What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling Podcasts

Conrad's pretty great. His and Bruce's banter is f**king great he winds him up something chronic. And with Tony, the attempts to get him to confess to cheating on his mrs are brilliant. He got him digging a huge whole on the 'Greed PPV' episode. Yeah I was thinking, whats with the Klondike Bill schtick, whats the story there?

Iafeta

Referee
OMG. Anyone heard Stevie Rays podcast?? Awful. Listened to his review of Bash at the Beach 97. For 10 minutes he argues that he wasn't on the show (he was in a dark match), then for 20 minutes he complained that he wasn't allowed to jog off to the hotel after his match. I literally learnt nothing about the event and heard next to nothing on Hogans turn.

Found two good ones.

The Sultans of Spandex's WCW Podcast and WCWTF. Funny reviews.

Vozzy

Juniors
I like listening to Austin because he has a good voice it's natural and you can tell why he was good at promos he would not need any pre notes he could go out to the ring and stay in tune with a storyline. The problem i have is for example he will discuss monday night raw with someone or a ppv. But first thing he says is. I havent been watching Raw or Smackdown so i dont understand the fued but i loved the match. So he has no background knowledge of what he is talking about.

I like how though he is happy with his career and doesnt need to go back to WWE and take the light off current stars.

Iafeta

Referee
New Blood Rising is another good one. I'm focusing on the WCW season where they focus on Mayhem '99 to the bitter end. The imitation of Bret Hart and their love of Disco and Mayhem Jeff Jarrett make this funny as hell.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Started listening to WrestleCulture (WhatCultures podcast), listeing to the older episodes with the Adams. Great stuff.

Stopped listening to the Ryback podcast a while back, as once Pat Buck left it basically became a long ad for Ryback’s supplements and protein powders.

Flip side, Pat Buck’s new podcast (Pat Buck WrestlePro Show) is definitely worth a listen. It is genuinely interesting, as it comes from the prospective of someone who is running a small independent promotion, training talent, and having a loose affiliation with Impact Wrestling.

Love keeping it 100. Konnan and disco are brilliant

Not so sure about Cyrus and storm. They are funny in patches but also get a bit boring at other times

I’ve listened to Jericho for ages. Still not sure what I think....clearly has a massive ego. Hard not to respect what he does though

Good call on Stevie Ray. Horrible

I didn’t like flair and Bischoff show so happy they both pulled stumps. Too self indulgent

How about kenny bolin? I love him but his shows aren’t as good as they were two years ago. His work with Cornette is tired and he turns in to a fan boy whenever he speaks to someone even remotely famous. His best work is solo when he is ranting about random things. Go listen to his old bolin alleys and who’s slamming who if you can find them

Yes I’m a podcast junkie haha

The JC experience has The Tennessee stud on it this week and he tells a good story about trying to Find a house in Sydney in the 70s

Apparently it was the largest promotion in the world in the 70s? Barnett was running it...did anyone ever see it or go? Before my time unfortunately

The JC experience has The Tennessee stud on it this week and he tells a good story about trying to Find a house in Sydney in the 70s

Apparently it was the largest promotion in the world in the 70s? Barnett was running it...did anyone ever see it or go? Before my time unfortunately
It was a very popular territory, as the paydays were the best in the business globally. The downfall was that Barnett would never promote locals to the top of the card. He did take the name of the the TV show back to the USA, World Championship Wrestling.

Iafeta

Referee
Australia was a hot territory. Jim Barnett liked his boys, but was very well ahead of his time in running a territory. There are a lot of names that were stalwarts here. Mario Milano, Mark Lewin, Brute Bernard they were massive stars here. They were well known publically.

Australia despite being remote from the US still had massive stars that came here. Dr Jerry Graham, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Andre the Giant, Ric Flair, Jack and Jerry Brisco all had tours here. I'm not 100% sure if it was WCW or an another promotion, but there's a video on YouTube of THE Gorgeous George, not an imitation (and there were a lot of them particularly in the LA territory) but GG himself, which is huge because GG was absolutely on another stratosphere. At the time he was on national TV in the US, and his gimmick got massive heat. The effeminate mannerisms, the robe, the use of Pomp and Circumstance as his theme when no one had theme music, having a male valet who would spray the ring and opponent prematch with a perfume, the way he refused to let the ref touch him prematch to check for foreign objects, GG was the master heel. And he was prime time in the US.

There's often thoughts that VKM was the first to really take wrestling big time. But there was wrestling on the Dumont Network which was a US free to air Network. Then there was Georgia Championship Wrestling on TBS. WCW in Australia was as big as them for the time period. What Vince did moreso was pay local networks to carry his shows as opposed to the local territory, when you really didnt go into others territories.

Did you guys see that Pritchard’s podcast is being added to the wwe network? Was announced during WM today. Hope it doesn’t mean it’s gone from MlW. Won’t be the same without swearing and all the innuendo

Did you guys see that Pritchard’s podcast is being added to the wwe network? Was announced during WM today. Hope it doesn’t mean it’s gone from MlW. Won’t be the same without swearing and all the innuendo
Court Bauer & Conrad Thompson have come out saying that the podcast is going nowhere.

And don’t put a T in his name, put one on your back!

Latest posts