What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

thebigredv

First Grade
In all honesty Paul McGregor should have resigned after the loss against the Dogs.

If he actually cared about the club he would. Instead, for him, a job's a job. A la Steve Price, he won't go until he's told. Too bad the people running this club are equally only interested in their own wellbeing and that of their mates.

Completely over the disgrace this club has become. Disgusting. Shame on them all. Another scintillating finals series for Dragons fans.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
If he actually cared about the club he would. Instead, for him, a job's a job. A la Steve Price, he won't go until he's told. Too bad the people running this club are equally only interested in their own wellbeing and that of their mates.

Completely over the disgrace this club has become. Disgusting. Shame on them all. Another scintillating finals series for Dragons fans.
Agree.

I am for the first time in my life really struggling to follow a club that has been an integral part of my whole life since dad first took me to kogarah as a boy. The fans bleed red and white and are so loyal and care so much.

We don't get anything in return.

The Board are not transparent and the decisions being made are self serving and quite frankly disgusting. I have said this many times on here. Be men and resign and let a new group rebuild our great club with these 3 simple values:

Integrity, Transparency and Business Acumen.

Crescent dragon

Juniors
The board DRAG ON a simple decision, sack McGregor now.
2 major points with the Dragons this season and moving forward
1/ Mary must go. Daley was shafted from the Blues job, Mary's performances are remarkably similar, lack of creativity, a plan B and respect
2/ The past off season was the most gruelling ever, Lafai in particular promoted on his amazing stamina. We put the team of Pickworth and co up in lights for our amazing start.
Then bang!!
To me the players looked fit but tired and listless. The first 7 rounds Vaughan and co were on a rampage, I thought, these guys are gonna burn out, there's no way they can keep this up.
Injuries came along and the Dragons slid into oblivion.
We must look at this off season and have the team looking and playing the right footy at the right time of the season.
Again, you have to blame the coach for this.

FlameThrower

Bench
1/ Mary must go. Daley was shafted from the Blues job, Mary's performances are remarkably similar, lack of creativity, a plan B and respect
2/ The past off season was the most gruelling ever, Lafai in particular promoted on his amazing stamina. We put the team of Pickworth and co up in lights for our amazing start.
Then bang!!
To me the players looked fit but tired and listless. The first 7 rounds Vaughan and co were on a rampage, I thought, these guys are gonna burn out, there's no way they can keep this up.
We must look at this off season and have the team looking and playing the right footy at the right time of the season.
Then as part of season review, there has to be Lesson learnt? Better use of bench, rotation of younger forwards thru the season. Don't rush back players after injury..Widdop, Aitken, Frizzel, Packer, JDB ended up carrying season long injury. Devise a Plan B and C with playing what is in front of you, versus following a game plan from Round 1. Move up in defence , don't rush in and cover your position..
Finally any player who can't play the ball, kicks out on the full or tries a high risk play early in tackle count should cop $500 fine after 1st warning......

getsmarty

Immortal
Then bang!!

Nothing will happen while Doust continues to endorse the current coach.................

Nothing will happen while Doust continues to endorse the current coach.................

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face ... seems straight forward enough. But a concept that the self preservation society has failed to grasp.

Demetriou was under their nose.. and they all knew it.. so what do we do.. cut him loose.

Whilst the decision to keep McGregor will be proven to be short term pain.... the real long term pain will be when we see Demetriou's star rise into one of the better coaches in the NRL..

I earnestly believe that we would have been a top 5 team this year under his guidance.. and what commercial value would that have meant for the club.

The talent had shown through, there was enough flickers of gold there to know where to mine.

Unfortunately self preservation has given us a iron pyrite and not the promised precious commodity.

Time will tell... but Demetriou will be one that got away. The decision has already cost .. so just keep adding to the ledger from here on in.

getsmarty

Immortal
Don't cut off your nose to spite your face ... seems straight forward enough. But a concept that the self preservation society has failed to grasp.

Demetriou was under their nose.. and they all knew it.. so what do we do.. cut him loose.

Whilst the decision to keep McGregor will be proven to be short term pain.... the real long term pain will be when we see Demetriou's star rise into one of the better coaches in the NRL..

I earnestly believe that we would have been a top 5 team this year under his guidance.. and what commercial value would that have meant for the club.

The talent had shown through, there was enough flickers of gold there to know where to mine.

Unfortunately self preservation has given us a iron pyrite and not the promised precious commodity.

Time will tell... but Demetriou will be one that got away. The decision has already cost .. so just keep adding to the ledger from here on in.

The longer they keep Mary, the more damage there is to undo ....Doust is long past his use-by date....

The club is pedaling backwards and they continue to be stiff - necked and stand by their poor decisions.

Madge won Souths a premiership and they sack him....Our board seem to show no ambition.

Crush

Coach
Its just a job for McGregor. It pays well, better than anything else he could do. Its just a job for all the board, they get paid to do basically nothing.
Its just a job for most of the players, if they lose a game, no dramas, they still make their money. Its really just a job for these guys. Finishing above 10th all their jobs are secure, coach, players, board.
Thats why they play "dragons footy" because its safe and places them mid table every year, they keep their jobs.

Its just a job for McGregor. It pays well, better than anything else he could do. Its just a job for all the board, they get paid to do basically nothing.
Its just a job for most of the players, if they lose a game, no dramas, they still make their money. Its really just a job for these guys. Finishing above 10th all their jobs are secure, coach, players, board.
Thats why they play "dragons footy" because its safe and places them mid table every year, they keep their jobs.

Crush...Well true, but the music will stop one day and these imposters will be left to carry the guilt of destroying the empire.

The NRL and more importantly the Dragons have peaked and are in decline .. expansion and Sydney rationalisation has appeared on the horizon .. and the only possible savior then will be a recent history of success, not mediocrity.

So whilst they are in a comfort zone for now.. rest assured the crown of mediocrity will bring them down.

The only time left for change is now .. Winter is coming as they say and unfortunately this one will be particularly harsh.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

Good post - he was an outsider and from my sources close to the club they didn't like him being so "vocal" about areas the club needed to fix.

It was the same reason Cleary knocked us back - he wanted more control than the club was prepared to give him.

SO instead of picking an external leader who wanted to improve the club and grow we select a compliant sloth with no imagination and no passion who just nods along with a dying bunch of dinosaurs.

We see this in all the absurd decisions the Board make. Don't be too hard on McGregor as he is a Tier 3 coach that the Board should never have promoted into the NRL level. It would be like a CEO promoting the receptionist to be the COO.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
When does that new assistant coach arrive from England.it seems we will have truck load of pommies around the BIG RED VVV. I'm sure widdop and Graham will feel right home anybody know anything about .Richard agar I think that's his name.

This Year?

Immortal
I hope the dumb merkin Mary watched all the finals games this week and looked at himself and sees what his team is missing out on because he makes so many f**king idiotic decisions.