What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes!

Travitoh

First Grade
With another NRL season coming to a close, the brighter skies and warmer days can only mean one thing - cricket is around the corner!

Coming off a gutsy 1-1 draw away in the subcontinent, our focus turns to the 2017-18 visit of the old enemy who'll be bringing the Ashes with them. We all know what happened last time they visited...

I can't wait and believe that the pink ball tests will make the series closer than it would've otherwise been. It wouldn't surprise me if the series finished 3-2 in Australia's favour with England winning the dead rubber in Sydney.

Whatever happens, cricket will be the winner!

Pommy

Coach
The ashes won't be coming with us. We don't trust you reprobates to look after them so they will stay at Lords where they belong.

callmack1

Staff member
Big Bash crick is where it's at in summer.

Not to mention the backyard haha.

Pommy

Coach
Big Bash crick is where it's at in summer.

Not to mention the backyard haha.

Not in Sydney. You don't get enough room for a crease in your average million dollar house these days.

Plus aren't you a kiwi? Making your opinion worthless :wink:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I honestly don't know who partners Warner opening the batting for the Ashes??

I think Renshaw needs more experience in Shield Cricket...

I also don't think Maxwell is up to it.

We have Warner, Smith and Handscomb.

I honestly think we need Khawaja firing....

So we need another opener and a no.6.

Maybe someone will emerge in the start of the Sheffield shield season.

I personally like the look of Kurtis Patterson.......

I hope we can have Starc back firing too and adding some handy runs....

Wade has to go too and I'd just bring Nevill back.....

Inkers75

Juniors
Personally I think Australia will win 4-1. Englands top order batting is not strong. We rely to much on Rooooooot!

Travitoh

First Grade
I honestly don't know who partners Warner opening the batting for the Ashes??

I think Renshaw needs more experience in Shield Cricket...

I also don't think Maxwell is up to it.

We have Warner, Smith and Handscomb.

I honestly think we need Khawaja firing....

So we need another opener and a no.6.

Maybe someone will emerge in the start of the Sheffield shield season.

I personally like the look of Kurtis Patterson.......

I hope we can have Starc back firing too and adding some handy runs....

Wade has to go too and I'd just bring Nevill back.....

The opening rounds of Shield could decide a few things but i would expect to see Renshaw open the batting in Brisbane. Travis Head for 6? Though i feel the preference would be for an extra seam option with the ball. Maybe Henriques?
With the ball we are set with Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins, fitness permitting of course.
Alex Carey as a bolter to take place behind the stumps :wink:

Personally I think Australia will win 4-1. Englands top order batting is not strong. We rely to much on Rooooooot!

Bairstow and Ali bat way too low at the moment. Our top order isn't the greatest either though. Whichever side has someone different stand up and be counted in the top 5 will go a long way towards winning the series.
It's a shame that James Taylor had to give the game away. I enjoyed watching the wee lad play!

greg jay

Juniors
With another NRL season coming to a close, the brighter skies and warmer days can only mean one thing - cricket is around the corner!

Coming off a gutsy 1-1 draw away in the subcontinent, our focus turns to the 2017-18 visit of the old enemy who'll be bringing the Ashes with them. We all know what happened last time they visited...

I can't wait and believe that the pink ball tests will make the series closer than it would've otherwise been. It wouldn't surprise me if the series finished 3-2 in Australia's favour with England winning the dead rubber in Sydney.

Whatever happens, cricket will be the winner!
Seriously... Do you rejoice at competing contra 4th World countries such as Pakistan India Sri Lanka and Bangladesh??? I cringe personally and have advocated the dopes here have a Track & Field + Road Cycling season through summer supplemented by explosive team sports such as Volleyball, Basketball etc. Develop people here who can compete against DEVELOPED countries in the above areas. I heard an interview with Melbourne's NBA star Andrew Bogut about a year ago on Radio ABC and he stated that he does NOT comprehend why Aust. has continually concentrated resources in areas that the developed world has no interest in such as RL and Aussie Dicks. Bogut sounded embarrassed!!!I concur 100% with Bogut and Cricket is a game for Nursing Home residents. Wearing jumpers and pants and calling THAT a sport??? No!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wonder who our keeper will be......??

A blow with Pattinson ruled out.

Coulter Nile right in the frame

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jesus Christ I've never heard of this sport. Are Starc, hazelwood and Cummins all good tacklers?
Just let us have our little thread haha...

Travitoh made it!

Must only be a month away now!

No Stokes is a very very big loss for the Poms.

I can't see England winning anymore than 1 test.

I'll go 3 or 4 to 1 our way.

Travitoh

First Grade
No Stokes is a very very big loss for the Poms.

He'll be a huge out, any side would struggle to cover the loss of someone like Stokes. It really unbalances the side and could lead to an increased workload for Anderson and Broad. An option for them i guess would be to bat Moeen at 6 and play an extra seamer.

I agree that we should win comfortably but we have issues of our own amongst the squad. Guys like Maxwell and Stoinis are being considered as genuine chances to be named which is a worry, as well as the possibility of us persisting with Wade behind the stumps.

I really hope that this is the summer that Moises Henriques finally steps up and becomes the test cricketer that he should be. A performing Moises at 6 will help the other pieces fall into place for the test side for future series.

Latest posts