What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachy try proven to be the correct decision

Surely

Post Whore
Everyone hated benefit of the doubt, hence why we went to refs call. It seems many have short memories!

Its fairer

You can't get ass f**ked in scoring a try and defending a try in the same game

At least everyone knows where the rule stands

typicalfan

Coach
Benefit of the doubt still exists but only for on field refs. The benefit of the doubt switched to the ref since they send their decision upstairs. This is why sending up I don't know would be a bad idea as it would bring benefit of the doubt back for video ref.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
So who makes the decision and based on what if both the refs and video ref can't be sure? Maybe a people's vote?

The ref isn't guessing, he is making a call based on what 4 officials viewed. We went 85 years with this method being acceptable!

if no-one knows then it is no try

we don't give points for effort

OldPanther

Coach
They should just leave it as is and train the refs to call it no try if they have no idea. The on field ref is still the one responsible and If there is enough evidence you'll get points if not you don't get a dodgy try.

no name

Coach
if no-one knows then it is no try

we don't give points for effort
But you're advocating that we save points for effort?
Not that I'm for or against the idea but legitimate tries could be turned down because players made an effort which blocks ref sight, camera angles etc.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
But you're advocating that we save points for effort?
Not that I'm for or against the idea but legitimate tries could be turned down because players made an effort which blocks ref sight, camera angles etc.

I tend to err on the side of having to prove a positive (he scored) rather than prove a negative (he didnt score)