What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SA club protest at poor running of game by NRL

No apologist here.

This is one clu$terfluck that falls squarely on the ARLCs shoulders. It is obvious HQ has dropped the pill big time on this and is ignoring the games development due to all the politics and head office obfuscation.

Nice "I told you so" whinge though old man dry biscuit ECT lol

Travitoh

First Grade
The other clubs have come out and distanced themselves from Souths. Though they do seem to be under the impression that it was to do with the suspended players from which i believe there is actually footage of punches being thrown.

It's frustrating that after the success we had hosting the Roosters and Storm earlier in the season, this story will probably be the first taste of SA rugby league for a lot of people who attended that night. It would help if the NRL genuinely stepped in to help guide the game in SA and assist the SARL because they need help.

ATOWN2

Juniors
The clubs are distancing themselves as Souths have had their license suspended. It looks like SARL will be back down to having only 4 clubs next year...

ATOWN2

Juniors
From 13 a few years ago. Outstanding work NRL!

RIP rugby league in South Australia if NRL SA goes ahead with suspending the Bulldogs or even revoking the clubs license completely. Currently the two major teams in the comp are the Bulldogs and the Roosters. These are the only 2 clubs who have a full compliment of teams throughout all age groups. If the Bulldogs are suspended the junior league will be destroyed as there are literally no other teams for these kids to go play with. It's hard enough retaining kids in league as it is!!!

Travitoh

First Grade
RIP rugby league in South Australia if NRL SA goes ahead with suspending the Bulldogs or even revoking the clubs license completely. Currently the two major teams in the comp are the Bulldogs and the Roosters. These are the only 2 clubs who have a full compliment of teams throughout all age groups. If the Bulldogs are suspended the junior league will be destroyed as there are literally no other teams for these kids to go play with. It's hard enough retaining kids in league as it is!!!

The best hope would be Tigers move back to Mitchell Park and the kids go there? I'm pretty sure the Tigers were relocated due to a lack of juniors anyway?
Personally, i would consider juniors being a school based competition. There seems to be a bit of strength in numbers at school levels and it could help relieve a lot of stress on clubs trying to get junior teams together.
Of course the big issue will be the transition between school footy to senior footy but to be honest, i believe it is most important to get kids interested and playing rugby league.