parra on their day as been the only team with any minimal chance and I hate both of them with a passion

Tiger Ted

Bench
I just admire the Storm and their ability to stay on top or near the top for so long. Every year they loose a few players to other clubs and every year Bellyache finds and devolves players to replace them. It just shows if you have three super stars all you have to do is surround them with athletes and the right attitude and you will be successful.

I hope the Storm win and win well, I see the Chooks and maybe Parra on their day as been the only team with any minimal chance and I hate both of them with a passion
It also greatly assists bellyaches recruitment plans that a moronic dysfunctional club gifts him a superstar super quick winger who scores a try per game !!

Penrith is the only team I can get behind. If they bow out the rest can get f**ked.

The ideal final will be Easts and Melbourne. Can't stand either team but they have been the best two teams all year IMO. Hopefully Easts bring the same game they did last time they met the Storm and push them to the 80th minute.

Clifferd

Coach
It's hard to go past Melbourne,but what I find assuming is some of their supporters I know have doubts about them taking out the title,Fu#king harden up and try following a basket case side if you want to know about doubt I say.

Haha. This Melbourne team is possibly the greatest team of the modern era, only Roosters 13' comes closest

Shortest favourites to ever win a comp this early from a gf, it'd be a massive choke for them to not go on with it

In hind sight, I wouldn't be surprised if the big 3 (slater, Cronk, smith) are putting absolutely everything they've got into making sure they win the premiership seeing as it'll most likely be there last ever chance (or window) to win one.

As much as we hate them, they probably deserve to go out winners...but how good would it be to see them fall at the last hurdle?

Radical Rat

Juniors
I hate them all. So I'm going with the Storm because it's just a default result no one cares about.

They have no fans so the gloating will be at a minimum.

Latest posts