What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Powerplay rule idea

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Why are they so against a 10 minute sin bin? Which already exists. And they used perfectly over the weekend.

because they don't want to ruin the contest for tv and there is a perception that 10 minutes will do

ongoing niggling fouls are perfect for 5 minute bins, you reduce the impact of a subjective decision

RazorRam0n

Juniors
The perception is wrong.

Does anyone here actually think a sin bin or send off *ruins* a game?

If anything it ups the drama

think you're not thinking it through correctly, would you be happy if boyd cordner/jake friend got sent to the bin for 10 because of a 3rd penalty in the redzone?

LineBall

Juniors
Don't like the idea. Just need to apply the rules we already have. Before I was a fan of bringing back thet 5 minute bin, but now I think they should just keep the 10. Having two different bins opens up a whole new issue with what deserves 5 minutes, what deserves 10 etc.

adamkungl

Immortal
think you're not thinking it through correctly, would you be happy if boyd cordner/jake friend got sent to the bin for 10 because of a 3rd penalty in the redzone?

Of course I wouldn't be happy.
I'm not happy when Friend and JWH get penalised 19 times a game either but they shouldn't change the rule because I've got the shits.

Sin bins are for professional fouls.
Professional fouls effectively means cheating/deliberate penalties, especially in try scoring situations.
Giving away repeated penalties to slow the game down i try scoring range definitely qualifies.

Draw a line in the sand from the first trial game so players, coaches and fans know what to expect.
AND this is the important part... ACTUALLY STICK TO IT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON

LineBall

Juniors
If they want to try something, why not have the ref call penalty advantage, and let the attacking team be able to throw the ball around without risk of losing possession for one tackle, - so if they drop it, or it gets intercepted or they knock it on, the only thing that happens is the penalty is awarded where the infringement occurred, and the attacking team can then take a tap, penalty goal etc.

T-Boon

Coach
It is a solid idea. There are potential advertisement opportunities such as the Bundy Rum time out zone. Or maybe the Kit Kat time out zone or just Kit Kat Zone or KKZ ("need a break, need a Kit Kat").
Maybe all sin bins should be spent behind the goal posts in the KKZ. Let the crowd taunt the offender for ten minutes. It would be cool to force the player the watch from the KKZ. Some bad call goes against his team and the camera pans to this big dope foaming at the mouth getting angrier and angrier as the opposition fans taunt him. It would also still be 13 on 13.

Surely

Post Whore
It is a solid idea. There are potential advertisement opportunities such as the Bundy Rum time out zone. Or maybe the Kit Kat time out zone or just Kit Kat Zone or KKZ ("need a break, need a Kit Kat").
Maybe all sin bins should be spent behind the goal posts in the KKZ. Let the crowd taunt the offender for ten minutes. It would be cool to force the player the watch from the KKZ. Some bad call goes against his team and the camera pans to this big dope foaming at the mouth getting angrier and angrier as the opposition fans taunt him. It would also still be 13 on 13.

Maybe they can stay on and just be forced to stay on the wing wearing a McDonald's hat ?

Surely

Post Whore
Just make a penalty inside the 20 worth 4 points if you are trying to stop them.

Then it's black and white, not open to interpretation

Canard

Immortal
Of course I wouldn't be happy.
I'm not happy when Friend and JWH get penalised 19 times a game either but they shouldn't change the rule because I've got the shits.

Sin bins are for professional fouls.
Professional fouls effectively means cheating/deliberate penalties, especially in try scoring situations.
Giving away repeated penalties to slow the game down i try scoring range definitely qualifies.

Draw a line in the sand from the first trial game so players, coaches and fans know what to expect.
AND this is the important part... ACTUALLY STICK TO IT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON

Couldn't disagree more strongly.

For example if someone avoids a send off for a high shot early in the season, that precedent shouldn't be continued.

Latest posts