What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most looking forward to in 2018 ?

mickeylane

Bench
Looking forward to a vastly improved go forward w a world class halfback in Hunt and an attacking hooker in Lichaa (he will be signed very soon)

Forwards wise we will be even better with a mongrel leading us in Graham.

So in summary
Better halves
Better forwards
A running hooker

What could go wrong lol!

emu62

Juniors
Good luck mate, hoping there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel. Had it 6 yrs ago and the only downside since has been the bloody Dragons.

Thanks ALSGI much appreciated. being a saints supporter i think the big fella upstairs felt pity for me. I reckon he at least wants me to see another premiership win. Therefore i feel very safe with McWrecker coaching

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Being proud of a Dragons side that plays robust and consistent football
and coaches that select the best 17 players within the playing roster barring injuries. The lame excuses of the past two years should no longer be
heard.

Dragon66

Juniors
Dragon , don't you remember how many times Gypsy was burned for pace in defense this year. He won't be any faster. We need to change both wingers. If we can't buy them give some of the youngsters a go.

Denis, completely agree about the performance of both our wingers this season, but where I hope we agree is the reason why.
The Coach. All year we have played a very condensed and compressed defence. Not only that but more often than not our defensive line chooses to hold and wait for the opposition to come to us. Most times that mean if the opposition move the ball to a backline that is spreading the ball wide with players on the move our wingers are trying to adjust and defend while standing still. The indecision caused by this stand and wait style of defence allows the opposition to get on the outside before our players have any chance of adjusting and covering the wide open spaces to the try line. We saw this happen time and time again but thanks to Super Coach we went out the next week and did exactly the same thing again.

Nighty still has plenty to offer if McGregor chances his approach, which he hasn't since getting the gig. He talks the talk but nothing changes.

Nighty stats are quite remarkable considering the way the team plays the "Power Game".

15 trys, 5 try assists, 15 line breaks. He is a competitor, and plays with genuine passion, and his finishing is up there with the best. McDonald on the other hand, as far as I'm concerned is SOFT.

Jason Nightingale has 3148 metres run, but mostly from dummy half or first receiver as per instructions from the coach. Of all the players that some on this forum are claiming should be axed Nighty is not one of them. Wingers on the whole are only as good as the opportunities provided to them by the execution of an intelligent game plan or the players inside of them.

Put the two Storm wingers in our team and I guarantee they would not receive a fraction of the opportunities that Bellamy provides for them via Cronk, Slater, Chambers etc.

Jason Nightingale still has plenty to offer, but that won't happen unless we see some change of direction from the coaching staff, or better still some change with the head coaches.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Ben Hunt and James Graham instilling some leadership and belief into the team. In the past few years when things started to go wrong we had no one to lead the team out of trouble. I think they both can fulfill that role making for a much improved 2018 season. James Graham is a natural and experienced leader, he should be made captain, this might help Widdop find some consistency.