What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachy try proven to be the correct decision

mave

Coach
The bunker made the correct decision, agreed.
There was insufficient evidence to overturn.

The main point being made is why it went up as a TRY in the first place.

As shown in the sharks cowboys game today, and all season long, any dropped ball invariably gets called as a knock-on.
If Peach does the same play on the halfway line, its called a knock-on every time.

Anyway, it's done and dusted...time to move on.

OldPanther

Coach

As shown in the sharks cowboys game today, and all season long, any dropped ball invariably gets called as a knock-on.
If Peach does the same play on the halfway line, its called a knock-on every time.

The ref clearly thought he saw no touch on his hand otherwise he would've gone the other way.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Better than benefit of the doubt, how sht did that used to be? If video ref can't see then it has to come down to the judgement of the ref, end of.

Chook Norris

First Grade
The decision was correct based on the rules.

The rules are wrong.

Well I think it's more than that. The footage now suggests the decision was correct in all logical universes.

As for the rules being wrong, I don't get why that argument about the ref needing to go up to say "I have no idea" needs to be brought up under this instance. It's likely that the ref had a clear view and saw no knock on in which case he should call what he saw.

If the on ground ref had said he had no idea, we would've spent an additional 10 minutes at the bunker looking at the video. And the bunker would not have made a better decision based on the footage available . Don't people see this is what we had a few years ago with horrendously long reviews ? (Which could be fixed through the referee also providing his view.. ). The system we have is not perfect but it's better than what we had 2-3 years ago.

As an aside, I find that thread to be quite interesting. Whinging about nrl refs is probably the worst compared to any other code. It's inherent in the culture of rugby league. Fans deflect on why they should go to games. And fans also deflect on why it's not their teams fault that they lost but it's the refs's fault.

There is a culture of a lack of responsibility in the NRL

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade

Under what system of using the video ref would it be awarded no try? Under the current system it was a try. If we had a captain's challenge it was a try. If we went with a refs call it was a try. If it went as benefit of the doubt it would be a try. Under no circumstances would it be awarded no try because those on the field thought it was a try

mave

Coach
Under what system of using the video ref would it be awarded no try? Under the current system it was a try. If we had a captain's challenge it was a try. If we went with a refs call it was a try. If it went as benefit of the doubt it would be a try. Under no circumstances would it be awarded no try because those on the field thought it was a try

I'm sorry.
I really can't break it down and make my opinion any simpler for you.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Well I think it's more than that. The footage now suggests the decision was correct in all logical universes.

As for the rules being wrong, I don't get why that argument about the ref needing to go up to say "I have no idea" needs to be brought up under this instance. It's likely that the ref had a clear view and saw no knock on in which case he should call what he saw.

If the on ground ref had said he had no idea, we would've spent an additional 10 minutes at the bunker looking at the video. And the bunker would not have made a better decision based on the footage available . Don't people see this is what we had a few years ago with horrendously long reviews ? (Which could be fixed through the referee also providing his view.. ). The system we have is not perfect but it's better than what we had 2-3 years ago.

As an aside, I find that thread to be quite interesting. Whinging about nrl refs is probably the worst compared to any other code. It's inherent in the culture of rugby league. Fans deflect on why they should go to games. And fans also deflect on why it's not their teams fault that they lost but it's the refs's fault.

There is a culture of a lack of responsibility in the NRL

While I don't disagree with you, you seem to have made a connection that's not there with my post.

I'm not arguing about the video ref process being wrong, what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be a rule where that play is not considered a knock on to begin with.

That should be a knock on every time regardless of the video ref process.

Chook Norris

First Grade
While I don't disagree with you, you seem to have made a connection that's not there with my post.

I'm not arguing about the video ref process being wrong, what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be a rule where that play is not considered a knock on to begin with.

My mistake, can see the frustration with the rule

soc123_au

Staff member

It has to be the hand or arm propelling the ball forward to be a knock on. That didnt happen as proven in the video.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It has to be the hand or arm propelling the ball forward to be a knock on. That didnt happen as proven in the video.

Lol what is it with people tonight?

You're arguing against a point I didn't make.

I already said according to the rules it was a try, but the rules are wrong and defy basic logic.

The ball should not be allowed to be propelled forward by the chest and have it as play on other than a genuine charge down which that wasn't as Peachey was clearly attempting to catch the ball and was just fortunate his hand didn't touch it before his chest.

soc123_au

Staff member
Lol what is it with people tonight?

You're arguing against a point I didn't make.

I already said according to the rules it was a try, but the rules are wrong and defy basic logic.

The ball should not be allowed to be propelled forward by the chest and have it as play on other than a genuine charge down which that wasn't as Peachey was clearly attempting to catch the ball and was just fortunate his hand didn't touch it before his chest.
Too much white noise from the mongs that still claim he touched it. The rule has been the same since day one, for the amount of time it happens I cant see it up for change any time soon. The ones that piss me off are the clear knock backs that are called knock ons.

Latest posts