What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

roofromoz

First Grade
Why on earth would they have been in seven hills I wonder? Seems completely random. You would have thought if they were celebrating in Sydney they would pick somewhere near the beach or city, not Sevo!

Well, there's the RSL, the hotel and the Demon Sports Club... all quality establishments. Kinda.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Ohhhhh Shit! Magpie_man just reminded me of another story I have.

Must have been 2009/2010 AC/DC toured and I went to see them with some mates at ANZ. They put out notice that they were closing the bars at a certain time during the show so with it being my shout I downed the beer in my hand and ran off to get another round of brews.

As I was running to the bar there was only a small number of people in line and there was an Indian Seccy guard standing there ready to close the line, he pulled across the rope and clipped it on but then saw me running towards him so he re-opened it and said come through buddy all good.

Sure enough a second later I could hear more footsteps running towards us and I turn around and sure enough ET was there decked out in his AC/DC shirt and not a hair out of place. Without even thinking (I think the 12 beers I had already inhaled might have been doing the thinking for me) I grabbed the rope out of the Seccys hand closed the line and said 'Sorry mate, no former Cronulla players allowed'...

I then lifted it up and had a chuckle waiting for him to laugh and say 'hahah good one champ' or something along those lines... well the merkin just stood there with a disgusted look on his face and didn't utter a word.. I sort of looked at him awkwardly to show I wasn't expecting that reaction and I turned around and said something like 'Jeez lighten up brother, I thought you knew what fishing was'...

Life's Good

Coach
Feleti Mateo and Jarryd Hayne at Golden Century a couple of days prior to NYE a few years back. As someone posted earlier Hayne is a decent size human.

Saw Matt and Kris Keating on separate occasions at Stocklands Wetherill Park
Simon Dwyer playing poker at Smithfield RSL
Peter Sterling at the last Easter Show at Moore Park

bnie7349

Juniors
Brad Fittler riding his motorbike in Surrey hills.

Have seen multiple players at Macarthur Square. Ben Roberts, The Paea brothers, David Nofoaluma and James Tedesco.

Paul Vaughan (this year) and Sean Hampstead (10 years ago) at Jamberoo action park.

Brett Stewart lining up outside a nightclub at Kings Cross a few years ago.

aarondoyle

Juniors
A couple of weeks ago, the day after the Broncos-Cowboys game in Townsville, Josh Maguire was in ReefHQ with his family.

T.S Quint

Coach
I used to be Lote Tuqiri's son's childcare educator, so I met him a few times. Nice bloke, quite softly spoken. Bloody huge though.

Sat at the same table as John Skandalis at a wedding. Nice enough bloke but didn't seem to have many brain cells.

Bumped into Brett Hodgson at the Sydney Car Show back when he was playing for the Magpies. My brother played Ball and Flegg with him so got to have a bit of a chat.

Walked past Robbie Farrah a few months ago in Surry Hills. f**k, you just don't realise how much of a midget he is when you only see him on tv.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Met a few ex broncos at a function at suncorp a few years ago. Hancock is as you'd expect, complete wanker. Renouf is an absolute gent.

Langer on a plane to nq, think he was going to mackay to do some sort of function, was drunk but not a pest and fairly light hearted

Hodges, Scott Anderson, Parker and a couple of others down at bashup park for jharal yow yehs first game back for Norths ressies i think...

David Stagg routinely shops at rode road markets in chermside.

Will hoppa knocked on my door a few years ago when he was on his missionary sabbatical.

Mason, minichello, anasta at a cafe on the morning of origin 2 in 2006 looking relaxed as f**ked... no surprise they lost 30-6.

Brian smith at a pub minding his own business in circular quay, left after too many merkins kept going upto him.

Anasta again, this time he stole my wife and I's table at some breakfast cafe in bondi.

Couple of others that aren't coming to mind atm...

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Actually one more:

Was at the Australian in nyc in 2015 watching the broncos cows gf - Michael Caton and Wayne swan were there also... (Caton was happy to have a chat but swan is a wanker, not that I tried to speak with him anyway)

But... I ended up sharing a table with a cows foundation player, had his shirt on that listed all the names that had played for them and pointed out his name and verified it with his license, passport, even a Google search... can't for the life of me remember his name (only played a handful of games in the first year or two) but he was in tears when they won so that was cool I got to share that moment with him.

simmo1

First Grade
Played a game of Z grade park cricket out Greystanes way against Liam Fulton in early 2007. Caught him in the gully for about 20 odd.

Scott

Bench
Was staying at the Meriton Bondi Junction last year when Luke Keary got into the lift. He was on his way to the Penthouse suite with an enormous amount of booze.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
shane tronc at cocktail 'n'dreams on the gold coast using the dancefloor for rehab fo rhis knee surgery. Brother got him to sign a drink coaster

King hit

Coach
I saw Bulla in a Coolangatta pool back in 2014 and Darren Smith shopping in the Myer Centre once. Parents saw Darren Lockyer jogging at Burleigh.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
This morning behind the reception desk at a Brisbane hotel I saw a plastic bag with "Jared Maxwell" written in Nikko.

Beat that you merkins.
I would have been very concerned if it was a brown paper bag and Maxwell was in the bunker for tonight's match.