What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLPA Players Champion Awards

kdalymc

Bench
Currently live on nineGEM, Just seen Jimmy Maloney once again having a yarn "give us a fair go, we need more money"
Mate you are paying paid a million bucks a year to live every kids dream, get f**ked..

Anyway I think Tudesco got the main award. What yas reckon?
Also the whole set up and production seems really amateur, everyone is standing up ect. Good that voted by the players tho, best indication of the best I guess.

Diesel

Referee
I didn't even know RLPA had awards, let alone on TV. Great promotion of the game you dicks at 9.

So have the Dally's been given the arse?

Clifferd

Coach
Being voted by the players is as prestigious as they come. I'm not quite sure if Tedesco deserved it though, probably on reputation more than anything

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Is it actually voted on off a points system or is it just random like the Dally M positional players of the year seems to be?

I saw Aaron Woods and Konnie Hurrell also snagged spots in the team of the year and I'm at a loss to explain how either of them would be selected in anything other than a team of merkins most in need of a f**king haircut.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The team is very odd. No doubting Teddy is a superstar but from round 2-19 for the Tigers he was average as. He only started playing good again after Origin and he remembered there was a World Cup coming up. I struggle to see how he was a better player then Taulmalolo or Smith this year.

I love Nofoaluma but even I don't think he was one of the 2 best wingers this year. Top 10 definetly, 5 maybe.

Barkley

Bench
Anyone know what categories they had? I'm guessing this is the first year they've held these awards.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
f**king hell.. awarding yourselves awards? How egocentric have the players become?

I wonder who won the award for 'player most Instagram followers'..?

Or the one for 'player who looks best in a flat-brim cap'..?

OVP

Coach
I'm loving the sneakers and suit look. Not.
a0ea2624908b09dee9ba823b7e86db59

Clifferd

Coach
Definitely picked on reputation. I wouldn't even have teddy in my top 10 players this year, yet alone best. Same with Woods in the prop position

Hurrell? Lol

Nofoluama is a surprise but not a terrible decision. He's played his guts out all year and is leading run metres or tackle breaks I think

To me it's just a popularity contest among the players

Latest posts