What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair. Gerard Beale.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Win a permiership... I think just make the finals is the goal at this point
I wonder if Blair will cost the Broncos another game this week. That will make it three games where his errors has hugely contributed to a loss. And some of us are excited about signing him...

Beale was he even playing yesterday in their final? He made no mistakes but he was hardly seen in yesterdays game as well.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No, probably not until the Broncos are eliminated or we announce if with a couple other lesser signings for the extra feels.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
$2.4m over four years for a 31 year old prop who doesn't make over 100m a game, when we are so sorely missing metre eaters.

Yeah, let's do it.

I jokingly said (so I thought) to a friend a few months ago, that Issac Luke has been on the retirement buzz with us - but it could be worse, we could sign Adam Blair up to do the same. I honestly feel like with this club it takes it to the next level with dumb shit. Even when the season is over, we get Paul Davys, Bodene and this.

JJ

Immortal
LOL - yeahs it's kind of like car crash tv - having watched a bit of the Broncos recently I can see why Bennett was happy to let him leave - they would never offer him 4 years that's imbecilic - and I am also puzzled as to why Bennett picks him - he has the occasional effective game to my eye, based on rushing, niggling and generally being an annoying grubby f**k - but overall he's a pretty shithouse prop that's below league average (again to my eye) - guess like Matthew Wade people will argue he brings intangibles

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
$2.4m over four years for a 31 year old prop who doesn't make over 100m a game, when we are so sorely missing metre eaters.

Yeah, let's do it.

I jokingly said (so I thought) to a friend a few months ago, that Issac Luke has been on the retirement buzz with us - but it could be worse, we could sign Adam Blair up to do the same. I honestly feel like with this club it takes it to the next level with dumb shit. Even when the season is over, we get Paul Davys, Bodene and this.

So we now know who to blame! Damn you PW, damn you all the way through the next 4 years!

TheDMC

Bench
f**k me. Unlike some others I was fine with Blair coming, but 4years and that much dough Hell no!

Surely that is top of the props kind of cash.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The price isn't horrible, a bit inflated, but not horrible. The length of contract relative to the age of the player is tough to swallow.

Iafeta

Referee
What's the cap? $9m? So he's on 1/15th of the cap. I have no problem with that. I have concerns with contract length.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Blair played pretty good last night. Working hard on D as usual and whilst I thought he was a zero last week, he was a bit of an unsung hero in the background there for the Bronx.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Blair played pretty good last night. Working hard on D as usual and whilst I thought he was a zero last week, he was a bit of an unsung hero in the background there for the Bronx.

Yeah he had a good game last night, only problem will be though that if he spends that long laying in the tackle in a warriors jersey, his penalty count will exceed his hit ups !!

Big Marn

Juniors
Was so blatant last night, inside the final 10mins, Penrith hot on attack, Brisbane all 1-2m infront of their tryline and not 1 call

Could someone please explain this ruling that the ref kept spluttering about locking legs in the tackle,lose all rights blah blah blah. I thought there was an extra slow effort from Milford in releasing his arms in the tackle just before the halftime blower blew (timewasting as only 30s on the clock), then Wallace coughed up the ball trying to play the ball. I was waiting for the penalty to blow but Sutton went on about this locking business. Wallace went on about it as they walked off. Then Sutton said the same thing in the second half. It sounds like hes making shit up but what do i know

Big Marn

Juniors
Was so blatant last night, inside the final 10mins, Penrith hot on attack, Brisbane all 1-2m infront of their tryline and not 1 call

Some times i think the players need to be abit more cunning and stop the play and yell at the ref when its so obvious. ie. "FFS ref, they are all standing in front of the goal line. Penalise them."

Overall, i thought the quality of the game was average. Warriors may even have had a chance in a game like that.
Broncos will get extremely owned next week.