What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

roofromoz

First Grade
I wouldn't call it mundane, but I worked with Charlie Saab for a few years. Great guy.

More mundane though was a minor road rage incident with Kane Cleal on one of those narrow streets at the back of Brookvale Oval years ago. Claimed he had right of way judging by his one finger salute to me.

roofromoz

First Grade
Billy Moore hit on my missus in the early nineties

I was out in Townsville after a warriors game (this was mid nineties when John kirwan played for them) at bullwinkles

The lads were shitfaced

stacey jones was dancing/pashing on with this fuller figured lady of Italian descent

While on the topic on who hit on who, my wife claimed that she was hit on by Trevor Gillmeister whilst she was holidaying on the Gold Coast. It was before we met, probably around the late 90s.

DeeJ

Bench
Justin Hodges when he just came back to Bris next to me at Subway. He was looking at me as if wanting to be recognised but I hated him at the time lol. I thought he was quite tall but fairy small for a footballer. Also saw him 5 years later having a darb at South Bank.

Leon Bott on the bus to uni - his calves were the size of my thighs

Clinton Shifcofske (?) also at uni, he also had massive calves

Not a player but I saw Lincoln Lewis trying on shoes at a store yesterday.

Incorrect

Coach
Back in the late 90's I was at a mate's birthday party at some pub in King's Cross. He knew Jimmy Dymock and Soloman Haumono and they were there too. Also, Jacin Sinclair was there from memory...

It was probably the first pub I'd been to where they gave you your change on those little plates, with the subtle message to leave a tip.... I was watching Dymock and I noticed he wasn't leaving any tips, so I thought, if that merkin who was getting paid a king's ransom during the ARL/Super League war isn't leaving a tip then I sure as shit ain't going to leave one!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
if that merkin who was getting paid a king's ransom during the ARL/Super League war
the big 3 plus that other f**ker IBM has never heard of were getting a heap from the ARL and Parra

Reservoir Dogs makes an excellent argument on why you shouldn't tip

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Luke Priddis came to our house once. He is a Catholic and his child was in the same group as my youngest sister preparing for their Confirmation.

I don't think you can get much more mundane than that.
You sir, win the Trophy for Mundaneness hands down!

Coming to think of it, is mundaneness a word?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
While living in Bundaberg a few years back...

Had many a beer with Ken Nagas at the Western Suburbs Leagues Club. Top bloke and very quiet.

Chris Sandow decided to stand next to me at Slater Oval while watch his brother play Q-Cup for the Seagulls. I would have had to bend over to rest my chin on his head. Shortest first grader I've seen since Johnny Kolc of the Eels.

At the same game, Dave Taylor huffed and puffed his way through the first ten minutes before staggering off. He staggered past me just before half time to return to the field. I expected some giant but quite short. It was his bulk that surprised me - a taller version of Les Boyd in build.

Sphagnum

Coach
Saw hindmarsh and cayless at the ettamogah one night having dinner. Hindmarsh walked past with two big plates of food and I watched him sit down and demolish them both

Must have been a cheat day.

Diesel

Coach
Saw Shane Webcke and a few other Broncos staggering around Seven Hills area a day or two after the GF win in 2006. Was about 7am on my way to work

axl rose

Bench
Hindmarsh walked past with two big plates of food and I watched him sit down and demolish them both
Sat with the Parra players for a trial at Carrara during the pre-game. Paul Green and a few others were putting shit on Hindmarsh about his eating/fat ass and teasing him for being 'Smithys' pet

Latest posts