What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Front-Rower

First Grade
Haha!! You made a point of Gallen diving when lots of players do.

Then I pointed out your hypocrisy of when your beloved Tigers did the same thing.

You can't milk that penalty.

Opposition players have to be pulling at the ball.

They were.

Maybe bogan English is more your style.

If ya gunna push the limits and ya take an advantage from it and get ya self a favorable results and gloat bout it, don't moan like a pussy like when it backfires ok

isaiah

Bench
Just all fans
Penrith and parra ( not sure if possible) would be the one.
After seeing how few storm fans showed up last year it'd be a great even crowd.
Cowboys and broncos are dead in the water.
Surely nobody wants to watch two Sydney teams in the gf. Game would be rubbish.

King hit

Coach
Apollo JT come out and basically bagged intergrity of the game 4 years ago, nothing happened to JT wasn't even fined, Flanagan does the same thing and he is fined, It's the double standards that fans don't like.

There are rules for Thurston and Smith and rules for the rest of the competition

King hit

Coach
Surely nobody wants to watch two Sydney teams in the gf. Game would be rubbish.

The NRL's dream grand final has the Broncos or Cowboys involved as Queenslanders tune out when there are no QLD teams playing. I meet a guy in the leagues club who worked in media and told me this.

And the GF is a success no matter who is playing

Frailty

First Grade
Flanagan's rant was full of passion and frustration that was overboard.
Greenberg's response showed a clear case of head in the sand that has been the NRL M.O. for years now.

The fact of the matter is this: Does anyone think that Ashley Klein should be in charge of a Finals game, let alone be the lead referee? Does anyone think that Klein or Cummins is a good referee?

moffla

Bench
Just all fans
Penrith and parra ( not sure if possible) would be the one.
After seeing how few storm fans showed up last year it'd be a great even crowd.
Cowboys and broncos are dead in the water.
Cost the average person $750 last year, given the price hike for AFL/NRL Grand Final weekend. To even get the number we did was pretty remarkable. Most expensive sporting match I've ever done in this country

carcharias

Immortal
Cost the average person $750 last year, given the price hike for AFL/NRL Grand Final weekend. To even get the number we did was pretty remarkable. Most expensive sporting match I've ever done in this country

I'm not doubting that.
I just think 2 Sydney teams would be a more even match up in crowd numbers.
There were parts of the grand final where it was almost silent.

isaiah

Bench
haha can you imagine if some nobody nrl player said this
100% Thurston, just so funny to see manly and sharks being on the wrong end of some 50/50 calls and ending their seasons. Something about going around and coming around?

butchmcdick

Immortal
haha can you imagine if some nobody nrl player said this

Won't somebody think of the children

I mean your whole argument seems to be sure flanno was whinging but not as much as this bloke

I seem to recall howls of outrage from sharks fans at the mere suggestion that refereeing decisions influenced the outcome in 2013

Suddenly things are all turned around when it's the sharks who feel aggrieved

Eion

First Grade
Won't somebody think of the children

I mean your whole argument seems to be sure flanno was whinging but not as much as this bloke

I seem to recall howls of outrage from sharks fans at the mere suggestion that refereeing decisions influenced the outcome in 2013

Suddenly things are all turned around when it's the sharks who feel aggrieved
Greenberg annoys me more than any ref did.

dannyt

Coach
I thought JT's comments 4 years ago deserved to punished- NRL head in the sand as usual.

Flanno had a good, premeditated rant. I thought he got some of his 'facts' wrong, but he knew he would be copping a fine and accepted it. The NRL is threatening a large fine because it was so obviously premeditated.

Can they do this? I honestly don't know what the rules are regarding commenting on the refs. However, you would expect clubs and officials to know what they are risking when they plan a massive spray at refereeing performances in the post-match presser.

papabear

Juniors
I thought Greenberg was spot on.

I am no Greenberg fan, but I think PK on nrl 360 and greenberg have hit the nail on the head.

I think the coaches would have done themselves a favour if they mentioned the reffing but also mentioned their own mistakes, the sharks in particular played very very clunky/frustrated / canberra raiders 2017 type footy.

Whilst manly were a bit unlucky, they also had there own fair share of luck in that game and didnt do much with it. As well as they absorbed pressure, they went to the left with wright and that other nimrod far to often when there is seriously no value there for them. Until they get a better left edge they are troubling no one.