What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Week 1 Finals games (Non Parra)

Bazal

Post Whore
People only hate great players... And Gallen is that. How old is he now and still producing?

What's that got to do with anything? It's not about how many metres he makes, it's about how he consistently puts himself in positions he shouldn't be involved in as a player.

He's a great bash and barge middle forward. He's also woeful at just about anything else and seems to think that he's a match winner who should be heavily involved in the opposing red zone....news flash, he is not and he should not be.

He's also a drug cheat

The run in question was either sheer, unadulterated idiocy (quite likely given it was Gallen) or total arrogance (just as likely given it was Gallen). He and hos coach sat there and blamed the refs for a correct call, he was reaching for the line and the defenders had every right to put their hands on the ball. If he had got the f**k out of the way and let Maloney take the shot there's no issue, but that isn't the Gallen way. That's the point, it's nothing to do with his output.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With the defence sweating on the field goal kicker it's a decent play to use him as a decoy and go for the try. Nobody's to say the field goal would have gone over (statistically we know it probably wouldn't) and nobody's to say there was no chance of a try (though again, it probably wouldn't). A quick play-the-ball after Gallen's run though was a big chance of drawing a penalty. Unfortunately he lost the ball.

I thought we were shafted against the Storm (not in any particular 'moment' but just receiving only one penalty in that second half) but I thought the Sharks were shafted worse than us. Not that I mind - I wanted the Cowboys to win.

Bazal

Post Whore
With the defence sweating on the field goal kicker it's a decent play to use him as a decoy and go for the try. Nobody's to say the field goal would have gone over (statistically we know it probably wouldn't) and nobody's to say there was no chance of a try (though again, it probably wouldn't). A quick play-the-ball after Gallen's run though was a big chance of drawing a penalty. Unfortunately he lost the ball.

I thought we were shafted against the Storm (not in any particular 'moment' but just receiving only one penalty in that second half) but I thought the Sharks were shafted worse than us. Not that I mind - I wanted the Cowboys to win.

What's a higher percentage play? Gallen trying to barge over or Maloney, set almost perfectly and too far for the defence to reach him, kicking the field goal?

It was a dumb play.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
What's a higher percentage play? Gallen trying to barge over or Maloney, set almost perfectly and too far for the defence to reach him, kicking the field goal?

It was a dumb play.
Agreed. Maloney isn't missing a field goal from 12 metres out. Thanks Gals ya merkin.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sharks definitely got some dud calls ... though not as many as flanagan is claiming

Flanagan deserves a fine, but I also think Todd Greenberg's statement today was a joke.

The truth, realistically, is in the middle IMO. We do blame referees too often, but they are also quite poor at the moment and you should be allowed to comment on that. And referees should be accountable for their mistakes.

Greenberg sounded like a cross school principal trying to overawe his students.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gallen misses by an inch.
No field goal is easy.
Sharks had some lucky calls early in game.
Both tries come of odd calls

Latest posts