What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Tigers - Finals discussion & predictions

Clifferd

Coach
A little off topic but I think this has been melbournes best year ever in terms of crowds & they are over 20k in memberships now.

I wouldn't say they have a lot of fans but they certainly do have a solid base. They average 18k+ or something

I reckon in 10 years time or so we'll probably see another Melbourne team

super_coach

First Grade
Haha. This Melbourne team is possibly the greatest team of the modern era, only Roosters 13' comes closest

Shortest favourites to ever win a comp this early from a gf, it'd be a massive choke for them to not go on with it

In hind sight, I wouldn't be surprised if the big 3 (slater, Cronk, smith) are putting absolutely everything they've got into making sure they win the premiership seeing as it'll most likely be there last ever chance (or window) to win one.

As much as we hate them, they probably deserve to go out winners...but how good would it be to see them fall at the last hurdle?

Problem if they fall, its who would win..and Penrith are no chance and the rest I dislike more than the Storm by some margin

Clifferd

Coach
Well after the first week it's time to reflect just quickly

Despite Eels losing I thought they were the most impressive and surprise packet of week 1. I truly thought Melbourne would stick it to them and win 20+ but credit to them they stuck it to them. I'll be very surprised if they don't progress to the prelim

Melbourne are Melbourne, doing just enough to win although probably not their best performance - id say a gutsy win

Roosters were fairly clinical and their execution let them down a fair bit - probably should have won by more

Penrith were very good but I reckon they played their grand final against Manly - can't see them beating Brisbane

And finally Cowboys, wow what an upset. I'd absolutely love for them to beat Parra but once again I feel they played their GF against sharks and won't get another lucky win like that

Prelims for me will be

Melbourne v Brisbane
Roosters v Eels

Melbourne will flog the shit out of Brisbane, they're just so clunky. Easily the weakest team in the top 4

Roosters v Eels will be a belter, a strong case for either side winning

Trollhammaren

Juniors
The more the week rolls on the more I feel like the Riff and Cows can cause upsets. Although Parra were pretty good last weekend, they really shouldn't lose.

I'm going to the Parra v Cows game. Will have a big ol' LOL should they choke.

magpie_man

Juniors
I actually can see Penrith rolling the Bronx.
Parra should be too strong for the Cowboys, unless they send Taumalolo Moses's way all night.

Clifferd

Coach
I actually can see Penrith rolling the Bronx.
Parra should be too strong for the Cowboys, unless they send Taumalolo Moses's way all night.

They'd be stupid not to. Use lolo as a battering ram at Moses all night

If Moses energy is wasted watching out for lolo all night Parra could be in trouble. Then if Parra are worried about that they have another thing coming with Morgan because I rate him the next best half after Cronk and Thurston and he can capitalise

I give cowboys a massive chance.

Last edited:

Crazyperpman

Juniors
They'd be stupid not to. Use lolo as a battering ram at Moses all night

If Moses energy is wasted watching out for lolo all night Parra could be in trouble. Then if Parra are worried about that they have another thing coming with Morgan because I rate him the next best half after Cronk and Thurston and he can capitalise

I give cowboys a massive chance.

I am yet to see teams isolate Moses the way he was when he was with us. Parra and Jennings in particular has done a great job protecting him. You would hope for his sake at some stage he learns to do his own tackling but at this point it is in some ways an advantage to know where the opposition will aim a large chunk of their attack ahead of time.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Corey Norman is really the half who makes everything happen for the Eels. Poses just does the easy stuff.

Clifferd

Coach
Well the predictable happened and either one of Brisbane or Melbourne will be in the grand final

Brisbane really look shot and I reckon Melbourne will do a number on them next week. Probably a scoreline of 36-12 or something

magpie4ever

First Grade
Well the predictable happened and either one of Brisbane or Melbourne will be in the grand final

Brisbane really look shot and I reckon Melbourne will do a number on them next week. Probably a scoreline of 36-12 or something

Agree, the donkey's two games so far have been the most low level games of the semis, I really think Melbourne should put the cleaners through them.

If Morgan has a 9/10 game tomorrow (brains and brillant natural football skills) and Taumalolo has say a 8/10 game - power, the Cowboys are a chance but those two will need to nail this game.

