What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
Isn't Reynolds reportedly on 750k?

McQueen 450k
Lolo would be on 300kish

My rough estimate is we've spent 8.6-9mil anyway. Probably enough room to buy 1 more solid nrl first grader if we wanted to or Moylan considering Penrith would pay half...

What about the Bulldogs hooker Michael liicha? Apparently off contract and looks the goods

I think Moylan's class and demand would probably mean Penrith would not have to prop up his contract at another club. I think you would find a few clubs would be willing to pay full fare. I also think that there is a real chance he will be on the move. As for us he would tick a lot of boxes, fullback and goal kicking come to mind, but I am not sure he is the sort of player or should I say personality we want. I also would love to see Tui get first shot at the no1

Perth Tiger

Bench
It is all about cap figures as well, not total salary. I now we are well off with 3rd party sponsors but surely we have a few that would knock of 3-500K from something like MU's list

axl rose

Bench
It is all about cap figures as well, not total salary. I now we are well off with 3rd party sponsors but surely we have a few that would knock of 3-500K from something like MU's list

Does Meriton/Harry Triguboff have anything to do with the club anymore or did he 'abandon' us ?

Moylan would be back to his best under a coach he respects like Cleary. Could be a blessing those ridiculous overs the Knights paid for Connor Watson.

super_coach

First Grade
From the meeting today, Gus has given him some time away from the club to sort out some personal issues, but it seems he doesn't want to go and Penrith want to keep him. So I guess he probably going nowhere, but the door is not completely closed. From where I sit I always like to see talented juniors stick with their original club for their whole career..unlike a few that come to mind over our way

Tiger Ted

Bench
From the meeting today, Gus has given him some time away from the club to sort out some personal issues, but it seems he doesn't want to go and Penrith want to keep him. So I guess he probably going nowhere, but the door is not completely closed. From where I sit I always like to see talented juniors stick with their original club for their whole career..unlike a few that come to mind over our way
It's inconceivable that any other junior leagues could breed the no. of self-entitled ingrates that Balmain & wests have in recent yrs !

My beloved Balmain win 2 Sg ball comps & what the f**k did that spawn !
A lazy son of a Balmain great who is now benefiting the detestable club in the nthern beaches, a dropkick egotistical prick of a nephew of another Balmain great & a gun junior halfback who has been a gargantuan disappointment in the big league !

We do live in different times.The great Balmain sides of the 80's were awash with great juniors who stayed together & refused to b goaded by the bigger money offered by the predatory clubs.

The only superstar Balmain junior that got away was Paul Morris but he was signed by the jets from a phenomenal winning Flegg team at Balmain b4 he played grade !!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does Meriton/Harry Triguboff have anything to do with the club anymore or did he 'abandon' us ?

Moylan would be back to his best under a coach he respects like Cleary. Could be a blessing those ridiculous overs the Knights paid for Connor Watson.
Harry is not allowed to provide TPP as he was a prior sponsor. I believe thats tge rule

Tiger Ted

Bench
Paul.Morris....i was.trying to remember his name just a couple.of days ago....he was a good'n
He was stupendous.A few of my mates played in the Newtown flegg team that lost to Balmain in 1980.They were never concerned about blocker or Benny as much as they were about Morris.He dominated the Flegg comp.He was that good that in '81 as a teenager he was in losing jets GF team to a great parra team.

Sadly his career was cut short due to a no. of ACL ruptures !!

Tiger05

First Grade
Harry is not allowed to provide TPP as he was a prior sponsor. I believe thats tge rule

I am not convinced that this is a factually correct statement. I am 100% convinced that the Tigers could push this with the NRL.

The question is how much money does Harry put up ?

BrotherJim05

Bench
To be honest I hope we keep what is left in the salary cap to front load players contracts. I reckon we have a serious finals chance with the current contracted squad for 2018 and if we front load the players who could easily sink or swim then we are essentially giving ourselves an insurance policy i.e. if they don't perform it won't matter for 2019 as most of their salary was paid out

This strategy also means we can take out time to identify the area we need to strengthen with a marquee signing in 2019 onwards.

Latest posts