What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Fri - Broncos 13-6 Panthers @ Suncorp

Finals Week 2: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
If the Broncos roll out the same 17 as last Friday, I'd say the Panthers win in a boil over. The Broncos need to get back to what was working with them - Nikorima at halfback, Thaiday handling the opening exchanges and bringing Hunt off the bench. The issue is, without Darius Boyd they don't have anyone to play fullback. David Mead is serviceable but has no chemistry with the halves, Jordan Kahu is barely getting through games as is and I doubt Bennett will throw Isaako or Marshall there in such a big game. If worse comes to worse, they'll have to bite the bullet and go with Nikorima, Milford and Marshall again.

Penrith will definitely want to win here. They had two dissapointing performances in the lead up to the finals but it's worth mentioning that on top of losing Matt Moylan and dealing with that distraction, they also lost Dylan Edwards who has been one of their best players in 2017. Not only did they miss his exceptional work in the backfield, it caused the 17 to be shuffled around. With Edwards back and the rest of the side confident after disposing of Manly in a spirited game they'll give Brisbane a much better shake than they did in Round 9.

Penrith will get more out of the experience than Brisbane will. All year the media has been quick to point out their record in the big games so if they can earn a win here and back that up with a good showing in Melbourne, suddenly we're talking about a dominant Penrith era again.

With Brisbane I think it comes down to a personal desire more than anything else. Ben Hunt is definitely out the door and Adam Blair from all reports will be joining them. Both love the club and while Blair's form has been iffy, Hunt has been playing with a devil may care attitude as of late and has really made teams think twice through the middle of the ruck. If they can snare one win, at least it will be a positive way to leave Suncorp Stadium, especially after their last start.
This is the most honest assessment that I've seen of Brisbane.

You sure you're a broncos fan?

ed-grimley

Bench
The Broncos will sweat on Milford magic moments with the ball as they have FA else. With the help of the little fella and the refs they'll get to front up for a hammering in Melbourne.

TheFrog

Coach
If not then he's such a little bitch.
We would love him to play, believe me but he's undergoing counselling for what appears to be, as far as can be ascertained, depression. You don't send a bloke out in front of 50,000 two-headed Queensland hayseeds cursing his every breath while in such a state. Not if you have any consideration for his welfare whatsoever. I understand that the Roosters would, but we are made of different stuff.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't buy the depression argument one bit.

He had a sook and chucked a tanty.
Something like that could be not too wide of the mark. The experts in the field call it depression. Yobs call it chucking a wobbly. None of us has a damn clue what the issue with him is to be honest. Hence there is much speculation.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Lol that game has really embittered the Penrith and Manly fans against one another aye
Not here.

I'm not bitter at the Panthers, just the referees (not as much as some).

I wouldn't mind if they go all the way (without Moylan who is almost Munsteresque in his smugness).

Life's Good

Coach
Tipping Brisbane only because it's at Suncorp AND they can't derp it up 2 weeks in a row. Or can they??
Be happy Panthers fans I am a hopeless tipster.

Edit. Dunny W*nker just did a 'Cleary, comparison to Thurston' story on Nein. Broncos are now certainties.

Last edited: