What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Staff member
While on the subject of competition badges, I miss the days of the special Grand Final badge and hope it returns for this season ... although I doubt it.
The text embroidered on the chest between the NRL and club logos just don't look 'Grand Final special' to me. That's more, in my books, for a special individual honour (1st Grade debut, 100th game, ect).

Given the NRL marketing in the past year or so utilises a golden version of the NRL Telstra Premiership badge (complete with Grand Final 2017 text underneath) and that I've no doubt that clubs can get a set of jerseys made up in a matter of days when required (or manufacturers can make the 4 clubs' jerseys 2 weeks out with only 2 of them being used and the other 2 destroyed I suppose?) with that golden badge.

That said, the NRL logo, and more specifically, the Telstra component, may not want the colours tampered with on the biggest stage, so perhaps there could be a golden background that the NRL logo sits on. Attached are what I mean, using just a couple of examples of what I mean (using just a couple of randomly selected teams featuring in this year's Finals).

Like I said, it won't happen, but I can dream..!GF badge idea Melbourne.jpg GF badge idea Parra.jpg

rabbitohs95

Bench
I like having the competition logo the same colour. If they were to match individual teams, things would get very boring very fast.

Nothing beats when we got the new NRL badge and it was almost neon green and gold
I love that contrast, especially on jerseys like the Roosters or Dragons where it completely stands out it works great.

Personally I'd like to see the NSW teams have a blue variant, the QLD teams with Maroon and the Storm with a navy one, while NZ already have their grey and black one, maybe give Canberra with a blue and gold one. Doesn't work on all fronts though and I'm happy with how it is now, but just a suggestion I suppose.

Saint Doc

Coach
I love that contrast, especially on jerseys like the Roosters or Dragons where it completely stands out it works great.

Personally I'd like to see the NSW teams have a blue variant, the QLD teams with Maroon and the Storm with a navy one, while NZ already have their grey and black one, maybe give Canberra with a blue and gold one. Doesn't work on all fronts though and I'm happy with how it is now, but just a suggestion I suppose.

No no no no no

Club footy and origin are completely different.

What's next, call Cronulla "NSW Blues South". Penrith "NSW Blues West". Newcastle "NSW Blues Hunter" ?

Origin is overbearing as it is.

Zerô

Juniors
While on the subject of competition badges, I miss the days of the special Grand Final badge and hope it returns for this season ... although I doubt it.
The text embroidered on the chest between the NRL and club logos just don't look 'Grand Final special' to me. That's more, in my books, for a special individual honour (1st Grade debut, 100th game, ect).

Given the NRL marketing in the past year or so utilises a golden version of the NRL Telstra Premiership badge (complete with Grand Final 2017 text underneath) and that I've no doubt that clubs can get a set of jerseys made up in a matter of days when required (or manufacturers can make the 4 clubs' jerseys 2 weeks out with only 2 of them being used and the other 2 destroyed I suppose?) with that golden badge.

That said, the NRL logo, and more specifically, the Telstra component, may not want the colours tampered with on the biggest stage, so perhaps there could be a golden background that the NRL logo sits on. Attached are what I mean, using just a couple of examples of what I mean (using just a couple of randomly selected teams featuring in this year's Finals).

Like I said, it won't happen, but I can dream..!View attachment 15241 View attachment 15242

I agree there should be a special GF badge, but it needs to be better executed then in the past with that iron on white patch.

I'd also like to see the premiers wear a special badge the next season like they do in the AFL

some11

Referee
1aGtlSR.gif

King Ben

Juniors

Even more bizarre considering the NRL put a Grand Final badge on the Premiers jerseys despite the teams not wearing them at the actual game.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The iron on patch .. the quickly dodgy chest stitching ..

Why does this happen.. ??

Well jersey manufacturers cannot make special runs of jerseys in 7 days ..

To avoid this the nrl would have to make every jersey of every club during the year with a gf logo properly embroided / printed onto the jersey .. in May or something

This would cost upwards of $60,000 to have this contingency and be able to have a guarantee that both teams on gf day would be able to wear a nice clean jersey with a proper badge..

So a sport that makes $450,000,000 a year in revenue cannot see the benefit in spending $60k to guarantee something like this ..

astonishes me

Pommy

Coach

To avoid this the nrl would have to make every jersey of every club during the year with a gf logo properly embroided / printed onto the jersey .. in May or something

This would cost upwards of $60,000 to have this contingency and be able to have a guarantee that both teams on gf day would be able to wear a nice clean jersey with a proper badge..

So a sport that makes $450,000,000 a year in revenue cannot see the benefit in spending $60k to guarantee something like this ..

astonishes me

$60k on a badge? I would rather $60k went to something useful than a badge that the vast majority won't even notice.

Zerô

Juniors

astonishes me

Or they can have a sublimated logo which can be banged out in less than a week

Danish

Referee
You would think it wouldn't be too much trouble to get orders in for grand final jerseys for the 4 x teams that make the prelims. An order placed once week 2 of the finals is completed would give them 2 weeks to get it done.

Plus the NRL could then sneakily sell off the jerseys of the 2 x losers that didn't wind up actually making the GF as collectors items, or at the very least donate them to charity.

I mean, who wouldn't get a laugh out of seeing some hobo in the street wiping his ass with a Souths 2013 Grand Finalists jersey? And SKD's 2015 Roosters Grand Final jersey would be worth a mint after his infamous intercept pass.... if for no other reason than the bidding war amongst roosters fans who'd be lining up to burn the f**king thing

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/16193/launch-of-new-corporate-branding

imagesource.php

Helps Rebrand National Governing Body

Wales Rugby League have today launched their new corporate branding and a Rugby League super fan living in New Zealand had a major input into its design.

Download the new PDF branding guidelines here

imagesource.php

Wales Rugby League CEO Chris Thair said: "After going public last year with our initial design brief, presentation and intention to rebrand, we had lots of fans and organisations contact us with ideas, however it was the work of Martin Riding, a Brit living in New Zealand that most impressed us all.

"This initial idea still required a lot of development and after 12 months going back and forth, exploring different avenues and making the required changes we have finally reached the finishing line. We are delighted with the results.

"A large number of people have been involved in this process including our main partners My Club Betting whose design team provided imagery ideas to explore. The whole process has been quite humbling because many people including myself have spent days and weeks on this project and the net result is we have rebranded at no cost to the organisation.

"Everyone involved should feel extremely proud however the highest praise should be for Martin Riding, a self-confessed Rugby League nut, living in New Zealand who has helped rebrand a National Governing Body from the other side of the world. We will always be grateful.

"The new branding has a modern look and has meaning due to its symbolic imagery and colours. The logos portray the sport and the nation in an extremely good fashion and offers some consistency that will make us easily recognisable across all our programmes.

"Our success as a governing body is based upon how well we engage with people and we recognise a new brand is only one small part of this very complex jigsaw. The new branding will enable us to engage with others in a better fashion and therefore it will help us to the grow the sport and improve the business; it is these aspects that are our fundamental drivers.

"The rebranding includes a number of new shield logos that will be used on the playing kits of the six national teams and the nine regional teams run directly by Wales Rugby League.

"Fans can be reassured we are keeping the Prince of Wales feathers on the left breast of all our international jerseys and this will continue to be worn with pride. From 2018 there will be a slight adaption to the three Feathers logo as we incorporate WRL XIII into the image as shown in the brand guidelines. In this second launch, planned for early spring, we'll also have full Welsh translations of all of our programme and competition logos."

Here is the new national team logo that will appear in the right breast position of all replica shirts and following the 2017 Rugby League World Cup on all the playing kits of the international teams.

imagesource.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts