What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

davi

Juniors
Adam Blair last night is why I won't be sorry to see the back of him. A missed tackle on Boyd Cordner that resulted in a try, a unnecessary forced offload that cough the ball up. He was trying hard to gain metres but he just couldn't break the roosters line.

Blair always has a go, but there are too many mistakes in his game.

Spot On

Coach
He didn't get much help from Thaiday when Cordner ran between them but I take your point.

Of more concern is the million dollar no 6 that was very, very quiet last night.

Seems to be a champ in broken play and against shit poor edge defenders.

Diesel

Coach
Are they really upgrades???

Seems to me they cut blokes who don't tackle and replaced them with.... blokes who don't tackle ie Beale and Hiku.
Have you seen the Warriors over the past 5 seasons? A paper bag is an upgrade on some of the boneheads around

davi

Juniors
He didn't get much help from Thaiday when Cordner ran between them but I take your point.

Of more concern is the million dollar no 6 that was very, very quiet last night.

Seems to be a champ in broken play and against shit poor edge defenders.

The hole Milford let Luke Keary run through to score was atrocious. I thought Benji Marshall was better then Wayne Bennett suggested last night. The knock on he did at dummy half did result in a try later on, but some of his bombs and grubber kicks got Brisbane back into the game. His forty/twenty that bamboozled Blake Ferguson was just magic.

blaza88z

Coach
I can see Blair going to the Warriors and channeling what he provided to the Tigers, one of those guys who excels in teams with a winning culture, goes to water when struggling clubs are looking for him to be the leader figure

davi

Juniors
Greg Bird coming back? I certainly hope not, but if I take the emotion out and become objective do I think he could get another contract in the NRL? Probably.

I think for some of those attacking teams who can't defend Bird would be tempting to add to their teams defensive line. I know the Knights were very interested in Bird before he ended up going to Super league.

"GREG Bird is eyeing a return to the NRL next year as his club, the Catalans Dragons. face relegation from the English Super League.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Bird’s manager Chris Orr has started reaching out to Australian clubs in case the Dragons are cut from the top-tier.

Catalans face a relegation playoff if they don’t win their remaining three Super 8s games.

In a further blow, Bird will sit out the rest of the season after copping a four-match ban for a dangerous throw on Halifax winger Ben Heaton last weekend.

Orr will monitor Catalans’ matches closely and will ramp up talks in the NRL if the Dragons don’t make the Super League cut.

“I’m just about to start looking at (NRL) clubs for Greg,” Orr told The Sunday Telegraph.

“If they (Catalans) get relegated to the second division, his contract is finished.

“Depending on what happens, Greg, Brayden Wiliame and Justin Horo will all need homes.”

Bird played in the NRL last season with the Gold Coast and Orr believes the former Test and Origin forward would excel if he returned.

“He is 33 and with the high performance and medical staff at clubs managing loads, it has certainly helped with players playing longer,” he said.

“The clubs are fair more understanding of what is required every week to give their bodies a rest.

“I think you’ll see players playing longer, especially in the forwards.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/be42097e1955add553452be2687ab17e

eagles4eva

First Grade
Not a rumour,... just a hope, prayer, Santa wish list item...

Trent Barrett & Lewis brown exit Manly at season end... Well thats now, freak off you losers

BLN2

Juniors
I thought Manly did reasonably well this year considering the bits and pieces squad they got together last off season? Especially when you have Matai, Stewart and Myles contracts sucking up probably a mill of cap..

Someguy

First Grade
I thought Manly did reasonably well this year considering the bits and pieces squad they got together last off season? Especially when you have Matai, Stewart and Myles contracts sucking up probably a mill of cap..

Performing miracles on sironen and uate, can't see why any manly fan would want Barrett gone

davi

Juniors

In some ways I wouldn't be surprised its Tamou, he hasn't delivered since been given that lucrative contract in my opinion. But I'm pretty sure having extended family in Sydney was the reason he left North Queensland so I would be surprised if he agreed to go to the Warriors. He's got another two years on his deal with Penrith as well.