What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - User name & Pic

SGMax

Juniors
SG ....St George
Max....its my name but in this case I used it for maximum.
The pic I selected is partly cos I 'm a trekkie but also I would love to have his authority and influence to make some changes that would improve both the NRL and the Dragons. If I was in charge things would be so much better.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Top Thread!

I got my name from working at a major Telco, the role was review weaknesses and devise ways to correct them. Some people resisted and I tore strips off them for being inefficient and resistant to change. I was young, angry and wanted to see the project succeed - it did.

I was dubbed Mr Angry by the staff there. Hell some still don't know my name, only know me as Mr Angry.

My Avatar was one of my favourite toys as a children, plus he looks Angry.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My name is of a champion pacer who won 4 interdominions inc 3 in a row which for those that don't know is trottings version of the Melbourne cup. He was good to me.
As for my picture, being married with children I can relate to poor ol Al Bundy
There was a pacer that I won a lot of money on many many years ago name was Mt Eden a NZ horse....won the interdominion after being last in the back straight....herculean effort....my mother when s9he was alive loved the trots....2 of her favs were Cockey Raider and Lucky Creed....sorry nothing to do with this thread but just thought Id comment on yours

Frank Facer

First Grade
Saint George slayed the mythical Dragon hence Dragonslayer.
Pic was chosen because not only shows St George and the Dragon but also the fact that no matter how big the enemy its the size of the heart and courage that matter.

There was a time when we were called The Slayers or The Dragon Slayers. Later it was changed to The Dragons. I think The Slayers is more appropriate, as St George did slay the dragon.

I see St George, The Dragons and Red and White as our holy trinity.

Haha.
Good thread!
I have often looked at the names/avatars and wondered "what does that mean".
Now I know.

My name:
Like many others before me (I guess), I wanted Happy Dragon.
But that was already taken by HappyDragon on Jubilee.
So I threw in an OLD, as I am OLD
And that was accepted.
Maybe I'm even older than OT.

Some years ago one of my daughters - a St George nut of course - was living in England.
One day she found a box of biscuits, that contained five biscuits shaped like a Dragon and another five shaped like St George holding his shield.
After sending me the box (with biscuits therein) I photographed the illustration on the box, cut out St G and voila!
I had an avatar.
Somewhat like myself - docile and seen better days.
Oh. The biscuits were really nice too.
The club should import them.

Dragsters

First Grade
Yeah nice thread!

We spend a fair amount of time expressing our views on our beloved Dragons to each other so it's cool to get to know a little about each other.

Well I'm Dragsters because I have loved the MIGHTIES for life and I drove a Drag Racing car for over 20 years, the latest of which covered the quarter mile in 6 seconds at around 200mph!

I drive like a nana on the street though, far too dangerous out there!

As for my avatar, well as a kid I loved the Scanlens footy cards and I thought this pic was a beauty.

GO THE MIGHTIES!!!

Last edited:

Qdf

Juniors
There was a pacer that I won a lot of money on many many years ago name was Mt Eden a NZ horse....won the interdominion after being last in the back straight....herculean effort....my mother when s9he was alive loved the trots....2 of her favs were Cockey Raider and Lucky Creed....sorry nothing to do with this thread but just thought Id comment on yours
Yes i witnessed both Cockey Raider & Lucky Creed on many occasions. Mainly Friday nights at Harold Park..great champions..

Qdf

Juniors
Yes i witnessed both Cockey Raider & Lucky Creed on many occasions. Mainly Friday nights at Harold Park..great champions..
Oh & yes, my family lived in hurstville for many years & Poppa Clay worked on a hand load brick truck for my grandad. I've followed The mighty SAINTS since l can remember, so did the whole family ,
Aunties, uncles,cousins, sisters. That's
65yrs..& now i live in Queensland & l'm a Dragons Fan..

ALSGI

Bench
Nice thread LG, good read.
First name Alan and St George Illawarra.
Grew up in Carlton and Kogarah and have been one eyed since the first game I can remember going to in the late 60's at KJO.
Always had a soft spot for Illawarra as I spent most weekends in the gong visiting family who were initially Dragons fans, then they naturally became Illawarra fans and always went to games at the old ground whenever we played there. Moved to the Gong a few years ago so it's a marriage made in heaven as far as I'm concerned (club politics and personalities aside). There are plenty of passionate Dragons fans that grew up as Illawarra fans, that's why I like to make sure the I in SGI is always included.

ALSGI

Bench
Sorry, forgot to mention the avatar.
It's a beautiful statue we saw in Berlin a couple years ago.
It's in the Nikolaiviertel District (middle of the city) right on the Spree River. It was awesome having a meal at one restaurant looking out at this statue. Even better having a beer (or three) in the beer garden opposite with the statue there in all it's might. Photo taken when we were in the middle of our good run in 2015 !!!!

blacksafake

First Grade
All great pacers,I once had the the pleasure(if you call it)of mucking out the stable of Cocky Raider & feeding it.The race Mt Eden won you are talking about was the Miracle Mile in i think 1971 couldn't believe he won that race.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
All great pacers,I once had the the pleasure(if you call it)of mucking out the stable of Cocky Raider & feeding it.The race Mt Eden won you are talking about was the Miracle Mile in i think 1971 couldn't believe he won that race.
Your right mate it was the miracle mile.....I was watching it over a few schooners at the Gymea Trade Union Club......thanks for the heads up ...now I remember it cleary

Latest posts