What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

mickeylane

Bench
BIG signing just as important as Ben Hunts.. The guy is a born leader and doesn't take a backward step. I think he leads the pack with Vaughan, Frizell, Thompson, SIMMS, JDB all following his lead close by.. Nothing short of a monster pack . Now to sign the gun back w the $800k spare we have.. (Maybe 2 backs)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think they have good backs coming through the ranks unless they can snag Moylan. Remember Cotric has been one of the best and this is only his first season. Maybe Lomax or Sailor can be the Saints equivalent to the Raiders Cotric next season.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
BIG signing just as important as Ben Hunts.. The guy is a born leader and doesn't take a backward step. I think he leads the pack with Vaughan, Frizell, Thompson, SIMMS, JDB all following his lead close by.. Nothing short of a monster pack . Now to sign the gun back w the $800k spare we have.. (Maybe 2 backs)
who's available tho? rona maybe..

getsmarty

Immortal
James Graham signing completed
Thu 7th September, 10:00AM
A A

1504741977454.jpg;pv2260b4de4d2b601f

The St George Illawarra Dragons have advised that the signing of front-rower James Graham has been completed.

Graham will join the club on a three-year deal, following the NRL’s sign off in respect to the provision of all regulatory documentation required from the parties involved.

The England Test representative, Graham, 31, will join the Dragons from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs until at least the end of the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The 2014 Dally M Prop of the Year has played 350 games in his time at the Bulldogs and Super League heavyweights St Helens since his first grade debut in 2003.

Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward was pleased the Dragons' patience paid off with the announcement of Graham's signature.

"It was no secret we were looking for a front-rower but we were prepared to be patient. We are now really pleased to secure James Graham on a three-year contract," Millward said.

"Importantly for the Dragons, we were looking for an experienced front-rower. James has played at the highest level in the NRL and on the international stage for England.

"In addition given his leadership experience, he will be able to continue to support the development of the young forwards in our squad and development systems.

"James will be a great asset on and off the field and we look forward to having him at the Dragons."

Graham's signature is another boost for the Red V following the signing of Ben Hunt earlier in the year.

It the follows the likes of skipper Gareth Widdop, Tyson Frizell, Euan Aitken, Jack de Belin, Paul Vaughan, Tim Lafai, Kurt Mann, Jason Nightingale, Jai Field, Jacob Host, Blake Lawrie, Luciano Leilua and Reece Robson who have extended their arrangements with the Dragons during 2017.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/09/07/james_graham_signing.html

Dragsters

First Grade
Exactly. If used correctly(wishful thinking) you could, depending on the opposition use him off the bench or rest him so as to prolong his season.Against the better packs he could be used as a starting prop to set the the standard or against the weaker packs off the bench after the heat goes out of the game or rest him.

Correct.

Now that it is confirmed that be has signed for THREE years and not two with a third year option in the club's favour, then it is crucial that his number of games and game time is managed perfectly to ensure he is able to be effective over the entire contract period.

This needs to be a major strategy focus for Mary over the off-season, along with improving his use of the bench and interchange as well...

Millward's building an excellent squad. No excuses left for the coach next season.
People want to point the finger at Millward for the faults of the coaching staff.

He has got rid of the dead wood and signed some of the better talent in the NYC aswell as bringing in a good 7 and a prop who can only help develop the younger forwards.

Interesting to note Hutchison, Hind and Dodd may still be part of the squad next year well thats what I was told some maybe opnions have changed.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
People want to point the finger at Millward for the faults of the coaching staff.

He has got rid of the dead wood and signed some of the better talent in the NYC aswell as bringing in a good 7 and a prop who can only help develop the younger forwards.

Interesting to note Hutchison, Hind and Dodd may still be part of the squad next year well thats what I was told some maybe opnions have changed.

Good news coast

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I wouldn't be upset if we did, they did nothing wrong this year, especially Hutch and Dodd who were both injured. Hind is a solid prop and would be a useful back up.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Correct.

Now that it is confirmed that be has signed for THREE years and not two with a third year option in the club's favour, then it is crucial that his number of games and game time is managed perfectly to ensure he is able to be effective over the entire contract period.

This needs to be a major strategy focus for Mary over the off-season, along with improving his use of the bench and interchange as well...

I have a gut felling that Mary won't be conducting the pre-season. My gut is usually right and I hope it doesn't fail me this time.

The rest of the country's NRL community are aware of our current coach's short comings but will only comment to protect their arses and say stuff in a round about way.

Listen to the MMM Monday deadset legends podcast where the radio jock puts the question forward as to the dragons record over the last couple of months in reverse to the start of the season and should jobs have gone then. Would have there been some heads rolled earlier in the season.

I agree with this radio jock and proves that our board is completely clueless to extend MaryNFI a further 2 years based on 7 games into the2017 year.

mickeylane

Bench
If Mary uses the bench well we will be very potent in the forwards.
The Roosters Tonite rotated only 15 players in a semi!! Connor Watson didn't receive a minute..
I don't think we need to carry any backs in the bench - either a 2nd hooker or 4 forwards.. THOMPSON can always move to backline if Any injuries..

Dragsters

First Grade
The Roosters Tonite rotated only 15 players in a semi!! Connor Watson didn't receive a minute..
I don't think we need to carry any backs in the bench - either a 2nd hooker or 4 forwards.. THOMPSON can always move to backline if Any injuries..

Watson came on for Kane Evans with about 10 to go.

Agree tho with Thommo and Mann we can cover just about any position with minimal positional impact.

Last edited:

Bench
I saw a story that Grahman approached the bullgrubs and offered to waive a clause which said that if the cap went up his contract price would increase accordingly in 2018
That was $100,000.00 he offered to waive that
Clause and put the $100k towards an offer for his buddy.
But the tigers blew that by offering Reynolds way more the grubs.
That shows what he is about. He is welcome and he will be great in the big red V

getsmarty

Immortal

Yep and they just got away with it....Also they finished 2nd ..........We finished 9th. Mary should have carried 4 forwards over the last 5-6 rounds. Our pack was busted....Once again he failed.

Dragsters

First Grade
Yep and they just got away with it....Also they finished 2nd ..........We finished 9th. Mary should have carried 4 forwards over the last 5-6 rounds. Our pack was busted....Once again he failed.

Watson did play last night.

Agree re the dragons needing 4 forwards though, especially toward the back end of the season.

Fail Mary...