What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Surely

Post Whore
Surely any question about the refs performance could be answered with no comment. Its not fcking rocket science. As I said they know what they are doing and how they will play out. It isn't spur of the moment 18 year old talking ffs. They are happy to damage the game to cover their own arses, which is very sad for the game that pays their living.

The refs already damaged the game with their f**kups

carcharias

Immortal
Surely any question about the refs performance could be answered with no comment. Its not fcking rocket science. As I said they know what they are doing and how they will play out. It isn't spur of the moment 18 year old talking ffs. They are happy to damage the game to cover their own arses, which is very sad for the game that pays their living.
You obviously didn't see Bennett try that.

You're better off calling the ref a cheat.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bennett didn't want to answer anything! That was the merkins problem, all the NRL is asking of them is to be professional and not slate the refs to the media. It isn't fricking hard, or shouldn't be for a mature professional management person.
And it isn't hard, they are being deceitful in their behaviour, knowing exactly what they are doing and doing it for the sole purpose of diverting attention from the failures of themselves or their players. f**k if it damages the game, f**k if it turns people off watching, f**k if it stops people wanting to be a ref. Its pure selfishness on their part and Id be happy to see harsher penalties.

Surely

Post Whore
Bennett didn't want to answer anything! That was the merkins problem, all the NRL is asking of them is to be professional and not slate the refs to the media. It isn't fricking hard, or shouldn't be for a mature professional management person.
And it isn't hard, they are being deceitful in their behaviour, knowing exactly what they are doing and doing it for the sole purpose of diverting attention from the failures of themselves or their players. f**k if it damages the game, f**k if it turns people off watching, f**k if it stops people wanting to be a ref. Its pure selfishness on their part and Id be happy to see harsher penalties.

Ref f**kups turn me off the game more than some coach presser that I'd rarely watch.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The refs already damaged the game with their f**kups

Nope the constant whinging by commentators, 16 replays of every decision, coaches whining and media beat up is whats fcking the game up. Refs have always made mistakes, fans have always felt duded. Difference is now its no longer a heated discussion at the bar after the game and move on, its a week long drawn out hyperbole about one or two 50-50 decisions.

Eion

First Grade
Nope the constant whinging by commentators, 16 replays of every decision, coaches whining and media beat up is whats fcking the game up. Refs have always made mistakes, fans have always felt duded. Difference is now its no longer a heated discussion at the bar after the game and move on, its a week long drawn out hyperbole about one or two 50-50 decisions.
Nice whinge about the whinging.

carcharias

Immortal
Are you telling people how they be mature and accusing them of using diversion to hide their failures?

Sounds exactly like a bloke without a team who bags others teams for not having big enough crowds ey?

The_Shield

Juniors
The thing is these are all 50-50 calls, that's what makes the whinging so ridiculous. If they were blatantly obvious wrong then fair enough but here we are 4-5 days later and still everybody is debating whether their correct or not. Half is crying bloody murder while the other half is saying the refs were correct. Take the sharks for example, I myself and plenty of others think the sin bin was 100% correct, I also think Paul Gallen was playing for the penalty and just lost the ball cold, and also think Winterstein grounded the ball before the sharks first try. So I think to blame those decisions for costing you your season is ridiculous. They were 50-50 calls that could of went either way, this time they went against your team, get over it

King hit

Coach
To break the monotony:

How good is it having finals matches during the day rather than night time? Daytime footy rules. They should be playing the next two games at 3pm Sat and Sunday.

They attracted larger crowds when they played during the day from memory.

typicalfan

Coach
In my opinion the NRL have to be good enough to accommodate both. If they can't get someone in charge that can.

Surely

Post Whore
The thing is these are all 50-50 calls, that's what makes the whinging so ridiculous. If they were blatantly obvious wrong then fair enough but here we are 4-5 days later and still everybody is debating whether their correct or not. Half is crying bloody murder while the other half is saying the refs were correct. Take the sharks for example, I myself and plenty of others think the sin bin was 100% correct, I also think Paul Gallen was playing for the penalty and just lost the ball cold, and also think Winterstein grounded the ball before the sharks first try. So I think to blame those decisions for costing you your season is ridiculous. They were 50-50 calls that could of went either way, this time they went against your team, get over it

Some of them weren't 50/50 though like leutele tackled without the ball it was as plain to see as the nose on pinnochios face

typicalfan

Coach
I think it is the height of hypocrisy to criticise ref errors when your team completes at 60 odd percent as a coach. If the Sharks played ok I guess I would have more sympathy. Yes the refs had a bad game too. Mind you the media bait these answers from coaches at times. Do journos have restrictions on ref related questions?

Surely

Post Whore
I think it is the height of hypocrisy to criticise ref errors when your team completes at 60 odd percent as a coach. If the Sharks played ok I guess I would have more sympathy. Yes the refs had a bad game too. Mind you the media bait these answers from coaches at times. Do journos have restrictions on ref related questions?

Say what, the team paid the price for their own howlers, they didn't need official assistance to reduce the completion rate on top of it.

typicalfan

Coach
The Sharks were a top 2 team on paper and were probably the biggest danger to the Storm but played well below their best most of the year. The ref rampage is a distraction because as you say the Sharks paid the price for the way they played. Anyway I think the Sharks have one more in them provided they can get the best out of Dugan.