What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentators punting on games

Are they actually allowed to?

It's ruining games for me. The cheer leading of teams has got to the point of being ridiculous. Last night was the cresecendo....

The peachey call was 50/50 and given it was given a try when it went up it was 100% the right decision

Uate knocked it on - absolutely no doubt

Walker definitely looked offside to me but again, 50:50 at absolute worst

So all this shit with Penrith being given no credit and the commentators insinuating that manly were robbed is a joke. They are on it again this morning on the footy show

Am I missing something?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't know if last night is an example of that. Check the match day thread here, seems to be the common thoughts. It seems like you're just having a tantrum more then anything.

Fittler and Joey are by far the worst of this though, you can tell who they're on every game.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Chambers playing the ball slowly somehow equating to tacklers holding down too long and should be penalised did me....deadset plonker

Gould was insisting that Storm players should be penalised for slow play.

Something that hasn't happened since 1936.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gould dick riding Parra was the best.

"They deserve" a try.

Gould was insisting that Storm players should be penalised for slow play.

Something that hasn't happened since 1936.

Yeah Gould was pretty unbearable. I'd say he wanted melbourne away from Penriths side of the draw.

'The pass was forward but they deserved a try' is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard a commentator say

undertaker

Coach
I distinctly remember Gary Freeman's commentary during Souths vs Cronulla in 2007....dead set felt like he had a punt on the match

'The pass was forward but they deserved a try' is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard a commentator say

Yeah, drives me nuts every time I hear that.

Clifferd

Coach
There's always that team that gets favoured by the commentary team/media each year, this year it's a toss up between Parra and Penrith

some11

Referee
Yeah Phil was shithouse yesterday, just call the game you twat.

"you can feel them building here, everyone get behind them come on!!"
Parra derps
"ooooohhh no! why would you do that!"

Chook Norris

First Grade
If channel 9 implemented a no betting policy on its commentators, a few of them would stop showing up to work.

Actually.... that ain't a bad thing. They need a clean out

simmo1

First Grade
Vossy was on Triple M the other day telling a story about how he had money on Logan Swan FTS in an Anzac game he was calling and lost because of a video ref mistake or some such (can't really remember the details).

Anyway, he prefaced the story by saying "Yes, all commentators bet on games - get over it".

Latest posts