What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Roster: Gains & Losses

One Warrior

Bench
Current Squad/year contract expires

Ata Hingano 2020
Solomone Kata 2019
Bunty Afoa 2019
David Fusitua 2019
Isaiah Papalii 2019
Shaun Johnson 2019
Etene Nanai 2019
James Gavet 2019
Ligi Sao 2019
Blake Ayshford 2019
Charnze Nicole-Klokstad 2019
Mason Lino 2019
Lewis Soosemea 2019
Joe Vuna 2019
Chris Satae 2019
Isaac Luke 2018
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2018
Simon Mannering 2018
Sam Lisone 2018
Ken Maumalo 2018
Jazz Tevega 2018
Junior Pauga 2018
Zac Santo 2018
Manaia Cherrington 2018
Patrick Sipley 2018
Donovan Briggs 2018

Probable re-signings

Albert Vete 2019
Nathaniel Roache 2018

Losses

Ryan Hoffman
Kieran Foran (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Ben Matulino (West Tigers)
Toafofoa Sipley (Manly Sea Eagles)
Ofahiki Ogden
Charlie Gubb (Canberra Raiders)
Manu Vatuvei (Salford Red Devils)
Matt Allwood
Bureta Faraimo (Hull FC)
Jacob Lillyman (Newcastle Knights)
Bodene Thompson

Gains

Tohu Harris 2021 (Melbourne Storm)
Leivaha Pulu 2020 (Gold Coast Titans)
Gerard Beale 2020 (Cronulla Sharks)
Adam Blair 2020 (Brisbane Broncos)

Probable Gains

Peta Hiku
Matiu Love-Henry

Unknown for 2018

Jordan Pinnock
Matthew Sauni
Tevin Arona
Sam Cook

Please note Vete & Roache I believe have been re-signed, but there has been no official confirmation from the club, Blair and Hiku are most likely signed and will move into gains once confirmed by the club. .

Anybody who has any further info please advise, thanks.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors
I would have Alex Corvo and Cameron George as Gains. Not all about the players in this day and age.

I don't see Eric Watson as a loss either.

Without Watson help we have no Warriors Team in the NRL - Some people forget that fact. Despite whether you like him or not. The man still stuck with us. He deserves a better investment IMHO. Will the Worriers repay anyone back? The Fans? Eric Watson? Volunteers etc

One Warrior

Bench
Official farewells...

20170919_193543-jpg.23874

2017 club award night, Lillyman & Thompson confirmed as leaving the club, they have been moved from unconfirmed to losses for next year in the roster post at the beginning of the thread.

Rich102

Staff member
Wait, there are nine players up there, plus Lolohea, who had already gone. Makes ten.
How many have we signed? 6?

One Warrior

Bench
Wait, there are nine players up there, plus Lolohea, who had already gone. Makes ten.
How many have we signed? 6?
We must of signed another prop, surely they wouldn't release Lillyman unless they knew they had another one secured, as well as Blair that is.

BLN2

Juniors
And Manu, plus the squad is increasing to 30. Harris, Pulu, Beale, Hiku, Love-Henry, Blair. Cherrington and Santo will probably get put in the 30 squad.

Ogden wasn't in the 25, but Foran isn't on that list so cancels out. Tof probably wasn't either.

So 8 in, 10 out currently + 5 new squad spots. Wouldn't be surprised if guys like Tevaga, Bell and Satae take up those 5 new spots.

2 to 3 signings potentially?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Another top young Rugby prospect.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11923634

"He will join the NRL squad at the end of the year, when he has finished school, and will be shoulder to shoulder with some of the world's best rugby league players.

"I'll be training every day with the NRL team and the coaches will decide if I play in the under-20s, the reserve grade or if I get called up into the NRL team."

He prefers to play in the halves or at fullback

One Warrior

Bench
i have updated the roster to reflect Love-Henry as a probable gain, Blair & Hiku already listed as probable gains, will become gains when confirmed by the club.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Another top young Rugby prospect.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11923634

"He will join the NRL squad at the end of the year, when he has finished school, and will be shoulder to shoulder with some of the world's best rugby league players.

"I'll be training every day with the NRL team and the coaches will decide if I play in the under-20s, the reserve grade or if I get called up into the NRL team."

He prefers to play in the halves or at fullback

Apparently him and Nanai are seen as genuine game changing prospects. Wouldn't at all be shocked to see them fast tracked to ISP.

SK wanted to throw Nanai into the Nines tournament this year so he obviously rates Nanai and it wouldn't stun me if he found himself challenging for an NRL wing spot if we get hit by injuries in the outside backs.

jaseg

Juniors
You can probably move Matiu Love-Henry into confirmed signings... dunno if you're looking for Warriors.kiwi confirmation, but SMH (generally more reliable than most outlets) are reporting him as confirmed here:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nd-rower-matui-lovehenry-20170916-gyiqyx.html

That Hayze Perham... I've heard good things about him from rugby circles... one of the best prospect they have, apparently (up there with Etene Nanai). Plays centre as well.

edit:
Apparently him and Nanai are seen as genuine game changing prospects. Wouldn't at all be shocked to see them fast tracked to ISP.

SK wanted to throw Nanai into the Nines tournament this year so he obviously rates Nanai and it wouldn't stun me if he found himself challenging for an NRL wing spot if we get hit by injuries in the outside backs.

Heh... just saw this after (had the old window open for ages) - yeah, obviously I heard the same thing about Perham.

One Warrior

Bench
Adam Blair finally announced, signed to end of 2020.

1507081178293.jpg

The Vodafone Warriors have today officially confirmed Kiwi captain Adam Blair’s signing on a three-year contract from next season.

Boasting a 266-game NRL career, Blair joins an impressive list of Kiwi captains who have played for the club including Dean Bell, Stephen Kearney, Duane Mann, Matthew Ridge, Quentin Pongia, Stacey Jones and Ruben Wiki as well as his long-time New Zealand team-mate Simon Mannering.

“Securing Adam is critical to our quest for much-needed improvement from next year,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“He’s a proven leader on and off the field who sets the kind of example we want all our players to aspire to, the epitome of the professional athlete who demands the highest of standards highlighted by an ultra-competitive attitude.”

Vodafone Warriors head coach Stephen Kearney has worked closely with Blair as Kiwi coach and also as an assistant coach at Melbourne from 2006-2010 and at Brisbane in 2015 and 2016.

“Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL as well as representing his country,” he said.

“He has had a tremendous career and he’s going to be a huge asset for the club as we go about lifting our standards across the board.”

Blair is the Vodafone Warriors’ fourth new signing for 2018 following back rowers Tohu Harris (Melbourne) and Leivaha Pulu (Gold Coast), who were secured earlier in the year, and centre Gerard Beale (Cronulla) last month. Also revealed last month was the signing of renowned strength and conditioning coach Alex Corvo, who has worked with Blair and Kearney at both Melbourne and Brisbane.

Blair has just completed his third consecutive finals campaign with the Broncos since he moved to the Brisbane club in 2015.

He was in Melbourne’s grand final-winning team in 2009, played in the Storm’s beaten grand final sides in 2006 and 2008 and then for the Broncos when they lost the 2015 decider to North Queensland in extra time.

The Whangarei-born Blair has been one of the NRL’s most durable players.

He played all 27 games for the Broncos this year and has averaged 24 games a season in his last 10 campaigns, missing just 15 of a possible 257 games.

He has been ever-present in the Kiwis’ title successes during his 41-Test career, starting at prop in the landmark Rugby League World Cup victory over Australia in 2008 and in the Four Nations successes against the Kangaroos in 2010 and 2014. He also played in the 2006 Tri Nations final and was involved in the Kiwis’ Four Nations campaigns in 2009, 2011 and 2016; the only major tournament he has missed has been the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

Blair is set to lead the Kiwis at this year’s Rugby League World Cup. The New Zealand squad will be named tomorrow.

ADAM BLAIR

Date of Birth: March 20, 1986

Birthplace: Whangarei, New Zealand

Junior Club: Northland Carvers

Position: Prop

Height: 1.88m

Weight: 109kg

Rep Honours: 41 Tests for Kiwis (2006-2017):

Four Nations (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016)

Rugby League World Cup (2008)

Tri Nations (2006)

NRL Debut: Melbourne v Wests Tigers, Leichhardt Oval, April 2, 2006 (Round 4)

NRL Career: 266 appearances (2006-2017):

Melbourne: 121 appearances (2006-2011)

Wests Tigers: 71 appearances (2012-2014)

Brisbane: 74 appearances (2015-2017)

NRL Points: 44 points (11 tries

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/10/04/_signing_blair_confi.html