What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

doyen

Bench
Sths roster wasn't bad enough to get the results that Madge achieved under his watch in 2017.
To win only 9 games & lose 15 with a differential of 100 pts ISN'T a big rap of a coaching performance,& to be honest,is a miserable effort.
It certainly doesn't indicate that he has all the attributes of a great coach.
Most coaches win comps because they happen to have a very,very good roster[or cattle] which Madge had at Wigan & at Sths in 2014.
The true indication of a good coach is how he can get a lesser squad to perform.
Madge hasn't lifted the players one iota over the past 2 seasons,& therefore,he received his marching orders. His sacking was appropriate considering all that has eventuated over the past two years!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi Doyen if madge had the same cattle as in 2014 and won another final we would be calling him the greatest coach souths have ever had ....SHADOW...He had a shiiit team thats why he got shiiit results . Seibold will need to buy some outstanding players such as bellamy/bennett have done or perish ....S H A D O W...why is bellamy/bennett going so well/well its because they have the cattle why did the knights and tigpies and souths and a few other teams go to shiiit you guessed it we all had no cattle it aint rocket science bellamy/bennett wont do poorly because they both have top 4 team players in each side they cant fail even the mug on the street knows this .

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's interesting, I haven't heard that one before, in what light were they talking about the twins?

The board asked Madge how he was going to improve performances with the twins being specifically mentioned. Madge believed in hard work and the board didn't think that was a satisfactory answer.

handyman2190

Bench
Well what's the bloody answer???
Teach them were to run
Teach them to lean into tackles with the F ball tucked tight under the arm
Teach them F glue the F ball to their hands
Teach them to hit the rib cage so hard with the point of their shoulders so if they dont hurt or break some ribs they force the F ball out
Not this BS tackling up high
Someone else can lock the arms and ball up we need to teach all the team to hit and hurt hit under the ball twist and push back
Our tackling in 2014 was completely different we were pushing them back.....WE were attacking them....not getting pushed back another 10 to 15 metres after first contact...our defence is a joke teams laugh at our softness
Thats what the twins need ...tommy rudonicus face slapping

Pommy

Coach
No I don't think so.

I think he was very hungry but we just didn't evolve and we're playing 2014 footy in 2017 which just doesn't cut it....

The game has moved past that now.

Who's fault is that? The coach drives the tactics the buck has to stop with Madge if that is what you think.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You both have a point. Madge was definitely still hungry but his tactics of motivation obviously weren't working anymore. His yelling and screaming wasn't getting the message across. You could tell he was getting desperate as well as he was bringing motivational speakers to training sessions. If it was confirmed that he had loss the dressing room it wouldn't surprise me but it disappoints me that the boys just gave up on him like that. I see fault with the players and Madge.