What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Spade

Juniors
I doubt Raiders would let him considering he had a gun roster this year, almost no injuries to speak of and couldn't make the 8 being there on a full time basis.

Vee

First Grade
I doubt Raiders would let him considering he had a gun roster this year, almost no injuries to speak of and couldn't make the 8 being there on a full time basis.
Except that the Raiders have already indicated they are open to it.

Incorrect

Coach
I wonder if anyone at NSWRL HQ is really considering giving Stuart the Origin coaching job.... Or is it simply his mates in the media pumping him up and running with it? An overwhelming number of league fans, including Raiders fans, have identified his shortcomings and pointed out that his team failed badly in 2017.... It's like we're in the Twilight Zone and only people who post on LU have the ability to recognise how poor a coach he is.... It's really quite bizarre....

Reactions: Vee

Saxon

Bench
After the defeat by Melbourne, Stuart said :

"It's not all negatives from where I sit and I certainly won't fabricate anything with the players, but it's not about us now. We haven't self destructed, we haven't ruined what we've built so far... But not destructing what we've been building over the last two years has been a credit to the players ... it's really good to be in a position now to say that - that we haven't self destructed."

The Raiders are going backwards faster than an Italian tank. After making the Prelim final last year, how does he think they haven't self destructed?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

"It's not all negatives from where I sit and I certainly won't fabricate anything with the players, but it's not about us now. We haven't self destructed, we haven't ruined what we've built so far... But not destructing what we've been building over the last two years has been a credit to the players ... it's really good to be in a position now to say that - that we haven't self destructed."

The Raiders are going backwards faster than an Italian tank. After making the Prelim final last year, how does he think they haven't self destructed?

From 2nd to 10th in a season isn't a self destruction. Okay lol

Canard

Immortal

*Not far off

People should stop picking on Ricky Stuart. He is a coaching dynamo who just happens to be very highly strung, and he has had a bit of bad luck in 2017. But I think he will come good in 2018, with Cooper Cronk leaving Melbourne. I foresee Canberra vs Sydney Roosters in the 2018 Grand Final

El Diablo

Post Whore

words of wisdom from The Master Coach

Vee

First Grade
If I recall correctly, Ricky did not get fined for his 47 texers post game press conference,

Is that correct?

If not, why not?

More inconsistencies!
Agree. He should have been smacked hard. The NRL shooting themselves in the foot again.

Tooooks

Bench
I don't know why there isn't a thread for SuperCoach Stephen Kearney. Makes Ricky look like Jack Gibson.

nick87

Coach
If I recall correctly, Ricky did not get fined for his 47 texers post game press conference,

Is that correct?

If not, why not?

More inconsistencies!

Enough
You guys blew it in the finals, not the officials, the Sharks football team blew it, your coach made a real Ricky Stuart of himself in the presser, embarrassed himself and the Cronulla club and he'll have to pay the price
It's fine, I'm sure he'll survive without the 30k

Card Shark

Immortal
Enough
You guys blew it in the finals, not the officials, the Sharks football team blew it, your coach made a real Ricky Stuart of himself in the presser, embarrassed himself and the Cronulla club and he'll have to pay the price
It's fine, I'm sure he'll survive without the 30k

Agree mate, we lost the gone due to ordinary play, with a bit of help from the refs.

That is not my point...