What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You'll float too

f**king loved it

Incredible with a number of surprises

As for the book that's a brilliant book, I'd almost call it a reimagining but in no way to a detriment and it keeps true to the story

Storm13

Juniors
9/10 movie for mine.

Was an excellent retelling of the story and my mate will never forgive me for dragging him along and being scared shitless.

Their were a couple of things I wish were better dealt with but can't complain too much.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Nothing could ever come close to the book to begin with so it's a valid statement.
I've never read it so can't compare, I remember watching the mini series on tv probably 20 years ago so I'm happy to be going in fresh

9/10 movie for mine.

Was an excellent retelling of the story and my mate will never forgive me for dragging him along and being scared shitless.

Their were a couple of things I wish were better dealt with but can't complain too much.
I got jump scared once during the movie, i thought the scene was over but f**k me it kicked me in the dick

My gf came along and didn't find it scary and never even copped the jump scare

It's a experience that's for sure

Storm13

Juniors
I got jump scared once during the movie, i thought the scene was over but f**k me it kicked me in the dick

My gf came along and didn't find it scary and never even copped the jump scare

It's a experience that's for sure

The scene in where Georgie is in the basement was such a great scene, especially how you get to see Pennywise control Georgie.

The scene in where Georgie is in the basement was such a great scene, especially how you get to see Pennywise control Georgie.
The look of Georgie in that scene is f**king haunting

I'm desperately avoiding spoiling any scene but f**k me Georgie was brilliant for all of his scenes

I really hope there's a directors cut when it hits the home market

I hope it thrashes all records too

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah watched It yesterday as well. As one of the generation that was freaked out by the mini series as an impressionable youngster I thought this did both that and the book justice.

Not perfect but entertaining. Loved the general conversations with all the kids, especially Richie's gutter mouth hah.

HIYA GEORGIE!!!!

Generalzod

Immortal
My daughter watched last night at Cronulla cinema she told me it was one hell of a frightening movie can't wait to see it.

Very good, but gee some people are overselling it.

Surprised how non scary it was. Creepy though
Yeah i wasn't overly scared other than jump scared in a replacement scene from the original, i thought that scene had ended and bam surprise motherf**ker

beave

Coach
I think this movie has also been massively over rated. The trailers showed all the half decent parts of the movie tbh.

Sometimes I had to remind myself I was watching 'IT' and not 'Stand By Me'.........

PJ

First Grade
Beave they are similar.

Kings stories are at the top of horror not because of theme, gore or scares but becuase he is a master of developing characters you care about and relate to no matter how absurb the situation is.

It is over rated, but still very good becuase they let the characters grow.

Completely agree on trailers.was there a pennywise scene that wasnt in a promotion?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think this movie has also been massively over rated. The trailers showed all the half decent parts of the movie tbh.

Sometimes I had to remind myself I was watching 'IT' and not 'Stand By Me'.........

Funny a couple of my friends who are chicks watched this over the weekend and said the exact same thing. Also said in general it was really lame movie and left half way through! and they weren't the only ones.

To be fair I don't really take much notice of their opinion, but after reading what you have said maybe they weren't completely off the mark.

Funny a couple of my friends who are chicks watched this over the weekend and said the exact same thing. Also said in general it was really lame movie and left half way through! and they weren't the only ones.

To be fair I don't really take much notice of their opinion, but after reading what you have said maybe they weren't completely off the mark.
Very high score in RT

Some people don't like horror with character development

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My sister has a severe case of Coulrophobia.
She was always suspect of clowns, then some said watch "IT", that will help. She could not finish it and no joke absolutely freaks out if a clown is anywhere near her, deadset, screams and runs away and shakes uncontrollably for a couple of hours.
It used to be funny, but now I just feel for her, it is totally irrational, yet very, very real for her.
I will watch it, I liked the first one I saw.

TiggaPlease

Except that "Stand by me" was actually a good movie.

IT wasn't scary at all, and is aimed at the under 15 year old market I'd say.

I can't give it more than 5/10.