What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cowboys are destroying Thurston's legacy

Should JT be an Immortal?

• No

• Yes

• BunniesMan is an idiot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canard

Immortal
You troll yourself now?

It must be hard to compete with T Goon and BHP endless alts.

dannyt

Coach
You've got to be taking the p!ss.

You're saying that because the cows can win without Thurston, then his stature as one of the premiere players in the game is diminished?

As I said, this cannot be a serious comment.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Much as I've never been a fan of the way the media trumps up certain players in this era as "muh greatest player of all time", I don't think it diminishes him at all, the reality is that Paul Green has worked at building a team for after Thurston is gone. I'm sure many have said that Taumalolo, Coote, Feldt, Morgan and Cooper have been just as big of a factor in ensuring the success of the Cowboys. Thurston brings that X factor though, he does it in Origin as well where games that his team should lose that he can pull magic plays out of his ass.

By that same token though, I don't like the extreme hype the media gets into now. Smith, Slater, Cronk, Thurston, Inglis, etc. are all "future immortals". I mean goddamn, there are 8 immortals total over the course of a hundred years+ game, you can't then have five in a single generation.