What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Whare

qld redvee

Juniors
Sourced information from a leading agent this evening - Apparently Dragons have made an inquiry for Dean Whare - he has 12 months left on current contract.

Personally no better than Aitken ..
Ps: was he a junior.?
Mickey.
was a junior and was great in the lower grades but did his leg or knee but came back well . Moved on by wayne as there wasnt a spot for him - another one of those juniors that realised his potential at another club . Think hes on pretty good coin but

SBD82

Coach
I used to work for a youth service in the gong. As part of the dragons community work Dean used to come down when he was a 20s player and do fitness stuff with the kids.

I remember Dean being a pretty shy but super decent bloke. Followed his career since and he turned into a very good football player.

Would be glad to see him at the club at right center or on the wing only issue (as mentioned above) is that I'd worry about injuries. Hopefully if the club is considering him they are doing their due diligence.

Qdf

Juniors
Maybe Penrith are over the cap and need to offload players? Not an unlikely scenario when you think of the talent they have

the fact Penrith signed him for five years earlier this year indicates he is rated highly by Penrith who themselves have a plethora of talented backs, also has a dozen or so NZL test caps, has also played abit at fullback.
Yes they are , apparently budgeted for a cap of 10.5mil.

MrDragon007

Juniors
Sourced information from a leading agent this evening - Apparently Dragons have made an inquiry for Dean Whare - he has 12 months left on current contract.

I was recently told also that the panthers have offered Whare to us.
Id much prefer we pass on him and show interest in RCG or that forward of theres, Lagu i think it is.
Iv also heard about Korabeti, him coming to us in 2018 isnt as far fetched as as is made out. Talks are happening, could just happen.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Id much prefer we pass on him and show interest in RCG or that forward of theres, Lagu i think it is.
Iv also heard about Korabeti, him coming to us in 2018 isnt as far fetched as as is made out. Talks are happening, could just happen.
Koroibete would be perfect for us, especially with Dufty at fullback.

I agree that I would rather us sign RCG or Latu than Whare.

If we could manage to sign Koroibete and one of RCG or Latu, then I think we would have one of the best rosters in the comp and be a genuine premiership contender.

TomRedVRiver

Bench

If I was Millward, I'd be saying "we'll pass on Whare, but we want Peachey, Waqa Blake or RCG and we are willing to pay. If you are substantially over the cap then you don't really have a choice right now, one of these guys and you have a deal".

SBD82

Coach
If I was Millward, I'd be saying "we'll pass on Whare, but we want Peachey, Waqa Blake or RCG and we are willing to pay. If you are substantially over the cap then you don't really have a choice right now, one of these guys and you have a deal".
I love peachey. And rcg obviously has a big future, but I don't think Blake would be a good fit for us. I don't think we could hide his deficiencies in defense.

blacksafake

First Grade
I love peachey. And rcg obviously has a big future, but I don't think Blake would be a good fit for us. I don't think we could hide his deficiencies in defense.
He'd go ok on the wing i reckon.He's seriously quick so i can put up with a wingers suss defence if he he's quick & ok under the high ball.

qld redvee

Juniors
How do you possibly deduce that ? The secret is to build players around Lafai's skills. He has a great step & passing game , just needs speed outside him. As it is now the defense can just hold back knowing that they won't get burned by the centers or the wingers.
Agree Denis, a strong speedster outside him , dufty etc to follow inside and a nice strong quick centre on the other side then if we have the game plan then skys the limit .. remember we did pretty well with penguin bradley as a centre

betcats

Referee

Hi signed a five year extension this year.

http://www.nrl.com/whare-re-signs-with-panthers/tabid/10874/newsid/105458/default.aspx

Also defence has always been his strength, been struggling this year coming off 2 major injuries and 2 years out, but his defence was back to its best against the scum last weekend. He was once the best defensive centre in the game according to Greg Inglis.

Life's Good

Coach
Hi signed a five year extension this year.

http://www.nrl.com/whare-re-signs-with-panthers/tabid/10874/newsid/105458/default.aspx

Also defence has always been his strength, been struggling this year coming off 2 major injuries and 2 years out, but his defence was back to its best against the scum last weekend. He was once the best defensive centre in the game according to Greg Inglis.
So the whispers (most likely wishful thinking from here more than anything) aren't true and he is staying with you guys??

betcats

Referee
So the whispers (most likely wishful thinking from here more than anything) aren't true and he is staying with you guys??

There may be some truth, he was only in the team last week because Waqa Blake got injured, he had fallen down the pecking order, As I said he has struggled a bit this year coming off a long lay off, but last week was his best performance all season.