What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentators punting on games

whall15

Coach
Gus wouldn't be gambling on games because of his involvement with Penrith. Fittler mightn't be allowed to either because of his involvement with City Origin depending on what the rules are.

Glen

Bench
I think Gus is just more of a cheerleader for the teams he likes. He always pumps up Parra when they are doing well. In fact, I think he just likes Sydney teams and non-super league teams better in general

some11

Referee
Fox team has money on the Cowboys.

Actually Roach doesn't, when he's the only one making sense that confirms it.

This Year?

Immortal
You'd think commentators would be impartial but I can't think of even one that isn't which is a sad advertisement for the game from a broadcasting point of view. It's muddies the facts of a game and makes refs look worse as well. It's contrary conduct towards the sport they are making money from.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I remember a few seasons ago coops scored an absolute miracle try in the dieing seconds that involbed a deflection and 3 or 4 kicks ahead after each other and generally pulled it straight out of their ass that left johns absolutely filthy (game was already won so must pushed it over the 1-12 margin or something like that). Next day on the Sunday footy show was still filthy, must have been a solid punt

Someguy

First Grade
Who cares, doesn't affect the result

Turn the sound down

Sadly it did affect result until the bunker was introduced. Channel 9 controlled what the video ref would see. Commentators would cry out for a replay of a call that went against their team or distract and rabble on about something else when a 50/50 went for their team.

big hit!

Bench
Who cares, doesn't affect the result

Turn the sound down

what the f**k does this mean? what we should just sit there watching moving pictures without audio.

the games are resembling a charlie chaplin movie, so probably apt.

be professional commentators and call what the f**k is going on, not biased opinions. if i want that, i'll come onto LU

TheVelourFog

First Grade
what the f**k does this mean? what we should just sit there watching moving pictures without audio.

the games are resembling a charlie chaplin movie, so probably apt.

be professional commentators and call what the f**k is going on, not biased opinions. if i want that, i'll come onto LU

It means what it says

Turn the radio on

Card Shark

Immortal
The worst part about the commentators betting on a team (or favouring them for whatever reason), is they called the game in a biased fashion, not exactly how things are happening.

Latest posts