What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
5. Josh Addo-Carr (8)

Scored the opener, set up the Storm’s last and denied the Eels another with a critical tackle on Auva’a. A lot of fuss was made about the clash of Vunivalu and Radradra during the week but they forgot about the ‘other’ winger Addo-Carr, one of the bargain buys of 2017 at $140,000 for the season.

f**k, I hope these figures are not true. What a goose Taylor has proven to be.
He was on less than that here. I heard he wanted $150k. We said it was too much.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That'd be about right. He wasn't after big coin. Asking for 150k isn't being too over the top for anyone these days. He just wanted to play in the NRL.

You rarely get those guys. They will stay loyal and not demand huge coin and all you have to do is meet them halfway and give them some game time.

It's not like he was Milone and an absolute dogs breakfast of a player. What could have been.

Vic Mackey

Referee
That'd be about right. He wasn't after big coin. Asking for 150k isn't being too over the top for anyone these days. He just wanted to play in the NRL.

You rarely get those guys. They will stay loyal and not demand huge coin and all you have to do is meet them halfway and give them some game time.

It's not like he was Milone and an absolute dogs breakfast of a player. What could have been.

Agree mate.

I don't think anyone blames JAC for leaving, hence why we're all happy to see him do well.

$20kpa is a big difference when you're talking $130-$150kpa, as opposed to guy's on $300kpa

WT Unity

Juniors
Whilst I normally don't tend to take sides in finals and GF's featuring "other" teams, I can't help but think forward to the following likely scenario.
Roosters take on The Storm in the GF....
Wouldn't it be poetic justice if JAC were to have a blinder and score the winning try why JT looks on from the Roosters coaching box as Trent Robinson sarcastically says "well done for letting him go JT - You Idiot"

Das Hassler

Bench
But one has to wonder...at that price why one of the other 14 teams didnt get in under Melbourne with an offer more in step with the potential he displayed. Keery was as good as trying his dragons jersey on when the chooks pounced...seems as if melbourne were the only one's interested?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Storm got in first. Take a gutsy person to turn down getting try scoring opportunities from Smith, Slater, Munster and Cronk.

Das Hassler

Bench
Storm got in first. Take a gutsy person to turn down getting try scoring opportunities from Smith, Slater, Munster and Cronk

That's very true and has to be factored into his.leaving beyond the popular simplistic view that Taylor just let him go..timing is everything and going to melbourne while those 4 plus Bellamy are there was a once in a lifetime opportunity not to be missed by a player like JAC

super_coach

First Grade
The media and the fan base are linking to us Moylan based on the fact that Cleary coached him and a throw away line any coach would say if asked about Moylan.

If Penrith were going to pick up half the contract and he fell into our laps of course Cleary would take him, but pigs might fly also.

I say he stays at the Penny's is the best bet with may be a few quid on Manly as the roughie

super_coach

First Grade
And for what it is worth apparently they are talking to a Parra backrower and a Raiders prop, but I don't say this with any confidence as my last bit of info said Nagamia and Grant were off the bus and that did not happen

Tiger Ted

Bench
And for what it is worth apparently they are talking to a Parra backrower and a Raiders prop, but I don't say this with any confidence as my last bit of info said Nagamia and Grant were off the bus and that did not happen
I can c us signing 1 more prop & an outside back with pace.

Clifferd

Coach
Don't we have only one more spot left? I have a feeling Cleary is waiting for a marquee player to come onto the market although if that doesn't happen he'll probably get another forward.

Either way pre season training for us starts in another 3 weeks or so, so I'd imagine our 30 man squad will be finalised fairly soon