What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Forty20

First Grade
Is that because they changed the rules or did they play enough NYC?

I remember in the mid 2000's when we used to make all the grades finals series it used to get real confusing who was eligible and who wasn't etc.

Not sure mate. I recently asked a couple of blokes that would know and the gist of their answers was that as long as they haven't played any NRL (there are then complications with how much they play there etc) they are eligible for the NYC finals regardless of much ISP they play.

Kornstar

Coach
Not sure mate. I recently asked a couple of blokes that would know and the gist of their answers was that as long as they haven't played any NRL (there are then complications with how much they play there etc) they are eligible for the NYC finals regardless of much ISP they play.

Thanks Forty, wasn't doubting you that's for sure.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The short of it? The Eels belted the Sharks off the park on both sides of the ball. We ran harder and tackled harder for the entire game and it showed on the scoreboard.

The long of it? We played a highly disciplined game and got a bit of love from the referees for once which allowed us to forge ahead.

Our forward pack was immense today. Oregon Kaufusi made at least 3 big defensive plays while on clean up duty, including a huge try saving effort at the end to cut off any hope of an unlikely comeback. Denzal Tonise shifted from hooker to prop before kickoff and troubled the Sharks all day with rugged gains after the initial contact. Sean Keppie came off the bench as a result of the Tonise/Mahoney shuffle and played a nice hand scoring a try. Ray Stone was the other stand out forward through the middle. He had a bad missed tackle in the lead up to the opening try of the game but beyond that he ran hard and just hammered every Shark that came his way.

Salesi Faingaa was equal parts powerful workhorse and deft play maker on the right edge. He set up a gorgeous try for Dane Aukafolau in the second half with a brilliant around-the-corner offload. Speaking of the elder Aukafolau, the Sharks struggled to deal with his sheer physical stature down their left edge. He picked on Kyle Flanagan to score the first try.

Our spine had a pretty indifferent game I reckon funnily enough. Reed Mahoney (pronounced Marney) was the exception here. He played the full 80min and worked the markers over throughout the entire game. We didn't see some of his play-making flair today but he kept us rolling forward. Troy Dargan had a mixed bag. He scored a nice solo try running at the goal line and distributed the ball well either side of the ruck but his kicking options (along with those of Dean Matterson) were largely uninspiring.

The undisputed star of the day was Greg Leleisiuao though. He was everywhere and in everything. We spread the ball early to the right just so he could bully the left edge of the Sharks while he also popped up on our left edge just to wreak that much more havoc. We worked a cute set play on the last tackle in front of the posts to get him over for his first try while he just brushed through his opposite from short range for his second.

We played with defensive intent rarely seen in the NYC I thought. Loads of line speed and some ferocious contact. I thought Luke Burt did quite well to get a middling team into the finals last year and he has done every bit as well in 2017 to get this young team coached up to such a standard.
Come on mate I was expecting a detailed analysis at least :yum:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Mahoney we snitched from dogs. GL from titans and Stone from tigers.Three of our best prospects.
This is a club moving forward. Snooze you loose.

Funny thing is none of them were wanted by their former clubs.

Mahoney was too small, dogs signed Joey Tramontama (Eels 2013 HM winning captain and hooker).GL was said to have a poor attitude off the field. And Stone was said to be too small from the Tigers.

So yeah they were brought in but it wasn't as if they were being used or going to be used this well at their former clubs.