What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Many of the clubs are quite capable of having significant support. Its clear that the dormant support of Sydney clubs is very real. They do need to win games and show competitiveness. When its their time they do shine. Its important that the presence of these clubs is maintained for the sake of the game. Other additional clubs should be wecomed but not at the cost of this very real dormant support. Still believe North Sydney resurrected as the Central Coast Bears would add significantly to other rivalries in the Sydney Metropolitan area. This with other new clubs for Brisbane, Perth and maybe another well chosen area should see the NRL wisely have 20 clubs in the not too distant future. This should happen. We can only hope.

Dormant? For half the Clubs it's flicking comotose! If it exists at all. Tv viewers and attendance in Sydney would suggest this alleged 1/2mill fans a club is a total myth. Be surprised if many of them have more than 100k you could call a genuine supporter.

Stallion

First Grade
Dormant? For half the Clubs it's flicking comotose! If it exists at all. Tv viewers and attendance in Sydney would suggest this alleged 1/2mill fans a club is a total myth. Be surprised if many of them have more than 100k you could call a genuine supporter.

Your consistent disrespect for the core of the game and the foundations of this competition does your cause for the re acceptance of a Perth team into the NRL no favours. In fact its counterproductive.

Last edited:

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Too many teams in Sydney, nsw crowds are disgraceful for a professional sport. keep parra, Bulldogs. Souths, Dragons Penrith. The rest can fade away. It's time to grow up and expand. It's not the nsw cup anymore people.

Stallion

First Grade
It worked with the Broncos.

An entire competition consolidated onto one team and the sport is thriving there.

But of course Sydney is difference because.... reasons.

I would suggest another Brisbane team is what is long overdue in Brisbane and as you state the game is thriving in that city then im sure player depth would not be an issue with another Brisbane team!

An entire competition consolidated onto one team and the sport is thriving there.

You comment thst tha game is thriving. Then their must be room and player depth for another brisbane team.

Pommy

Coach

Is it thriving? Are brisbane crowds much better than Sydney per capita?
I haven't looked at the figures but is the sport really much healthier?

Stallion

First Grade
Too many teams in Sydney, nsw crowds are disgraceful for a professional sport. keep parra, Bulldogs. Souths, Dragons Penrith. The rest can fade away. It's time to grow up and expand. It's not the nsw cup anymore people.
The game can grow and expand with its core. Any other way would be precarious for the game when things like the media go against the code and one team town clubs falter. The tyrrany of distance is once again being ignored in such comments. Let alone the great history which creates rivalry thats been established by very recognizable Sydney clubs.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Is it thriving? Are brisbane crowds much better than Sydney per capita?
I haven't looked at the figures but is the sport really much healthier?

lets use ratings for the Saturday night final shall we

Sydney on fta & pay combined population 5 Million
Brisbane 2.2 Million

Id say Brisbane is about where it should be
& in Sydney ... we have a problem.
but in answering your question ... its obvious its in far better shape

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
The game can can grow and expand with its core. Any other way would be precarious for the game when things like the media go against the code and one team town clubs falter. The tyrrany of distance is once again being ignored in such comments. Let alone the great history which creates rivalry thats been established by very recognizable Sydney clubs.
I was at the broncos vs panthers game, the atmosphere was terrible to be honest. League crowds normally are. It's not an event to attend a league game, so it's too expensive to pay 40 bucks just to watch a league game, along with the pain of getting to and from the ground. What's the issues in Sydney you think ?.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The game can can grow and expand with its core. Any other way would be precarious for the game when things like the media go against the code and one team town clubs falter. The tyrrany of distance is once again being ignored in such comments. Let alone the great history which creates rivalry thats been established by very recognizable Sydney clubs.

hahahahaha
great history ?
rivalries ?

didn't Souths & the Bulldogs play in front of 8500 a few months ago
its laughable to use terms like history & rivalry when that crap is dished up

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
hahahahaha
great history ?
rivalries ?