Clifferd

Coach
Agree, the donkey's two games so far have been the most low level games of the semis, I really think Melbourne should put the cleaners through them.

If Morgan has a 9/10 game tomorrow (brains and brillant natural football skills) and Taumalolo has say a 8/10 game - power, the Cowboys are a chance but those two will need to nail this game.

Really they should have been flogged against the roosters and they're lucky Penrith offered not much in attack. Easily the worst of the top 4, probably just a bit better then the cows

axl rose

Bench
Biggest problem for Uncle Benny is that Storm already got their wake up call last week, better side lost. Far too strong for Broncos.

glockers

Juniors
I was massively impressed by Campbell-Gillard. I didn't get what the fuss was about previously, but wow.

Josh McGuire continues to be outstanding. Imagine having him in a Tigers jersey (never happen but anyhow).

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Josh McGuire continyes to be outstanding. Imagone having hom in a Tigers jersey (never happen but anyhow).

believe it or not there was actually a chance of it happening. mcguire and woods are good mates from playing juniour kangaroos together. in 2011 he had talks with sheens and a formal offer was submitted which i believe he seriously considered. i dont know the reasons for him staying at the broncos but im guessing it was for $100k less a year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
believe it or not there was actually a chance of it happening. mcguire and woods are good mates from playing juniour kangaroos together. in 2011 he had talks with sheens and a formal offer was submitted which i believe he seriously considered. i dont know the reasons for him staying at the broncos but im guessing it was for $100k less a year.
Same old story about the shambolic admin of the past ALMOST recruiting a potential star or letting go of a future star & probably for the difference of the equivalent of petty cash.Yet we paid 2 absolute duds a truckload of money purely coz they were Balmain juniors & let them & there slimy manager f**k us over.

Re the above don't anybody b deluded into thinking Brooks showed loyalty to us by remaining.The only reason Isaac the vermin moses instructed Brooks to quickly sign with us after the wanka Mitchell's contract offer was withdrawn by IC is coz no other club was interested in Brooks.This moronic club didn't have to again pay overs of approx 500k to retain a no.7 who for 4 yrs has been utterly useless.Isaac moses would've been doing cartwheels after doing the deal with us where Brooks continues to b generously paid overs by this intellectually challenged admin.

The truth is that if our iconic prodigal son can continue the form he's displaying at the Broncos (assuming he doesn't get distracted by long nights on the drink at his previous 2nd home in Sydney at the palace hotel in Mortlake) then he will easily displace Brooks for the no.7 jersey in '18.

Clifferd

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bulldogs and Brisbane show interest in Brooks? I remember at one point Dogs wanted all 4 of Tedesco, woods, Moses and Brooks

Bennett wanted Brooks to replace Hunt

Clifferd

Coach
The truth is that if our iconic prodigal son can continue the form he's displaying at the Broncos (assuming he doesn't get distracted by long nights on the drink at his previous 2nd home in Sydney at the palace hotel in Mortlake) then he will easily displace Brooks for the no.7 jersey in '18.

Marshall is so much less eradic now it's funny. Not that that's a bad thing, but he's cut the bullshit out of his game and his control is now top notch. I honestly have him higher in the pecking order than Brooks now

The only reason I got a little bit of a soft spot for the broncs in the finals is because of benji. But at the same time it's hard with that f**kwit Blair

Tiger Ted

Bench
Marshall is so much less eradic now it's funny. Not that that's a bad thing, but he's cut the bullshit out of his game and his control is now top notch. I honestly have him higher in the pecking order than Brooks now

The only reason I got a little bit of a soft spot for the broncs in the finals is because of benji. But at the same time it's hard with that f**kwit Blair
The influence of seargent Bennett on Benjis game.The hope is that Benji doesn't return to his impetuous ways next season coz he can b an asset for us.

Geez Blair is detestable.I find it hard to separate this grub & the lowlife wanka Moses as to who is more repulsive !

Tiger05

First Grade
Moses is worse than Blair and it's not close. Blair though is so overrated. He just isn't the player that we paid top dollar for.

How good has Blair had it though. He has been overpaid for years and picks up another contract at the Warriors.

Latest posts