What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So many negatives

Port Panther

Juniors
Dont you have some good u20s to keep developing ? surely theres some positives to come from that they look like winning it . Or has someone stacked their team with isp players dropping back rorters the usual suspects .

Inferno

Coach
And our poor kick metres stats 13th

We were however number one for kick return metres with a fullback that apparently isn't in the top 10

Without a doubt that's the best feature of his game, but that's just 1 metric by which fullbacks are measured, and not the most important. It's certainly not more important than scoring tries, setting up tries or saving trys and probably equally important with diffusing bombs and good defensive positioning.

In relation to most of those measurements he has been average in my view. Even taking into account this is his first year at fullback.

I'm not writing him off entirely, hopefully he will improve next year and it's a genuine contest between he and Dugan.

I've only seen the U20s a handful of times this year. I think they are very quick and athletic, but lack a bit of beef in the forwards.

Last Sunday Parra got over them in the forwards, they were bigger and meaner in that department.

Weaponhead

Coach
The most important factor for a 20s program is how many NRL players get produced. Winning the 20s is nice but nowhere near as important as producing a handful of quality NRL players.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The most important factor for a 20s program is how many NRL players get produced. Winning the 20s is nice but nowhere near as important as producing a handful of quality NRL players.

Agree winning the 20's is nice plus it allows those kids to play in biggest crowd from them at the time and under most pressure

Card Shark

Immortal
The team spirit was so bad a few weeks before the semis flanno was going to drop a big name who was causing shit but dogged it.

Who?

He didn't make some tough calls & I reckon on reflection, he might regret it.

King Ben

Juniors
The team spirit was so bad a few weeks before the semis flanno was going to drop a big name who was causing shit but dogged it.
Oooh this is the good shit!

I can see how the team spirit could've rotted if nothing was done throughout the season. Roll into the UK expecting to crush Wigan during their European holiday and lose. Roll into round one as the triumphant premiers and lose. Regain form and smash Canberra.. then Birdy signs with Brisbane. The cracks are already there and that's only Round 3!

Ads

First Grade
Who?

He didn't make some tough calls & I reckon on reflection, he might regret it.
Oooh this is the good shit!

I can see how the team spirit could've rotted if nothing was done throughout the season. Roll into the UK expecting to crush Wigan during their European holiday and lose. Roll into round one as the triumphant premiers and lose. Regain form and smash Canberra.. then Birdy signs with Brisbane. The cracks are already there and that's only Round 3!

Yep, been problems festering all year. Obviously worse when losses happen. Maloney was on the chopping block, didn't happen probably because there was no one else to put in there. I'd be very surprised if he stays.

Card Shark

Immortal
Maybe good if he moves on.

Can't believe how it's turned pair shaped so quickly from what was a united team in 2016.

shaggs

Coach
Yep, been problems festering all year. Obviously worse when losses happen. Maloney was on the chopping block, didn't happen probably because there was no one else to put in there. I'd be very surprised if he stays.
Other thread I read Maloney and lichaa to Newcastle

carcharias

Immortal
Why on earth would we let him go
He signed for 2018.
Not the clubs fault other blokes are getting better money.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think if you're the premiers, the best you can hope for is to stay in the 8 for a few years & jag another GF appearance then.

The good clubs of the past 20 years, like the eagles & dogs, seem to be able to manage that.

The Dogs have lost their aura but eagles seem to be on the way up...never out of the action for too long.

Next level is the storm, will those f**kers ever miss the 8??!!