didn't Souths & the Bulldogs play in front of 8500 a few months ago
its laughable to use terms like history & rivalry when that crap is dished up
And f**k me when coaches like des dish up garbage unwatchable styles of league it doesn't help.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I was at the broncos vs panthers game, the atmosphere was terrible to be honest. League crowds normally are. It's not an event to attend a league game, so it's too expensive to pay 40 bucks just to watch a league game, along with the pain of getting to and from the ground. What's the issues in Sydney you think ?.

league crowds normally have no atmosphere ? League games are not events ?
hahahahaha
rubbish you utter clown
The Allianz final the week before was first class & the smallish crowd made the noise of a turnout twice its size ... sat at ANZ was just awesome
theres been GFs & Origins that are the stuff of Australian sporting legend & amazing to attend , as good as or better then anything anywhere on the planet

stay in your living room in future pal & watch sooker yawnion , or bumbelball
or whateva your true passion is.
It aint League , so don't make out you're a fan concerned about it
you're not

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
league crowds normally have no atmosphere ? League games are not events ?
hahahahaha
rubbish you utter clown
The Allianz final the week before was first class & the smallish crowd made the noise of a turnout twice its size ... sat at ANZ was just awesome
theres been GFs & Origins that are the stuff of Australian sporting legend & amazing to attend , as good as or better then anything anywhere on the planet

stay in your living room in future pal & watch sooker yawnion , or bumbelball
or whateva your true passion is.
It aint League , so don't make out you're a fan concerned about it
you're not
You feeling ok mate ?you seem a little flustered ?, Lots of sweeping statements lol. I highly doubt you have attended many sporting events around the world if you think league has amazing live atmosphere, I've actually travelled this big planet, and attended all kinds of big sporting events lol, but yet I'm the clown.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Your consistent distespect for the core of the game and the foundations of this competition does your cause for the re acceptance of a Perth team into the NRL no favours. In fact its counterproductive.

Respect is earnt, when two Sydney clubs playing a finals game can barely crack 15k then the facts speak for themselves. Sydney needs 6 clubs, the decent supported ones. The others relegated to nsw cup and give some big cities a shot at growing the game.

Raiderdave

First Grade
You feeling ok mate ?you seem a little flustered ?, Lots of sweeping statements lol. I highly doubt you have attended many sporting events around the world if you think league has amazing live atmosphere, I've actually travelled this big planet, and attended all kinds of big sporting events lol, but yet I'm the clown.

you don't know anything about me or what ive done ... mate
your big noting yourself & need for validation is both pathetic & hilarious
you aren't a fan of our code
so your opinion on wether its as good live as other sports is irelevant

so like i said
f**k off & watch all those other big events , no one in here cares , leave discussion about our sport to us

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
you don't know anything about me or what ive done ... mate
your big noting yourself & need for validation is both pathetic & hilarious
you aren't a fan of our code
so your opinion on wether its as good live as other sports is irelevant

so like i said
f**k off & watch all those other big events , no one in here cares , leave discussion about our sport to us

:joy: ok mate, I'll humour you once more. League is my favourite sport for the record, I've always loved it, and that's why I support international league so much, because I would love to see it grow from an Australian eastern seaboard game to a global force. But you need a reality check, the game and the nrl has a massive problem, and that's the live game experience. It's shit , let's be honest about the siatuation so we can fix it ?, I mean 15 k at a A-League roar game is a better atmosphere then 38 k at a broncos final game. That's truth.

Raiderdave

First Grade
:joy: ok mate, I'll humour you once more. League is my favourite sport for the record, I've always loved it, and that's why I support international league so much, because I would love to see it grow from a Australian eastern seaboard game. But you need a reality check, the game and the nrl has a massive problem, and that's the live game experience. It's shut, let's be honest about the siatuation so we can fix it ?, I mean 15 k at a A-League roar game is a better atmosphere then 38 k at a broncos final game. That's truth.

hahahahaha

your true colours are shown , I picked you in one post
a sooker lover
a sport for women played by effeminent males

news flash
id rather kill myself then have to hook arms with the guy standing beside me & bounce up & down facing the wrong way singing songs because theres nothing going on , on the field
thats your definition of atmosphere
like I said , you're a clown lol