What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POQ Jamie Lyon

Misty Bee

First Grade
Sadly, Parra's fanbase includes morons. Onya Killer - good luck at St Helens. A lot of us are all sick of Smith too, just that some boneheads can't see who the real problem is. Glad that you didn't hang around and go through the motions like all the others that dropped of in form before leaving. People forget that you saved us enough cash by NOT playing to enable us to fund a contract upgrade for another youngster coming through the ranks.

Geez, if only the Smith apologists among us didn't have their way last year with their "give him another go' whines, we might not only have a decent coach, and a top 8 possie, we might have the world's best centre as well!

Good luck Killer. Thanks for the wonderful service that you gave us!

1eyedeel

Juniors
Misty, c'mon, lets be serious.

Lyon signed a contract with the Eels knowing Brian Smith would be the coach. He gave the club no indication he was unhappy, until it was too late to resign Tonga, now potentially the best centre in the game and playing at another club because of Lyon's decision, or indeed any other replacement. And then he just walked out on his mates.

In Australia, we hold true a certain set of values:
+ You keep your word
+ You don't let down your mates
+ You don't lay down when times get tough

I think under those circumstances, it's very apt that he's leaving these shores...

Gregory Drake

Juniors
"In Australia, we hold true a certain set of values:
+ You keep your word
+ You don't lay down when times get tough "

Spot on "filthy_spammers"!!!!!! One of the best posts i've seen all week!!!!!!!

I've got no doubts Brian Smith was Jamie's problem, but instead of pressing on and contributing to digging the team out of a rut and helping his mates out, he walked out on them. These are the facts!!!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if St Helens have had regrets given the mental fortitude of this slackjaw.

Misty Bee

First Grade
filthy_spammers said:
Misty, c'mon, lets be serious.

Lyon signed a contract with the Eels knowing Brian Smith would be the coach. He gave the club no indication he was unhappy, until it was too late to resign Tonga, now potentially the best centre in the game and playing at another club because of Lyon's decision, or indeed any other replacement. And then he just walked out on his mates.

In Australia, we hold true a certain set of values:
+ You keep your word
+ You don't lay down when times get tough

I think under those circumstances, it's very apt that he's leaving these shores...

You keep your word? Like Brian Smith's "Dykes is never going to play first grade again" and then using him 2 weeks later? Like every time Vella reckons he's primed up for a big one and then plays like a timid kitten? Or how about "I'll resign if I can't offer the team any more", and then digging in to suck the $$$ out of Parra, like Brian Smith? Why should Killer be held acountale when these blokes aren't?

You don't let down your mates? Like Any other player who is leaving isn't letting the club down by not sticking around? Like Smith, who mercilessly bags players, his 'mates', when his game plans and selections are not up to scratch?

BTW, I have let down mates before, when things like wife, family etc are put before them. Isn't that what Killer did?

You don't lay down when times are tough? F**k, that could be said for our entire club! How many times have our team let us down? How many times have they been booed off the ground for putting in a performance not worthy of their jumper, only to whinge when it happens? Hindy bags the entire suporter base and you lot treat him as a hero. Killer has the courage to walk out on a big contract and aviod all of that shit, and you bag him for it?

And if you are so big on Aussie ethics, how about the top one - that of a fair go? I can't fathom that some of you are so vile to Killer, yet so mushy and lovey dovey toward Smith!!!!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
And if you are so big on Aussie ethics, how about the top one - that of a fair go? I can't fathom that some of you are so vile to Killer, yet so mushy and lovey dovey toward Smith!!!!!!!

A fair go - hmmmm I think everyone gave him a fair go in the beginning. But as has been said Misty you have your opionions and I, like others, have theirs.

Good riddance to the bloke.

TheParraboy

Staff member
He will go to the titans, knowing our luck probably end up at manly and win a couple of comps there o_O

Bazal

Post Whore
Pretty sure MistyStrat is still around.

There is a certain Eels fan who posts a lot on the NRL Forum and claims to have been here for years under various names who fits the bill reasonably well

T.S Quint

Coach
Does he still complain about who the GF entertainment is?

I swear that bloke wanted nothing but 70's-80's hair metal bands to play at the GF.